Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284838 06/16/19 08:20 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A companion piece to A La Lane we take a trip down memory lane to see the many Father's Days both Clark and Lois have seen over the years.

Story is Here

All Comments welcome. In response to the Father's Day Challenge.

[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Aww... the ending is so cute! (melting into a pile of goo)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Aww... the ending is so cute! (melting into a pile of goo)

Thanks, Crazy_Babe wave

So glad you liked it. I tried to make it a happy ending. smile1

Also, nice to see you around again. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
"Well, he's too little to break anything yet," Clark grinned back at Lois.

"Uh-huh," Lois rolled her eyes, reaching out to take Jon from Clark's arms. "Let's just keep it that way."

When they're little, it seems they'll always be that way.

They won't.

Before you know it, Lois, little Jon will be an angsty teenager wrapped up in his own world, not wanting to be seen with you because It's So Not Cool! He'll play music you don't understand, date girls you wouldn't have thought he'd want to know, yell at you for Ruining His Life! but still put his hand out and ask for money (and rarely thank you), and generally drive you out of your ever-loving mind.

If you've raised him right, though, he won't forget it. He may not live the way you'd want him to live, but your lessons won't be forgotten. Ignored, maybe - but always remembered. And when he finally grows up, he'll realize that you weren't as old and feeble as he thought you were back in the day.

I guess you can tell that Father's Day is a bittersweet day for me. I have kids who call me on the day and wish me a happy day. I have kids who don't remember to call. And even though I know they remember what we taught them - they mention things from time to time - they don't live their lives as I would prefer. And I have a son I won't see again until I get to Heaven.

Yay for fan fiction! We can fix some of those problems for our hero couple and ease their minds a bit. Thanks for the insight into Clark's and Lois' minds, forc4evernaday.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Cute and touching scenes, especially the new (not so new) Kent tradition.
And I really like the picture. It's perfect.

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful tale. Love the parallel of Clark fixing breakfast to your story A La Lane. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
This was so sweet! And so very touching! Poor little Lois waiting for her dad, turning quickly into poor Clark for not understanding his powers, and then such waves of sympathy as they struggled to have a child of their own. So much sadness wrapped into one little day, but then you showed the light in all the dark, and oh my goodness was baby Jon worth it. It was so cute seeing Clark's interactions with his son.

I just adored this piece. clap excellent job! sloppy Thanks for posting something positive and warm on a day like today!

(Also sends a hug Terry's way, because I can laugh )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a sweet story!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, very sweet story, Val! The two miscarriages in 6 months hit me hard. While I've (thankfully) never gone through that, that desperate yearning for a child, that trying so hard to keep it together while your heart is shattering - that I know only too well. So glad they got their little boy, hopefully the first of many more to come!

Thanks for sharing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Beautiful, Val! Perfect companion to A La Lane smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
"Well, he's too little to break anything yet," Clark grinned back at Lois.

"Uh-huh," Lois rolled her eyes, reaching out to take Jon from Clark's arms. "Let's just keep it that way."

When they're little, it seems they'll always be that way.

They won't.

Before you know it, Lois, little Jon will be an angsty teenager wrapped up in his own world, not wanting to be seen with you because It's So Not Cool! He'll play music you don't understand, date girls you wouldn't have thought he'd want to know, yell at you for Ruining His Life! but still put his hand out and ask for money (and rarely thank you), and generally drive you out of your ever-loving mind.

If you've raised him right, though, he won't forget it. He may not live the way you'd want him to live, but your lessons won't be forgotten. Ignored, maybe - but always remembered. And when he finally grows up, he'll realize that you weren't as old and feeble as he thought you were back in the day.

I guess you can tell that Father's Day is a bittersweet day for me. I have kids who call me on the day and wish me a happy day. I have kids who don't remember to call. And even though I know they remember what we taught them - they mention things from time to time - they don't live their lives as I would prefer. And I have a son I won't see again until I get to Heaven.

Yay for fan fiction! We can fix some of those problems for our hero couple and ease their minds a bit. Thanks for the insight into Clark's and Lois' minds, forc4evernaday.

Aww, Terry, I can totally relate to the bittersweet feeling that comes with both Mother's Day and Father's day. We DO have fanfiction to keep us going and live vicariously through in order to fix the problems in our lives.

Thanks for reading and commenting. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Blueowl #285006 06/25/19 05:39 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Cute and touching scenes, especially the new (not so new) Kent tradition.
And I really like the picture. It's perfect.

Thanks BlueOwl.

Glad you enjoyed the quick snapshots into the many Father's days.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a delightful tale. Love the parallel of Clark fixing breakfast to your story A La Lane. clap

Hey cuidadora wave

So glad you liked it. I tried to tie these two together nicely. Glad the parallel between the two came across.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
This was so sweet! And so very touching! Poor little Lois waiting for her dad, turning quickly into poor Clark for not understanding his powers, and then such waves of sympathy as they struggled to have a child of their own. So much sadness wrapped into one little day, but then you showed the light in all the dark, and oh my goodness was baby Jon worth it. It was so cute seeing Clark's interactions with his son.

I just adored this piece. clap excellent job! sloppy Thanks for posting something positive and warm on a day like today!

(Also sends a hug Terry's way, because I can laugh )

Hey Mouse!

So glad you enjoyed this little tale of waffiness. Yeah Lois and Clark both had their struggles with Father's day but in the end they got their happy ending.

Though for some that happy ending doesn't come. I wanted to give some insight into the struggle of wondering if you'll ever fill that void. I've been at that low point before -- wondering if you'd ever get that blessing. I'm glad the pain and heartbreak came across.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Endelda #285009 06/25/19 06:22 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Endelda
What a sweet story!

Thanks E!

wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Aww, very sweet story, Val! The two miscarriages in 6 months hit me hard. While I've (thankfully) never gone through that, that desperate yearning for a child, that trying so hard to keep it together while your heart is shattering - that I know only too well. So glad they got their little boy, hopefully the first of many more to come!

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Vicki wave

So glad you enjoyed this piece. I know it was very heartbreaking to see Lois go through the miscarriages and suffer through the yearning of wanting to finally have the child she sought after with everything in her.

The little boy they were blessed with was definitely worth all the pain!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Beautiful, Val! Perfect companion to A La Lane smile

Hey Feli wave

Thanks so much for reading. I'm so glad you liked it. Yeah, those two tie together nicely.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard