Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! Can't believe I missed this one in the busy-ness of RL. I'm trying to go back and read all the stories I've misses and this one was so great! hyper

thanks!

rkn
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, rkn! Glad you enjoyed!

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really did. This one was unique because Lois really had to confront her feelings for Clark Kent and she realized that Clark Kent was who she really was in love with, and she chose him. Event though cannon Lois "chose" Clark Kent, she still knew he was Superman too.

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi AK,

I just read this story over the last week. It's terrific. I see that it was nominated for a Kerth, which is how I found it on the archive Kerth page. I hope you're planning to submit it to the archive as well. It deserves a wide readership.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
notworthy hail notworthy hail notworthy

I dove into the story over a month ago (RL : 6 and 4 year old = taking potentially a month and a half to read this story during 'free time' aka--middle of the night wink ).

I completely, utterly, constantly loved it--every chapter, every scene, every beautiful word. You were able to bring SUCH feeling into Clark...into all the hell he was dealing with (regarding Luthor's 'game' ), but yet, at the same exact time, show so much of his heart. How deeply and wholeheartedly he loves Lois.

Watching Lois go on this journey--falling bit by bit (but if she were to be honest with herself, it was pretty quickly into knowing) her friend. Coming to terms with her unrealistic crush (the clone, but also 'Superman' in general) and, without a doubt, choose Clark.

What made the story so beautiful in my mind was how constantly, how just really on faith alone, Lois had to trust her best friend. Be there for him. Believe him--and in him. Knowing that this was the middle of the first season, pretty early into their friendship really, made Lois' choices that much MORE sweet.

You put the emotions, the feelings, of 'love' into words.

Thank you--for this story, for all of the late evenings I have been privileged to enjoy in this world.

'Amazing' would be a complete inadequate description of this piece of work clap.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/21/15 03:17 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I, too, loved this story and have re-read it 3 times. Each time I catch nuances I missed before. All new members to the message boards should include this on their "must read list." [Linked Image]

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely thumbsup.

I'm so adament that I'll reread in the future, I've left the story in the iBooks section of myiPad/iPhone. Just could not push delete wink.

One of my all-time favorites, Anti-K notworthy ...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So glad you enjoyed the story, LMA and Supesfan! This was one of my favorite stories to write, letting me combine my admiration of Clark's strength with my favorite lines of the show, while also giving me the chance to play around with some bits of role-reversal in the relationship/friendship between Lois and Clark. It IS long, though, so I sympathize with you having to find the time to read it in a busy life! smile

I'm delighted to hear that you've reread it so often, Supersfan, and that you plan to, LMA -- the best compliment a writer can receive is to know that their readers plan to repeat the process, this time knowing what they're getting into! smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was quite possibly my favorite fic that I've ever read. I was sucked in so hard that I couldn't put it down. Luckily I had several VERY long plane rides (over the ocean) and bus trips (across countries) and was able to keep reading until I was finished. It was fantastic. I loved the flow of the writing and the story. I loved being confused about what was happening at the beginning and having an idea of what was going on later, but not being too sure. I love how everything came together at the end. Kudos and thanks for writing!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you so much! It's such a great encouragement to know people are still enjoying older stories! This was one of my very favorites to write, so it holds a pretty special place in my heart. Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed it! Oh, and glad you had safe travels on what sounds like a long trip!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Ms. AntiKryptonite, after seeing JellyS2 posting, I have yet again re-read your story. I last read it in 2015. And here in 2019 it is just as fresh, sharp and riveting as before. Every single time I read it, I pick up new details. Thank you for this lovely, multifaceted story.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard