Next Thread
Print Thread
#284288 04/23/19 08:56 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi,

A litter of plot bunnies assaulted me while I was thinking about a few episodes today and how much better (and/or interesting) things would have been if Clark had called the cops and let them know a few things before heading out to deal with something as Superman.

For example---
When Ariana calls Clark to tell him Lois wants to see Superman at Luthor's penthouse. What would have happened if he or Perry had called the cops to let them know where Ariana was since they knew she was a wacko by that point?

In Return of the Prankster, when they call Clark to get Superman to the penthouse of the Lakeside Towers (so they can freeze him with the yellow light) why not contact the cops? The brothers are wanted after all, and I'm sure the cops would have acted quickly and effectively once they realized Superman was affected by the light.

There are a few others, of course, but those came to mind first.

Anyway, I don't know when I'll have time to write any of these, so thought I would share them as a challenge in case anyone wanted to give it a go cool

Blueowl #284303 04/26/19 05:26 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I like this idea. Fiction, SF in particular, sometimes sacrifices common sense at the expense of plot. Why wouldn't Superman use the police/help the police to make arrests? If the goal is to catch the crooks then this makes sense. Especially after Lois knows?

I had a similar idea from the other end. If the police find that they trust Superman they could at least use him as an informant, if not fully deputize him. He would want to be able to meet with them in private and they would want to ensure that only he has access to the information they provide. A old bank vault with the door locked (for them) with an unlocked door weighing several tons in the ceiling (for him) would fit the bill.

The police could securely provide Superman with sensitive information on ongoing investigations and he could provide them with information as well. This also leaves Clark in possession of information that could potentially help his own investigations for the paper. He also has the ethical dilemma of what he can justify using for his stories (i.e. I found this out on my own, Superman told me, etc.) and how much to share with the Police.

Last edited by Shallowford; 04/26/19 05:27 AM.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard