Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284620 06/02/19 07:10 AM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 11. Another chapter in the same day! Both are pretty short but have important points to make. Making Clark into a miserable person was not as hard as putting Lois happily with Lex, but it wasn’t easy. I felt the need to apologize to both of them constantly. I’m sorry Lois and Clark. Lex made me do it wink.

Hopefully some of your questions have been answered and having Part 2 behind you, you understand how we got into this tangled mess. Knowing what you know now, what kinds of things are you thinking?

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
yeah yeah, how much did Lex pay you to do it? haha haha

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm thinking there will be a separate layer of Hell just for Luthor. Yup.

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
yeah yeah, how much did Lex pay you to do it? haha haha
Zilch! He is evil!

Originally Posted by Blueowl
I'm thinking there will be a separate layer of Hell just for Luthor. Yup.
With Superman-themed wallpaper and pictures of Lois and Clark happily together everywhere.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Clark’s face entered her thoughts and instinct told her which of those memories were right.

Go with your instincts, Lois! [Linked Image]

“I think I might be … pregnant,” she said hoping she sounded sincere.

Brilliant excuse! [Linked Image]

She sucked in a breath as Lex came back in carrying her bathrobe and the plate of food from earlier. He set them down on the counter.

Lex, trying to be solicitous. Not sure what's on that breakfast tray, but apparently it never occurred to him there could be an association between bringing the tray close to her in the other room and her immediate stomach upset. wallbash

Two months. This time he’d made it longer than at any of the rest of his previous jobs. Deep down, he knew that he wasn’t cut out for this job. Lois had pointed that much out more than two years ago.

Oh, Clark! mecry Your life is just [Linked Image]

Would his dad send him away again if he went home now?

The false memories have deliberately (my first guess) or inadvertently contributed to Clark feeling even more alone with what he at least sees as loss of -- or perhaps he believes he never had -- Martha and Jonathan's unconditional automatic love and support. Lex, you've caused a rift in the parent-child relationship here. [Linked Image]

I have a feeling that when their memories return you'll find you've awakened not only Mad Dog Lane, but also Mama and Papa Bear Kent.

Another excellent chapter.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh, Clark! mecry Your life is just [Linked Image]
I'm happy/sad I successfully got that across. smile.

The false memories have deliberately (my first guess) or inadvertently contributed to Clark feeling even more alone with what he at least sees as loss of -- or perhaps he believes he never had -- Martha and Jonathan's unconditional automatic love and support. Lex, you've caused a rift in the parent-child relationship here. [Linked Image]

I have a feeling that when their memories return you'll find you've awakened not only Mad Dog Lane, but also Mama and Papa Bear Kent.

Another excellent chapter.
Thanks! I'm glad you are still enjoying it!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by JellyS2
I'm glad you are still enjoying it!

To be honest, enjoying is not the right term. I appreciate the quality of your writing and the plot intricacies, but there's too much pain and darkness so far for me to consider it an enjoyable tale.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Originally Posted by JellyS2
I'm glad you are still enjoying it!

To be honest, enjoying is not the right term. I appreciate the quality of your writing and the plot intricacies, but there's too much pain and darkness so far for me to consider it an enjoyable tale.

frown Fair enough. I've certainly felt that way before. In that case, I'm glad your still reading it. I promise I put all the toys back in the box.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is the most broken Clark ever. I hate it.

John Pack Lambert
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by John Lambert
This is the most broken Clark ever. I hate it.
I'm sorry. frown I feel the same way. I felt so bad about writing him this way that when I met Dean Cain at a comicon in March, I apologized to him.

If you need to know ahead of time:
Heads up (which will appear in the chapter I will post tomorrow) it will get just a little worse in the next two chapters I will post tomorrow. (I'll include a little warning just in case about that in the post itself.) After that, I start to finally resolve all this junk and Clark gets raised out of his misery.
I really should make a graph (or several) of emotion(s) vs chapter... but that would be quite the spoiler in itself. Maybe after I'm done posting it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard