Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284724 06/09/19 11:35 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, so this idea sprung about around Kerth season and you guessed it--I was way too busy to finish it. This is in response to Kerth Challenge #3: TV Episode Challenge.

A/N: In no way do I think these two shows should ever meet, but I thought it might be funny to throw a little bit of laughter into things. The character I chose is Jack Pearson from This is Us. For those that aren’t familiar with the “Crock Pot” incident on the show here’s a link to explain some back story. The episode from Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman I chose is “Barbarians at the Planet.” I hope you all enjoy it.

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Weekly Kerth Challenge # 3

TV Episode Challenge

Pick any episode of Lois and Clark and plant one character from a TV series you enjoy (old or new) into the plot. Do they help the villain or Lois and Clark? How would it have changed the episode? This must be set in Lois and Clark's universe and in an actual episode.

Mark all responses with Fanfiction Challenge #3 and provide the following
  • Season and Episode:
  • Series your ONE Character is From:

All challenge responses have to meet all criteria to be counted

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All comments are welcome!

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was so good! Take that, Lex! [Linked Image]

And yay for early romance for L&C! [Linked Image]

And finally yay for Clark! I love it when he actually gets to spill his own beans and Lois doesn't punish him for it [Linked Image]

Excellent story, thanks for sharing it!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
<bump>

Unburies thread from FDK avalanche

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Excellent story. Nice addition of our favorite Time Traveler. Would have loved to see that reveal in the series! Very fitting that Lex's own arrogance and desire to best his enemy led to him receiving that fitting reward.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
This was perfect! I got so nervous when you mentioned Jack from This Is Us, but flipping the death by crockpot fire onto Lex instead was so much better and I could actually live with it lol.

More importantly, I like what you did with Lois and Clark in this piece. Having grown up conversations about Lex and their feelings made my heart melt. clap awesome job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Endelda
This was so good! Take that, Lex! [Linked Image]

And yay for early romance for L&C! [Linked Image]

And finally yay for Clark! I love it when he actually gets to spill his own beans and Lois doesn't punish him for it [Linked Image]

Excellent story, thanks for sharing it!

Hey E! wave

So happy you enjoyed this strange crossover. (Not really my strength but I figured I'd give it a go.)

Yes, Lex got what he deserved in this one. Refusing medical treatment and arrogantly trying to salvage his plans for destruction on Superman all the while ignoring the signs that something was wrong. Yes, see, Lex, bad never wins.

So happy the early romance came off okay. I was worried it might come across as rushed but I really wanted to end it with these two actually talking to one another like adults and not resembling toddlers throwing a tantrum over a toy being taken from them.

Thanks for reading and commenting. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Excellent story. Nice addition of our favorite Time Traveler. Would have loved to see that reveal in the series! Very fitting that Lex's own arrogance and desire to best his enemy led to him receiving that fitting reward.

Hey cuidadora! wave

Glad you liked HG Wells' cameo as the puppeteer behind the changes taking place in this world.

So happy you liked the reveal.

Yeah, Lex got what he deserved with this one.

Thanks for reading!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
This was perfect! I got so nervous when you mentioned Jack from This Is Us, but flipping the death by crockpot fire onto Lex instead was so much better and I could actually live with it lol.

More importantly, I like what you did with Lois and Clark in this piece. Having grown up conversations about Lex and their feelings made my heart melt. clap awesome job!

Hey Mouse!

wave

Thanks for reading this one. I know it was hard with the intro hinting at the crockpot death of Jack and all but I hope I did it justice for you. No more Jack death so that should make any This is Us fans happy, right? Then we switched it onto Lex and delivered epic justice.

So happy you liked my take on this. Grown up conversations and revelations were a must for this one. Glad it worked itself out. smile Thanks for commenting! smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Death by Crockpot rotflol clever! And Luthor is arrogant enough to refuse help of any kind. If they cant be bought, then forget it. Great take on Luthor getting his just desserts

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Death by Crockpot rotflol clever! And Luthor is arrogant enough to refuse help of any kind. If they cant be bought, then forget it. Great take on Luthor getting his just desserts

So glad you liked it, Crazy_Babe!

Yes, arrogant Lex found himself suffering at his own hand.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not being familiar with the series This is Us the whole crockpot debacle is beyond me. That being written, I really enjoyed reading this short story. Lois acts like a sensible woman who realizes the man she is dating is not the person he presents himself to be. In the meantime, the man she truly has a friendship with is the man she should be with. After a lifetime of having men and friends betray her, it takes a lot to get her to trust again.

Add into the mix a fatal inhalation of smoke and this story takes the reader in a direction we have never gone before.

It is such a wonderful breath of fresh air that Clark is able to reveal to Lois the truth about himself. No games or angst, he just gets down to brass tacks and tells her. In the end they are having a real dialogue. Perfect.

Your description of their conversation in the conference room was so real I thought I was in there with them!

Having Herb show up in the background was a smooth move. Utopia is saved again! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Love it, Val! Especially the touch of HG Wells pulling the strings smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Not being familiar with the series This is Us the whole crockpot debacle is beyond me. That being written, I really enjoyed reading this short story. Lois acts like a sensible woman who realizes the man she is dating is not the person he presents himself to be. In the meantime, the man she truly has a friendship with is the man she should be with. After a lifetime of having men and friends betray her, it takes a lot to get her to trust again.

Add into the mix a fatal inhalation of smoke and this story takes the reader in a direction we have never gone before.

It is such a wonderful breath of fresh air that Clark is able to reveal to Lois the truth about himself. No games or angst, he just gets down to brass tacks and tells her. In the end they are having a real dialogue. Perfect.

Your description of their conversation in the conference room was so real I thought I was in there with them!

Having Herb show up in the background was a smooth move. Utopia is saved again! smile1

Hey Morgana! smile1

Thanks for reading! Yes, I did try to make this as easy for outsiders to understand that hadn't seen This is Us.

It was kinda fun having Lois and Clark ....oh, I don't know...talk to one another like adults. Friendship naturally becomes more as Lois comes to realize who Lex really is.

I'm so glad the conversation in the conference room came across that real for you. I did my best to portray the emotions these two were struggling with at that moment.

I'm so happy you liked the way I played with the fatal smoke inhalation on Lex Luthor. That was actually how this idea started. What if it wasn't Jack Pearson(from This is Us) that died from smoke inhalation but rather our very own Lex Luthor?

Yes, I had to give a nod to Herb with this one. He had to have some hand in this.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Love it, Val! Especially the touch of HG Wells pulling the strings smile

Hey Feli!

Thanks so much for reading and being Beta on this one. Glad HG Wells' presence was so welcome. It was a last minute addition. wink

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard