Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284978 06/23/19 03:52 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 20. This was a hard chapter to write, but I did like releasing some of Lois’s anger and frustration toward Lex. I bet this chapter brought up more questions than it answered. And just to add to those questions a bit more wink, I want to admit something. The first draft of my outline had Lois successfully unlocking Clark’s memories on the trail and then working together with Clark to restore his powers and take out Lex. Why did I change it? Well, remember how I didn’t write this story in the order you’ve been reading it? I had written scenes from the end before I filled in the middle and they didn’t make sense if Lois had been successful in Columbia. As evil as it felt, I knew something was going to have to separate them again and poor Clark couldn’t remember things yet. Otherwise, the end of my story couldn’t be the way I’d already written it.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, good. Who's going to restore Clark's memory now? Will Lana somehow trigger his memory reboot? Will Lex put a "kill" order out on Scott just to make sure he's not trying to interfere? Or will Lex have the doctor make Scott Lois' enemy in her muddled mind? How much will Lois remember of the past few days, or will the hole in her memories give her the incentive she needs to completely flush all of Lex' mind games? Tell me she won't make that connection when she's - er - "renewing her passion" with Lex! That would be so cruel of you!

Of course, it would also be quite in keeping with the tone you've set. All of these evil predictions I keep making are totally your fault, you know. You stimulate the evil sides of my muses (which are, of course, their predominate sides).

So when's the next part going up?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
In a perfect world, I would have sat down and looked through your posts to see which of your evil predictions have already come true. But I haven't had a chance yet with this ridiculous summer cold I've been trying endlessly to get over. Don't worry, as soon as I' able, I will because I am curious to know grin. I will not tell you which of your predictions will come true, only the ones that already have wink

Next part goes up Wednesday afternoon! Only one chapter, but one I think you'll enjoy!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
one is almost back now the other one :-)

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard