#284543 05/25/19 07:39 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, FoLCs! Long time, no see...

So... I’ve now watched every possible moment of Timeless. Several times. And I’m in that unenviable position of not yet being quite ready to let it go. So, I’m looking for recs on the best fanfic out there to ease my frustration.

I’m a huge Lucy/Wyatt shipper. Also looking for WAFFs, WHAMs, h/c and angst with happy endings.

So, if anyone knows of something in those areas they might want to recommend, I’d sure appreciate it!

Thanks!

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 05/25/19 07:40 AM. Reason: typo

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
LabRat #284544 05/25/19 10:00 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi LabRat,

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you, even if only for a request for a different show's fanfic.

I'm afraid I can't help you with this (besides the obvious: Try fanfic.net); I am not at all familiar with Timeless. But thanks to your post, I have added it to my Amazon Watchlist.

So much entertainment, so little time...

Joy,
Lynn

LabRat #284548 05/25/19 02:18 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Timeless was a good show. The final movie felt a bit rushed but at least we got some sort of closure. Unfortunately I don't have any fanfic recs for you.

Joan

LabRat #284549 05/25/19 02:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Labby!

I never got into Timeless so I can't make any personal recommendations, but here is a link to all the completed Lucy/Wyatt fics on ArchiveofOurOwn.org (Ao3) ranked by popularity.

Please note that I haven't read any of them and I didn't filter for ratings, so there are what I assume are some fairly spicy fics in that list.

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
LabRat #284552 05/26/19 09:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the series! So glad there was a strong enough fan based that they got a proper closure.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LabRat #285187 07/13/19 01:33 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, all.

Thanks for the swift responses to this. I am SO sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Life has been a bear, lately.

Lynn: LOL. I do still hang out here, but these days I tend to lurk as I don't really feel I have much to contribute that is worthwhile. I still like to check in now and then though and see how life is treating all my old buddies.

I hear you on the to watch list. Mine has enough content on it to last into the next century. Although, I did get through a chunk of it during my attempts to distract my attention onto something new other than Timeless. <g> Succeeded eventually.

If you do ever get time to try it out, I hope you enjoy. As I was saying to Morgana just recently, aside from the usual attractions for me - strong chemistry between the leads, great ship and humour - what I loved was how it highlighted the stories of strong, intelligent, independent women from history.

Hi, Joan: I agree. It was inevitable that it would be a little rushed, but it hit all the beats I was looking for and gave me the closure I'd been hoping for so, aside from the odd odd beat, it worked for me.

Endelda: Thank you so much! It's always daunting trying to work your way through a fanfic site to the good stuff so this really helped.

Morgana: I've just realised that your last email to me on this subject got lost somewhere. So, hope this post answers it! <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard