Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just another weird little story for you all.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That's cute. I always thought Perry was pretty perceptive.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bahahaha! Poor Clark. laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
That's cute. I always thought Perry was pretty perceptive.

I've thought so too, for a long, long time now. It makes a lot of sense that he would know and not say a word.

Thanks for reading - glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Bahahaha! Poor Clark. laugh

Hehehe, thanks for reading! Poor Clark indeed!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Lol very cute! I also always thought Perry would have known.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
Lol very cute! I also always thought Perry would have known.

Thanks! I've suspected for a long, long time that Perry so totally knew.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am officially back from vacation!

“Hey, Clark?” Perry asked in his soft Southern drawl, sounding nervous as he drew the words out longer than was necessary.

“Yeah, Chief?” Clark asked, looking up at his boss as he started his computer up.

“Could I, uh, see you in my office?” Perry continued, shifting his weight from his left foot to his right foot, and Clark could see how ill at ease his editor was.

Reading these lines you just want to shout: Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Perry has something to say and it is not going to be easy for Clark to hear. Yikes! shock

“Son, you’ve got a whole slew of these half-formed excuses over the years. Now, I know, I’ve never said anything up until now. I always hoped you’d feel comfortable in just telling me the truth,” Perry drawled in a softer tone.

“Perry,” Clark began, wondering how on Earth he was going to finish that statement, and wishing Lois would come and rescue him.

Isn't that just like Perry? He's concerned, even hurt that Clark never confined in him after all these years.

Now ain't that a switch? Him looking for Lois to rescue him instead of the other way around! Priceless!

“Look, son, this is getting a little out of hand. I don’t mind in the least that you don a pair of tights and fly around rescuing people and all of that. I don’t even mind that it makes you late once in a while, because you always bring in the story. But, if you don’t want people finding out you’re Superman, you’ve got to start creating better excuses. Taking sick fish to the vet just won’t cut it eventually, when I retire and you have a new editor.”

Later, when he came to, Clark was glad he’d been sitting on the couch when he passed out.

These last two paragraphs were the best and tied up the entire fic in a perfect red, blue and yellow bow! Perry quickly and efficiently calls Clark, tells him to make better excuses and then warns him that someday he will not be around to cover his super-hide. Sounds just like our favorite managing editor of a great metropolitan newspaper! Well done Perry! I always suspected that he knew and decided it was for the best that he not say anything to either Lois or Clark. whistle

Clark passing out was the best! LOL!

Although I have to say the title is a little confusing. huh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Morgana! I love throwing the unexpected at Clark and figured he would definitely have an extreme reaction if Perry so casually mentioned that he's known all these long years that Clark is Superman.

Title was meant as kind of "missing the deadline kills his secret" in a way. It was all I could think of, even if I remain not completely happy with the title.

I have a better missed deadline idea in the works with a much better title though! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
For the first time, Clark misses a deadline at work.
Oh dear.
LOIS: mad Where have you been? It’s past 9am I’m stilling missing my choco-choco-chocolate-chip donut.

Now, I get that sometimes things can pop up, but you had a simple murder-suicide story to file. It should have been easy for someone of your skill to get through.”
It turned out that it was actually a double-homicide and the investigation is still ongoing?

He hung his head. “I’m sorry, Chief,” he apologized. “I couldn’t, uh, find my keys this morning. And last night…I meant to send you the article but I, uh…forgot. To, uh, get to the bank before it closed.”

Perry’s eyes narrowed and he shook his head. “You expect me to believe that, son?” he asked in an almost dangerous way.
Probably should told Perry the truth, that he was standing all night in front of Lois’s apartment building, staring up at her window like a creepy puppy in love.

“Two flat tires.
he doesn’t own a car.

Wine of the Month Club delivery.
Alcoholic. Also explains his other absences and flimsy excuses.

Cabbie got lost.
Was new to the city.

Three early doctor’s appointments in three weeks.
Hmm…cancer?

Sprained your elbow at the gym. Only to be seen using it just fine an hour later, I might add.
Kryptonite poisoning wore off.

Burnt yourself making coffee at home.
Now that’s a stretch.

Got locked in the parking garage.
Again, no car.

Line at the ATM, of all places!
There actually *are* lines some times. Also, he could have said ‘hold up’ evil

had to take wife’s pet fish to the vet.”
Oh, so this is Season 4/5 Clark. Duh! Also, could be true! And it could almost have been ‘had to take wife to the vet’, considering Season 3…

But, if you don’t want people finding out you’re Superman, you’ve got to start creating better excuses.
rotflol

Taking sick fish to the vet just won’t cut it eventually, when I retire and you have a new editor.”
Well, he might end up the editor himself?
LOIS: shock

Later, when he came to, Clark was glad he’d been sitting on the couch when he passed out.
Adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Aww, poor clark!!
Yes, I'm a meber of the "Perry must Know or at least suspect"-fraction, because otherwise Clark would be fired long ago.
But it was a good idea to say him "You need better excusions!". i love this one!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael! wave

LOIS: Where have you been? It’s past 9am I’m stilling missing my choco-choco-chocolate-chip donut.

Clark: (flies away with a "Yes, Ma'am!" in his wake)

It turned out that it was actually a double-homicide and the investigation is still ongoing?

Clark: Luthor rose from the dead AGAIN to torment me?

Probably should told Perry the truth, that he was standing all night in front of Lois’s apartment building, staring up at her window like a creepy puppy in love.

Clark: I only stalked her that one time right after I met her.

Oh, so this is Season 4/5 Clark. Duh! Also, could be true! And it could almost have been ‘had to take wife to the vet’, considering Season 3…

Lois: Don't make me come over there. (bares teeth and snarls)

Well, he might end up the editor himself?

Clark: (Flies away, never to be seen again)

Glad you enjoyed the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Aww, poor clark!!
Yes, I'm a meber of the "Perry must Know or at least suspect"-fraction, because otherwise Clark would be fired long ago.
But it was a good idea to say him "You need better excusions!". i love this one!

I really do think Perry knowing/suspecting makes the most sense. He would have skinned Clark alive otherwise.

Glad you had fun with the story! It was a blast to write!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol You hit the nail squarely on its head with your lovely, hilarious story!

Perry’s enumeration of Clark’s sorry excuses made me laugh out loud! (Now, I’m wondering how he got away this those so long with his other colleagues at the Planet...

Thank you for a VERY welcome relief in the midst of my current health issues. I'm trying to catch up (very slowly) with all the fics I couldn't read...

Last edited by Millefeuilles; 03/04/19 07:52 AM.
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful tale! Perry wouldn't have been the man in his position unless he knew. And his asking Clark for better excuses and Clark's reaction... priceless! rotflol clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
rotflol You hit the nail squarely on its head with your lovely, hilarious story!

Perry’s enumeration of Clark’s sorry excuses made me laugh out loud! (Now, I’m wondering how he got away this those so long with his other colleagues at the Planet...

Thank you for a VERY welcome relief in the midst of my current health issues. I'm trying to catch up (very slowly) with all the fics I couldn't read...

Haha, thanks! Glad it gave you a chuckle and a moment of levity to your day! Hope your health returns swiftly!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a delightful tale! Perry wouldn't have been the man in his position unless he knew. And his asking Clark for better excuses and Clark's reaction... priceless! rotflol clap

Thanks so much! I've always felt like there was an extra layer to Perry's "I know" speech, meant only for Clark.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That story was great. It was very entertaining and funny, and very well-written - the description of the characters' emotions was really evocative and compelling. thumbsup

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
That story was great. It was very entertaining and funny, and very well-written - the description of the characters' emotions was really evocative and compelling. thumbsup

Aww, thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it - it was super fun to write!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read this one but didn't FDK when I read it. (Sorry)

Love the long list of never-ending excuses Clark has come up with and Perry outing him. This is a great revelation fic and an awesome giggle.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard