Next Thread
Print Thread
#284143 03/29/19 07:54 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Story is Here!

Comments go here. smile

It feels good to be writing and posting again. ^_^ I hope you all enjoy!

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG! That was a scream and a half! I *love* it. I just about died when the "in drag" ante hit the table. Best Comedy for the 2020 Kerths? I see a definite nom from me! Excellent work! More awesome JL comedies, please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*Kermit flail* OMG I LOVE IT!! Hilarious and touching at the same time! Queenie, you're a treasure!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“And you're going to tell me the truth?” she pressed, taking another bite of the cake. “The whole truth? For the entire day?”

“For my entire life,” Clark corrected, resting his arms on the table. “I'm done lying to you, Lois.”

She looked him over carefully, then swallowed another bite. “So, shouldn't you be in drag, right now?” she asked, the last bit of anger finally gone from her voice. She even smiled. “Come to think of it, I didn't even get my song!”

Clark smiled back at her and reached for his own champagne. “Ah, but like I said: this is all just because I realized that he was right. I didn't actually lose the bet.”

Glad the chips fell your way Clark! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Love this little tale! rotflol Great last line! Glad Clark learned how to play poker! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was fun! You captured the spirit of our supers. Love Clark realizing Batman was right.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Haha too funny! Love it!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
haha good for Clark he won the bet :p

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That was indeed fun. I realize that it is off-topic for this MB, but I would love a sequel in which we see Batman speaking with Commissioner Gordon. Clark/Superman could always be worked into the story to keep it on topic. Or perhaps Lois was hiding in the bushes at the time; what a headline that story would make!

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
That was indeed fun. I realize that it is off-topic for this MB, but I would love a sequel in which we see Batman speaking with Commissioner Gordon. Clark/Superman could always be worked into the story to keep it on topic. Or perhaps Lois was hiding in the bushes at the time; what a headline that story would make!

Joy,
Lynn

I second this! But I want him to have to do the drag song thing! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
But I want him to have to do the drag song thing!

Oh, absolutely. This was what I had wanted to see.

(Note: There actually is precedent for Batman singing.)

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Hahahaha! This was pure gold! I love every element of this! Barry smarting off, the JL having a poker night in general, Clark bringing the ante up so ridiculously... rotflol I'm dead! You totally had me going too! I kept waiting for you to pull back and have Clark be in one of Lois' dresses, but that was even better!

I am definitely clamoring for the Batman sequel too! I seem to recall Bruce in a pink princess ballgown rolling around the internet... evil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

“What's the matter, Bats?” the Flash teased as Nightwing took the seat usually reserved for Green Lantern. “Couldn't get a sitter?”
Cute! /wonders what Barry would do if XS from 2040 would accompany him and she and Nightwing hit it off/

“I, for one, am honored to finally meet Bruce's protege,” Wonder Woman said, graciously.
/flashes to Titans/ She does know about what Nightwing does with Donna when the lights go out, right?

Dick smirked at him. “Do you?”
CLARK: /nods and pulls one boot off to place it into the middle/
JUSTICE LEAGUE: shock
CLARK: Loisssssss…

Across the table, the corners of Bruce's mouth seemed to twitch as he quietly shuffled the deck.
That must be an illusion.
BRUCE: No, I really do shuffle the cards. No need to cheat.

Across the table from him, the Batman smirked. “Why do you know it's lead?”
laugh Because he had to pick them up this time.

“Things with Lois are...complicated,” Clark mumbled, then glanced over at the speedster to his right. “What about you, Barry? Aren't you and Iris already engaged?”
Yes, but he blames youthful inexperience for his…quickness in the matters of the…heart.

when he doesn't even have a girlfriend?”
Then what do you call his live-in house cat?
BRUCE: I have Catwoman locked up in the basement for the safety of Gotham City, not for my own personal motives. I mean, Arkham Asylum is already overcrowded as is and she already broke out five times in the past year alone, so…
DICK: laugh And every time Bruce caught her as she sneaked into the master bedroom of Wayne Manor. She really is an odd duck that one. Still hasn’t figured out that the hidden safe is located in Bruce’s study, not his bedroom.

“So, I would wear...a suit?” Diana asked, a confused frown puckering her forehead.

“And a mustache,” Barry chimed in, his freed hands now cradling one of the chip bowls. “Got to keep it equally awkward!”
laugh

Diana nodded, then stared down at her cards. “Whoever gets confessed to will probably be upset at being deceived for so long,” she reflected. After a long pause, she straightened in her chair. “I will raise this bet so that the loser must treat this person to a very nice dinner.”
Awwwwww

“Yeah,” Clark agreed. “How about something more out there, like 'the confession has to be in song'?”

The corner of her mouth quirked upward. “Are you officially raising?”
Poor Lois. His singing should be enough to drive her into the arms of Lex Luthor.

The new arrangement was fine with the others. Bruce reached for the deck. “How many cards, Kent?”
I’ll admit, I’m surprised they playing 5-card draw instead of Texas Hold’em or something along those lines. Then again, they do regularly have to bluff the bad guys instead of taking them out strategically.
BRUCE: Speak for your selves.

Diana stared down at her cards, then nodded once. “The loser should also give this person a day of complete honesty,” she decided, glancing up at Clark for some reason.
Aww, she wants Steve to tie her to the bed posts with her lasso.
LOiS: [Linked Image] I think I need to borrow something…

“Batman's duties?” Clark echoed, slightly offended. “Hey, I'm the one who made that bet! Does it even occur to you that I just might be the winner tonight?”

Diana gave a non-committal shrug.

“Well, I could be!” Clark protested.
Han’s cute when he tries to beat Lando at Sabbacc.

Clark glanced down at his cards, then back up at the Batman's smug smirk. “Yes. I'm calling it.”

Lois set her champagne glass down beside her plate.
Oops.

“Two years of lies, abandonment, and cheesy excuses all finally end because of a poker game?” She crossed her arms, her eyes narrowing further.
Umm…

“And you trust the romantic advice of a guy who apparently has no girlfriend?” she challenged.
Hey, he’s got a house cat!

She looked him over carefully, then swallowed another bite. “So, shouldn't you be in drag, right now?” she asked, the last bit of anger finally gone from her voice. She even smiled. “Come to think of it, I didn't even get my song!”
Huh.

Clark smiled back at her and reached for his own champagne. “Ah, but like I said: this is all just because I realized that he was right. I didn't actually lose the bet.”
Oh boy. Good thing they went with ‘important person’ instead of girlfriend or otherwise, Batman wouldn’t have much new to talk about with Selina.

Adorable one! It really was time for another Aprils Fools story with the gang hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love it! I third or fourth the idea of the batman sequel.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard