Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've always thought that Jack knew more than what he let on. And it was weird that no one seemed to ever know about or mention the K-cage ever again.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
*Squeee* As great as I had hoped it would be. Jack is so awesome. I wish they had used him a bit more. I remember that at first I didn't like him but he definitely grew on me. I like him as much as Jimmy (second season and on), but for different reasons.
Anyway, I wonder what Dr. Klein thinks of the cage and what he's going to do with it. Sequel??? 😏
Well, thanks for writing this. Great reading during my lunch.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“Lois doesn’t know, does she?” Jack asked as realization hit him. His felt his eyes widen in surprise.

“No.”

“Because she’s smitten with Superman.” It wasn’t a question.
My favorite part.

I love how its so obvious to Jack. I also liked when Jack gave Clark a hard time for wanting Lois to love him instead of Superman. Classic.

And I love how it answers another question - Where was Jack in S2?

Excellent.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I always thought Jack had figured out that CK=S. Great story.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Blueowl
*Squeee* As great as I had hoped it would be. Jack is so awesome. I wish they had used him a bit more. I remember that at first I didn't like him but he definitely grew on me. I like him as much as Jimmy (second season and on), but for different reasons.
Anyway, I wonder what Dr. Klein thinks of the cage and what he's going to do with it. Sequel??? 😏
Well, thanks for writing this. Great reading during my lunch.

Thanks, Blue!

I wasn't a big fan of Jack when I was a kid watching the original airing, but as an adult, I enjoy the character and see a lot of untapped potential with the character. I wish he'd been around for a little longer, or at least given a proper send-off (a problem with Cat Grant too).

Dr. Klein is probably scratching his head going "what in the world?" laugh

But it would explain some of the K that STAR Labs has in their vault...that the Lakes stole later on.

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by JellyS2
“Lois doesn’t know, does she?” Jack asked as realization hit him. His felt his eyes widen in surprise.

“No.”

“Because she’s smitten with Superman.” It wasn’t a question.
My favorite part.

I love how its so obvious to Jack. I also liked when Jack gave Clark a hard time for wanting Lois to love him instead of Superman. Classic.

And I love how it answers another question - Where was Jack in S2?

Excellent.

Thanks for reading!

Jack is a very perceptive kid. He would have to be, to survive on the streets AND make sure his little brother did too. He's also got just the right amount of cheek to give Clark a hard time about being "insecure" - because of course he only partially understands the pressures of being Superman and wanting to be perceived in the right manner.

I DID try to tie up all the loose ends - where Jack disappeared to, why the cage was never mentioned ever again, why no one seemed to notice that Clark looked like death when he made it to the wedding, why no one noticed how long he was missing for.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
I always thought Jack had figured out that CK=S. Great story.

After the things he saw Clark do in Fly Hard, there's zero chance Jack didn't figure it out. smile

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a heart-warming story! And I like the way it ties up what happened to the cage and why Jack was mysteriously missing when the next season started

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I always liked Jack and thought that he'd figured out Clark was Superman as well. I like the send off you've given Jack that we didn't really get on the show.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love it! As far as I'm concerned, this is now canon. laugh

~•~
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I loved it. I too am convinced that Jack figured it out in that episode where they were held as hostages.

Keep writing for this fandom :-)

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Stories like this just keep me coming back for more. Thanks so much for a real treat!

The next morning dawned bright and warm. Small, puffy clouds drifted lazily through the clear blue sky. It was perfectly picturesque, Jack thought to himself as he sifted through the last bit of evidence that Perry, Jimmy, Clark, and he himself had complied against Lex Luthor. It was clear now that Luthor actually was The Boss, responsible for most of the city’s organized crime. Not only that, but there was also no mistaking the fact that Luthor had ordered the bomb strike on The Daily Planet, framing Jack for it probably because he was an easy target – a troubled young street kid that few people would go out of their way to believe or defend.

See, Jack isn't just a street kid, the guy appreciates a lovely day and he's an ace researcher. Acquiring this skill is definitely going to be of assistance to him in the future. Like say, college? With this new-found determination, our young Jack can move beyond the past and into a very bright future.

He looks like Hell, Jack thought as his stomach lurched and a chill ran down his spine.

It was true. Clark was deathly pale looking; the eternal, natural tan to his skin had gone ashen. His breathing was labored and his movements were stiff, uncertain, and slow. His features were pinched tight, like he was sick or suffering in excruciating pain. His normally bright eyes were dull and almost unfocused looking. Jack could swear he’d seen a limp in Clark’s stride too.

What had happened in the hours between when Clark had left his apartment and now?

Jack didn’t know, but Clark’s condition scared him.

Okay it doesn't take a genius to recognize Clark health has taken a beating, especially since a man like him is usually the picture of health. Nonetheless in the wake of Luthor's suicide it is unlikely anyone would take notice. But Jack did. He is truly concerned about his friend/brother/mentor.

“I got myself into a little scrape, nothing to worry about,” Clark answered, involuntarily flinching, pulling his hands away again, hiding the marks on his palms as though ashamed.

“Bull,” Jack challenged, feeling brave. “Superman doesn’t get into scrapes.”

What little remaining color had been in Clark’s face drained away as he fought to keep a neutral expression. For a split-second, Jack felt guilty that he’d phrased it that way. But he was worried sick about his friend and he had no patience for dancing around and mincing words with a man who looked like death warmed over. If ever there has been a time to lay all his cards on the table, Jack figured it was now.

Forget it Clark. You are not going to bluff your way out of this one.

Clark went to protest but another, stronger yawn took him, leaving him powerless to speak until it passed. “Maybe a quick shower instead, before I call Lois,” he decided. “Don’t. Leave,” he instructed, wagging his finger at Jack.

Jack made a shooing motion with his right hand. “Go on. Wash the stench of Luthor’s arrogance off you,” he teased.

Clark nodded and stood up with a groan. His hands immediately went to his lower back as he shuffled off to grab some clean clothing from his bedroom before limping down to the bathroom. As soon as Jack heard the water in the shower turn on, he slipped out of the apartment.

“Sorry, Clark,” he whispered as he sauntered down the street a minute later. “But I need to do this for you.”

Observant. Smart. Loyal. At the risk of facing a jail sentence he is willing to get rid of that damnable cage. That's what friends do.

“Montre…aw, man,” Jack said in a daze.

It's okay Jack. A fresh start is just what you and Denny need.

DC, excellent explanations all around! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Love this story! You've solidified Jack as intelligent, thoughtful and a hero in his own right. I love how many heroes there are in LnC fan fiction. Some are quiet, unassuming like Clark and others more splashy like Superman. And now your Jack has stepped into being a hero, working from the shadows and underground Metropolis, turning skills as a thief and his connections into a good deed. Could this be a harbinger of Jack's future? clap

And he definitely needs a new start far far away from Metropolis. thumbsup

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
What a heart-warming story! And I like the way it ties up what happened to the cage and why Jack was mysteriously missing when the next season started

Thanks, E! Glad you enjoyed it. Poor Jack never got a proper send off in canon, I hope this did him justice!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
I always liked Jack and thought that he'd figured out Clark was Superman as well. I like the send off you've given Jack that we didn't really get on the show.

Thanks so much! Even as a kid, it was blaringly obvious to me that Jack totally had Clark figured out.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I love it! As far as I'm concerned, this is now canon. laugh

Wow! That is some high praise indeed! Thank you! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
I loved it. I too am convinced that Jack figured it out in that episode where they were held as hostages.

Keep writing for this fandom :-)

Thank you! I agree! If Jack didn't suspect in Foundling with the globe stuff, he HAD to have known by the end of Fly Hard. Plus, some of the things he says and looks he gives Clark nail the fact that he knows.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana!

Glad you enjoyed the story! I also love little looks into the characters like this, especially when it gives us something the show wasn't able to, due to time restrictions and random studio shakeups/decisions not to keep characters around.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Love this story! You've solidified Jack as intelligent, thoughtful and a hero in his own right. I love how many heroes there are in LnC fan fiction. Some are quiet, unassuming like Clark and others more splashy like Superman. And now your Jack has stepped into being a hero, working from the shadows and underground Metropolis, turning skills as a thief and his connections into a good deed. Could this be a harbinger of Jack's future? clap

And he definitely needs a new start far far away from Metropolis. thumbsup

Thanks for the high praise! Glad you enjoyed the story. I'm sure Jack went on to do some amazing things in his own right. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Ugh, this was flawless! Per usual clap Well done, Vicki! clap

Your characterization of Jack was well-rounded and magnificent. I love the amount of attention to detail you have in here. That Jack noticed Clark was missing, that he noticed Perry not-so-subtly not-noticing, that he watched Lois' reaction as she searched out Clark... But even you adding in the details about Jack going to live with his aunt. I know he was written out a little hastily in the show, but I never even considered it being a protection for his reputation to leave Metropolis. Very clever!

And of course, I felt every ounce of Jack's worry and Clark's pain bleeding through the screen. I would love to see more stories including Jack in the future, whether in this same vein is up to you. But all in all, phenomenal job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard