Kerth challenge # 11: Captured

“Be sure you don't lose them this time!” sounded in a black Chevy Suburban. The rain that was falling on the window and the storm that howled past the sides of the car made it more difficult to follow the Jeep Grand Cherokee, three cars in front of them.
“I am trying but you yelling to me and the weather outside doesn't make it easy. Why do we need so much space anyway?” Sounded from his partner.

“First of all I yell whenever I want to yell and secondly, we don't want them to be suspicious now do we?” the bald man said before he took control of his emotions again, “I don't want them to recognize us or our plan will fail.”

"With this weather I doubt it." The brown-haired man groaned between his teeth. The man was used to be the commander of an organization but he knew he was nothing like the bald man sitting next to him, that man was ruthless.

“Just do what I tell you to do because you're nothing without me.” the bald man said calmly pleased with himself, he would be at the top again in no time now.

“Why are you helping me anyway? What have you to gain? And why don't we just kidnap the baby with his parents?” The driver of the Chevy was confused now.

“Clearly that is none of your business but I am in a happy mood so I will answer some of them, let's say that I have my own reason to destroy Superman and I want back what I have lost so no harm comes to Lois Lane but we will destroy her loving husband Clark Kent soon enough!” the bald man laughed evilly.

“Lex, I don't get it why just don't go ahead and shoot that lousy reporter and take off with his wife and child? I hope you know what the agreement was?” Luthor's companion asked with a voice full of anger.

“It's Mr. Luthor for you and yes, Mr. Trask I remember our agreement, I get the girl you get the baby and we both get to destroy Superman in the process. But all will become very clear soon. They stopped, now park a little further down the road.

Clark looked worried at his wife, who hadn't said a single word since they left their house at Hyper avenue.

“What's wrong, honey?” Clark asked while looking at his wife, placing his hand on her leg.

“Clark, is it wrong to feel guilty for leaving our son in the hands of my parents? I mean I would love going to this concert with you but I feel strange for leaving our son out of my control and I just have a bad feeling about this! What if something happens to him, Clark? Are you really sure you didn't have any powers at this age because my mom and dad don't know your secret and...” Clark stopped his wife's babbling with the only way he knew, he kissed his wife on her lips before he assured her, “Everything will go smoothly, honey. You will see.”

Lois sighed, “You are probably right. It's just that, … it's the first time I leave him with someone else and I am just scared.”

"Honey, it's normal to be scared, that's a sign of being a wonderful mother, you want what's best for our little CJ and what my powers concerns I have been a normal kid until my teenage years so you don't need to be afraid of that," Clark said lovingly while he used his x-ray to watch through the carrier and to see their son sleeping, the sight made his heart melt. Lois sighed deeply before she stepped out and opened the back door of the car and take the carrier out. Clark was right she thought, CJ is safe here with my parents.

Ellen Lane stood already in the door opening when Lois and Clark arrived, "how is my little grandson?" she asked while grabbing the carrier out of Lois her hands. Lois and Clark almost forgot, Ellen, walked inside her house looking at the little wonder sleeping in the carrier. Lois rolled her eyes before following her mother inside.

"Mom, please, here are our beeper numbers, use them from the moment something is wrong. You can find his bottles in his diaper bag, together with his diapers and his favorite toy. Please, mom, call me as soon as something is wrong." Lois said if someone had told her a year ago that she would be the overprotective mother she would have called them crazy and yet here she was leaving her baby someplace else then home for the very first time. Clark placed his hand on Lois her shoulder, "Lois, honey we need to go now if we want to make the concert in time. Jimmy will be there waiting for us with Carley." They couldn't make the concert of Pearl Jam last time so they were happy when Jimmy had asked them to go on a double date and go to the concert with him and the beautiful redhead that worked at the Daily Planet.

"Lois, don't worry so much, CJ will be alright, it is not the first time I looked after a baby you know, I was a mother once too." Ellen said while she couldn't hold her eyes of her beautiful grandson, "I expect Sam to be home in one hour so don't worry." Lois rolled her eyes behind her mothers back, <You being a mother, ha that is what scares me the most.> She thought but she stayed silent. Lois walked over to the carrier, "Mommy and daddy will be here for you in a few hours, sweetheart, be a good boy with grandma." She kissed the baby before she let herself lead away by her husband reassuring her that CJ would be just fine and still she couldn't shake that feeling, a feeling that something was going to happen to them.

Jason Trask and Lex Luthor waited for thirty minutes since they saw Lois and Clark leave before stepping out of the car and walking towards the home of Sam and Ellen Lane. Jason and Lex had transformed themselves into cops and were waiting at the front door after they pushed the buzzer of the doorbell. Ellen Lane opened the door. Lex and Jason showed them their fake badge.
"Can I help you, officers?" Ellen asked with some confusion in her voice.

“Can we come in ma'am?” Jason Trask asked with authority in his voice.

Ellen looked at the two officers before letting the men enter. She didn't recognize Luthor without hair on his head and a fake mustache. She believed he was dead so why would she think that he would end up in front of her door.

She stepped aside and let the officers pass her. Both men followed her towards the living room before pulling out their gun's. The two men had an agreement that only Jason would talk because Ellen didn't know him so that way the surprise would be bigger for her son-in-law.

Ellen lifted her hands in the air, not knowing what they wanted from her, “What do you want?” She asked trying to hide her fear, her grandson counted on her.

"All we want is for you to take that infant over there and come with us, you can choose the easy way or the hard way, it doesn't matter to us!" Jason said with the same authority as he used as an officer just now. Ellen knew that the best way to stay alive was to do what was told so she grabbed CJ who was still in his carrier and followed the one man who had been silent the whole time. What they didn't know though was that someone had spotted them leaving the house. Sam had been on time for once and was hiding behind a large tree standing a few feet from there house. He knew he couldn't follow them on his own and he had no clue how to come in contact with the one man who could help him, but he knew someone who could, Lois and Clark needed to know what was going on anyway. He waited until they were out of sight and ran inside immediately. He called the number of Clark's beeper and waited impatiently until they called him. Waiting in situations like this could take longer but what seemed like hours were in reality only a few minutes before the phone rang.

“Clark?” Sam asked trying to hide the fear in his voice.

"Yes, this is Clark, Sam what's wrong? Something happened with CJ?" Clark asked worriedly

"I don't want to worry you but could you come home immediately, Ellen and CJ are kidnapped," Sam said this time he didn't hide his fear and worries. Sam was shocked when he saw Lois and Clark running into the living mere seconds after he had hung up the phone.

“How did you arrive here so quickly?” Sam asked confused.

“Not now, Sam. Did you see who took Ellen and CJ?” Clark knew he was sounding harsh but his son was in danger and who knows what they had done to him already.

“They were dressed as cops, but something tells me that, that was a disguise.” It was the only thing that Sam knew that could help them.

“Lois, you stay here with your father. I am going to start looking for them and I will call the cops once I found out where they are hiding.” Clark said, not really caring that Sam heard everything.

“Take me with you, please?” Lois begged her husband but that was one thing he wasn't prepared to do.

“No, Lois, you stay here with your father. I will make sure that they are safe.” Clark said before spinning into his suit and flying out with his famous sonic boom.
Sam was stunned with what just occurred, now he understood why both of them seemed to be the only one being able to contact Superman because his son-in-law was the man of steel himself. He shook himself out of thoughts when he heard Lois talking on the phone with someone.

“Give me Henderson it's urgent!” Lois asked she never felt so scared in her entire life. Not only was her mom missing but what was worse, they took her baby boy with them.

“Henderson, this is Lois Lane, someone took my son and my mother.”

“Where are you at the moment?” Bill Henderson asked from the other side of the phone.

"I am at my parents' house at the moment on fly avenue 558," Lois said hoping he would come as soon as possible.

"Alright stay there, I am on my way!" Bill Henderson end the phone call without asking if Clark was with her because he suspected sometime now that Clark and the man of steel were one and the same

Lex Luthor and Jason Trask had taken Ellen Lane and little CJ to an abandoned warehouse in Metropolis. The abandoned warehouse had once been a place where the clothes for Metropolis wild horse. A small brand that didn't make it further than Metropolis. It was closed down years ago when his owner had been arrested for breaking the law about child labor. Ellen Lane watched how her captors were discussing what to do now. She silently moved her wrists in such a way to try and loosen the rope they had used to tie her up to an old wooden chair. She knew that this was a trap to kill Superman so she refused to call the man of steel for help. She would try and find a way out for her and her grandson. She has never been a great mother for Lois and Lucy and she knew that but she wanted to take this second chance and she wanted to be the best grandma for little CJ she could be. Maybe to make up for failing her own children. She startled though when the discussion between her captors escalated.

“You promised me that I could kill the baby!” Jason yelled towards Luthor.

"Yes, I needed you to be able to get my way inside the home of that old witch over there," Luthor said calmly while he pointed towards where Ellen Lane was sitting. She ended her attempt to get free abruptly when Luthor looked towards her.

"You are a traitor to the human race, Lex Luthor I should use the bullets to save the humans from you," Jason said pointing his gun towards Luthor's head.

“Nobody threatens me and lives! I will have my revenge without you!” Luthor said while he kicked the gun out of Jason's hand. He pulled out his own gun and shot Trask straight between the eyes. Trask fell straight back but was dead before he hit the ground.
"Now I can do whatever I want!" laughed Luthor evilly. He put away his gun and picked Trask's gun off the floor. He was going to need that gun for later.

Superman was flying over the city in order to find his son and his mother-in-law when sudden images of a galloping black horse filled his mind. It was like seeing a movie in front of him. The images changed and old machinery came into view. Something told him that this was where he could find the people he was looking for.

<A galloping horse, which old brand has a galloping black horse?> the warehouse stood on the outskirts of town nobody had used it for years so it didn't ring a bell for Superman.

<<Why am I thinking about the Metropolis Wild Horse company all of a sudden?>> boomed in Superman's head, with a voice that seemed to sound a lot like Lois her voice.

<Lois?>

<<Clark?>> Sounded back in his head. It was enough for Superman to stop in his tracks.

<How did you manage to get inside my head?> Superman asked in his mind.

<< I wanted to ask you the very same thing but that is not what is important right now? Did you say
you were looking for a brand with a black galloping horse?>>

<Did you received the images too?> Superman was confused now but if he was right it meant that he had a telepathic link probably with his son. He didn't know how he did it but that wasn't important right now.

<< What images? What did you see?>> sounded again this time he felt Lois her fear for his son so he had no time to lose.

<That is not important right now, Lois. What do you know about that symbol and some old machinery?> Superman asked impatiently trying his best to not to yell in his mind but failing miserably.

<<You don't need to yell at me! I am as worried as you are! It's my son too you know!>> sounded back before he could react Lois continued, <<Metropolis Wild Horse was a company closed years ago for breaking the law for child labor, the owner was arrested and the factory closed down. They have a warehouse on the outskirt of town. Do you think they are being held there?>>

<I fly in that direction immediately, Lois, you stay there, alright!> Superman tried to sound stern towards his wife but he knew it was no use when she didn't answer anymore! He tried again, <Lo-is ?>

<<You know I am going to come anyway so why bother!>> voiced Lois through her mind in the direction of her husband. Superman sighed and flew to the old warehouse. There was no time to lose. If he knew his wife he would need to capture the bad guy before Lois would arrive. The only thing he needed to do now was calling the cops.

He looked through the roof and he was shocked with what he saw, Jason Trask had somehow survived when he was shot by Rachel Harris. He didn't recognize the other one immediately until he heard his voice. He needed to be careful because he knew Luthor was ruthless. So it thought it was best to call the cops before he would try to save his son and mother-in-law.

Lois startled when the phone rang, “Hello?”

“I have a message for Bill Henderson.” Sounded from the other side of the line. Lois turned around and gave the phone to the inspector.

“Henderson!” He said with a stern voice.

"Superman just called, he found the captors, one of them is already dead but the other one is none other than Lex Luthor. They are being held in a warehouse on the outskirts of town, the warehouse of Metropolis Wild horse." the officer said to his inspector.

“Luthor still alive?” Henderson asked shocked before continuing, “The Metropolis Wild Horse. I am on my way!” he said before giving the phone back to Lois.

“I am coming with you!” Lois said in such a way that Henderson knew that she wouldn't take no for an answer but he knew that Clark/Superman would have his hide if he knew he didn't try to keep her home.

“No you are not going with me, Lane!” he said quickly.

"Henderson is right, princess," Sam said coming to Henderson aid. He knew his daughters' stubbornness.

"I can choose, or I am coming with you or I go myself. I don't take no for an answer. That is my son and my mother out there." Lois said letting the people no that there was no room for negotiation.
"Alright," Henderson sighed, "but you stay out of our way." Lois just nodded. She didn't promise it though. She knew far too well that wasn't going to keep that promise.

Superman noticed the red and blue lights of the Metropolis police in the distance so help was on his way. It was time to save his son and Ellen. He pushed himself through the brick wall to end up in the room where Luthor held his hostages.

Ellen mumbled, she was trying to warn the man of steel but couldn't do it with all that fabric in her mouth. She shook her head violently. Superman didn't give any notice to this and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Luthor smiled evilly and clapped in his hands, "You never disappoint me, Superman. You always come to the rescue."

“Let them go, Luthor!” Superman said sternly. He never felt hate for anyone but the feeling Luthor gave him came pretty close.

“They can leave because I have what I wanted, you at my mercy!” Luthor laughed while he pointed a gun towards Superman's chest. Superman smiled, “You know I am not afraid of bullets, Luthor!”

"I know but don't underestimate me." Lex laughed viciously before pulling the trigger. The kryptonite bullet bored itself in Superman's shoulder. Superman fell down within pain. Luthor knelled beside his arch enemy, "I will take good care of Lois and your son Superman."

Ellen Lane looked shocked, "This was Superman's son?" She could only see how Luthor stood over Superman ready to take another deadly shot when the police burst through the hole Superman had made in the wall. Next, to the cops she heard a familiar voice, she runs towards Superman, "No!" She threw herself between her husband and the gun Luthor was aiming.
Ellen looked shocked at this, <What would Clark think about this. She needed to talk to her daughter about it. She should know better than to cheat on her husband like this>

“Lois, move aside!” Luthor yelled.

Lois shook her head.

"Lois, do... do what... he... says," Superman whispered in pain. He didn't even have the strength to push Lois of him.

Lois shook her head again, "No if you want to shoot him, you will have to shoot me too!"

“If that is what you want, you have always chosen him above me. Goodbye Superman or should I say Clark Kent.”

Ellen Lane gasped again, her son-in-law was the man of steel himself. She didn't have much time to think about it though.

"Put your gun down Luthor!" Henderson yelled with anger in his voice. Luthor didn't want to hear it and was about to pull the trigger when one of the cops' guns went off and hit Luthor in his head. This was the real ending of Lex Luthor, he never could have survived this shot but then again that is what they thought when he had jumped off his balcony the first time.

Lois didn't wait another minute and took a Swiss army knife out of her pocket. With quivering hands, she put the knife into Superman's bullet wound and pulled out a glowing green bullet. She gave the bullet to an officer, who removed it from Superman's side as quickly as possible. She helped him up before hugging her mother and taking her son in her hands. The family was all together again and this time with the knowledge that his parents-in-law knew about his second job, the fact that he moonlights in tights. The officers who had heard what Luthor had said all vowed to keep his secret and this out of respect for everything he had done for them.

The End

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *