Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Complete Story

I enjoy creating back stories for minor characters in the series, so this challenge was right up my alley. Enjoy! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
A glorious but unfortunately, all too often, true story. However this situation could at least get a search warrant for the Lake's houses to see if all of their 'treasures' actually belonged to them. I suspect a number of the objects would end up having been stolen and probably from some people/institutions with deep pockets also which could make the ensuing court battles interesting for the Lakes.

And I loved the comment about toilet facilities as it does bring home continuity issues of many of the episodes.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Excellent (though infuriating) story! My teeth were grinding at Amber's attitude the whole way through mad

Thanks for writing, Groobie!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that was actually difficult to read because it happens all too often in real life (which means you did an excellent job). I want nothing more than to punch Amber in her smug face. However, with her free (for the time being, and I agree with Mike that the Lakes probably have a fair amount of...questionably acquired items in their collection) this could well lend itself to a sequel in which the Lakes push their luck and go after Lois and Superman again. Maybe they DO leak part/all of the private conversation, or at least threaten to.

Excellent story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Mike M
I suspect a number of the objects would end up having been stolen

LOL...surely not! The Lakes are fine, upstanding people. I'm sure all of the paperwork is in order for the Venus de Milo's arms. rotflol

Glad to hear I got Amber's voice right. The fact that she irritated you all means I succeeded. grin Thanks for the comments!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Urgh! This introspective of Amber's is so sad but true.

Okay so maybe the paperwork is in order for the statue's arms, but I have little doubt there will be other folks howling for the Lakes' to do community service of some kind.

Somehow I can't imagine Lois and Clark sitting by allowing those two to get away with theft and kidnapping. Anybody remember a guy named Lex Luthor? What happened to him when he tangled with those two?

There are other forms of justice. I wonder if Jor-El would take umbrage to his first-born son bring used as an exhibit? evil

Anyhow, that's my two-cents. Great work Groobie!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/01/19 02:38 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard