Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings all!

After reading Queen of the Capes challenge I thought it was time to get something on the boards for this year. This is a little fic set early in Lois and Clark's relationship. She still thinks of him as a Hack from Nowheresville. But Clark, well Clark still has high hopes.

Enjoy all.

Last edited by Morgana; 05/27/19 09:04 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
*Smirk*
Cat trying to swoop in and Lois batting her away made me laugh.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
BlueOwl

*Smirk*
Cat trying to swoop in and Lois batting her away made me laugh.

Absolutely! When I write Cat Grant she is usually on better terms with Lois and the other inhabitants of the newsroom. But this time, just for kicks and giggles it was high-time she was presented as per usual in canon. Glad this Cat made you laugh, that was what I was aiming for! smile1

Last edited by Morgana; 05/30/19 04:06 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark brightened. “Really? You’ll be my girl? Huh, I mean for investigating this story of course.”

Suuuuure. Just for the story. wink
Very cute!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay! A challenge taker! clap

It figures that Lois would magically change her mind as soon as Cat volunteered. wink

~•~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Quote:
Clark brightened. “Really? You’ll be my girl? Huh, I mean for investigating this story of course.”

Suuuuure. Just for the story. wink
Very cute!

Yeah, its summertime and cuteness is in the air!

At this point, Clark is still trying to find his way in the newsroom. He really wants to get closer to his lovely partner, but at the same time knows goodness well she has set up definite boundaries. Poor guy, what a crazy situation to find himself in. huh

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay! A challenge taker! clap

It figures that Lois would magically change her mind as soon as Cat volunteered. wink

In the nine years I have been part of this community I have only accepted challenges twice. This one was just perfect.

Cat is always trying to get one up on Lois. So the correct response is to stop Ms. Grant in her little kitty tracks!

Last edited by Morgana; 05/29/19 02:44 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Best part of the story for me was:

Clark's view of what happened in HIM
It took everything to hold back a silly grin as the happy memories flowed. Boy, did he ever! The maid, Ingeborg walked in on their surveillance operation and he had to quickly throw the equipment on the bed and cover it up. Then grabbed and passionately kissed a protesting Lois before the intrusive woman discovered what they were really doing in the Honeymoon suite.

It was worth his embarrassed explanation to Lois afterward just to experience the fantastic kiss they shared.

Lois' view of what happened in HIM
Rolling her eyes in mock derision, she answered crisply “I got showered on by a broken sprinkler system when I went across the street to investigate Thaddeus Roarke’s office. Than when we came back to the suite it was trashed by his goon. What a lousy ‘honeymoon’! Even if it was fake!”

Isn't it amazing how two people having the same experience focus on completely different aspects of the experience...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

Isn't it amazing how two people having the same experience focus on completely different aspects of the experience...

So glad you caught that! Lois wanted him to think the experience was intolerable. But in reality, she really had a great time! It wasn't like work at all! That's why when Cat offered to take her place, jealousy just came out of the woodwork!

Thanks so much for reading!

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
Love this story! You've portrayed Clark, Lois and Cat so perfectly! I also love how Clark and Lois's views differ. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cuidadora

Love this story! You've portrayed Clark, Lois and Cat so perfectly! I also love how Clark and Lois's views differ. clap

Thanks so much for the lovely comment! goofy

Every once in a while all the tumblers click and I can almost 'hear' the characters in my head! That made writing this little one-shot really easy! After a long dry spell it is wonderful to be able to write as I had before Ted's heart attack. Hopefully my latest will be posted in the early autumn if not sooner. hyper

Morgana

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great! Love how Lois changed her mind when Cat showed up.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Jackiek

This is great! Love how Lois changed her mind when Cat showed up.

What a hoot! Maybe I should write more stories with Cat and Lois trading barbs? Hmmm, maybe they should work on a case together? jawdrop Now that would be something!

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great little story! Perfect throwing Cat in there to give Lois the kick she needed to accept Clark's "proposal" (no pun intended, really). Thanks for the fun little ficlet for the evening!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Morgana, I truly hope Ted continues to recover from the heart attack. I have lots of health problems, but not that one. I do know, though, that it's a long road back to health with a lifetime of restrictions and requirements to maintain that health - like my own road.

If he gets down, tell him about me and that I'm doing very well with my new liver. (My wife named it "Bob.") clap

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

Morgana, this was such a cute and adorable tale! Thanks so much for sharing. I like the reflection on their time in the Honeymoon Suite. Lois remembers the sprinkler system and Clark remembers the kiss. Lois' reaction when Cat shows up is priceless.

Great job! clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

I used the events from Honeymoon in Metropolis as a springboard for this fic.
Oooooh! clap

but please: I need you to pretend we're … uh … dating."
Okay? So, why does the not-so-flattering suit works best, then? What sort of dating does he have in mind?

“The last time we did ‘something like that’ was at the Luxor Hotel. You do recall how that little ‘inside job’ turned out?”
Yes, with him kissing her on the bed, according to most sources. There’s a couple of other sources out there that tell much much raunchier tales.

The maid, Ingeborg walked in on their surveillance operation and he had to quickly throw the equipment on the bed and cover it up. Then grabbed and passionately kissed a protesting Lois before the intrusive woman discovered what they were really doing in the Honeymoon suite.
Yes, what*ever* would a maid think when she walks into the honeymoon suite and sees a lot of video equipment laid out in the bedroom.

Abruptly a familiar, but unwelcome voice broke into their conversation. “If spoilsport Lois doesn’t want to go, I can be your girlfriend Clark, for the afternoon … or the night.” Cat Grant, wearing her signature skintight leopard jumpsuit,
clap /waits for Lois’s girlfriend-for-the-night remark/

Superman was carrying an unconscious fireman who had been trapped in the building.
/imagines the classic hero-rescues-damel shot, only with Superman carrying a guy in his arms/

Well, here we go again with another great story from Lane and Kent!
clap

Great work on Perry pulling the articles together!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Deadly Chakram

Great little story! Perfect throwing Cat in there to give Lois the kick she needed to accept Clark's "proposal" (no pun intended, really). Thanks for the fun little ficlet for the evening!

No problem DC! Reading a light story before turning in for bed is always a good thing. hyper

Wow! Maybe I should have Lois and Cat go toe to toe more often! Apparently everyone enjoyed reading about it. Still, I am more intrigued by having these two very strong women work together on a case. Now that would be something fun to read about....

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Terry Leatherwood

Morgana, I truly hope Ted continues to recover from the heart attack. I have lots of health problems, but not that one. I do know, though, that it's a long road back to health with a lifetime of restrictions and requirements to maintain that health - like my own road.

Reading this comment truly touched my heart. Thank you for such kind words Terry. It is a very long road and one we will be traveling on for a while. Nonetheless, I am so glad we are sharing it together!

I am so happy the liver transplant was a success! clap

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
FoLC4evernaday

Morgana, this was such a cute and adorable tale! Thanks so much for sharing. I like the reflection on their time in the Honeymoon Suite. Lois remembers the sprinkler system and Clark remembers the kiss. Lois' reaction when Cat shows up is priceless.

Great job! clap

Now that I think about it, maybe the part with Lois and Cat could have been expanded a tad bit more? Lois would remember the sprinkler system! After all, it did get her soaking wet! Did anybody notice that after taking her briefcase to the docks, we never see it again? Pity, I love bags like that. whinging

Morgana

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard