Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for continuing to read! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Leave it to Lois to denigrate snow.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I’m loving this story. Great how Clark’s true nature is beginning to shine through. The realization that he loved Lois was nicely handled and the fact that Bruce already knew. Looking forward to where the story goes next. Sure there will be a confrontation between lex and Clark and a Bruce/Clark teamup nefore it ends. Thanks for writing.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SJH
Leave it to Lois to denigrate snow.

Which, of course, allows for more of the Clark we know and love to shine through when he defends it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by AndyG
I’m loving this story. Great how Clark’s true nature is beginning to shine through. The realization that he loved Lois was nicely handled and the fact that Bruce already knew. Looking forward to where the story goes next. Sure there will be a confrontation between lex and Clark and a Bruce/Clark teamup nefore it ends. Thanks for writing.

Thank you! It was fun to allow cracks in this Clark's personality to bring him closer and closer to the one we really know. Giving him the slow realization that he loves Lois was fun, and it was funny to me to slap him with the "Duh, it's so obvious!" reaction from Bruce.

Lots more to do before the end of the story. Lots more developments to come for Clark.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Normally, I don't read stories like this until they're complete. This one has me hooked, and I'm enjoying it. Delightful chapter with so much going on.

I love how you contrasted Lois's grumpiness with Clark's child-like enjoyment of snow.

The Clark we know is peeking through. It's interesting to see how you haven't yet given him a total turn around, which makes perfect sense. The dynamics of the relationships of the three of them are interesting to watch. Clark seems conflicted in multiple areas, and I'm enjoying seeing his different reactions to similar conversations with Lois and Bruce.

I forgot to mention in Chapter 14's comments how much I enjoyed seeing how far Clark had come with his initial reaction to not finding anything sharp in the apartment. A 180 from how he likely would have reacted when first captured. He may not yet admit it to himself, but he's not looking very hard to escape. It will be interesting to see what other promises he makes, and if he can keep them as well as he did in this chapter. That part of not being a liar is part of Clark, and I'm glad this Clark didn't need Martha and Jonathan for that lesson. Perhaps it was the one thing he could control in his previous life under Lex.

"Well written!" seems so inadequate. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Normally, I don't read stories like this until they're complete. This one has me hooked, and I'm enjoying it. Delightful chapter with so much going on.

I love how you contrasted Lois's grumpiness with Clark's child-like enjoyment of snow.

The Clark we know is peeking through. It's interesting to see how you haven't yet given him a total turn around, which makes perfect sense. The dynamics of the relationships of the three of them are interesting to watch. Clark seems conflicted in multiple areas, and I'm enjoying seeing his different reactions to similar conversations with Lois and Bruce.

I forgot to mention in Chapter 14's comments how much I enjoyed seeing how far Clark had come with his initial reaction to not finding anything sharp in the apartment. A 180 from how he likely would have reacted when first captured. He may not yet admit it to himself, but he's not looking very hard to escape. It will be interesting to see what other promises he makes, and if he can keep them as well as he did in this chapter. That part of not being a liar is part of Clark, and I'm glad this Clark didn't need Martha and Jonathan for that lesson. Perhaps it was the one thing he could control in his previous life under Lex.

"Well written!" seems so inadequate. clap

Wow, thanks, Cuidadora!

Glad you're enjoying Clark's slow progression to humanity. And I'm flattered you chose to read this one as it develops. I wouldn't have blamed you at all for waiting, for the record.

Letting Clark become more and more like the one we know and love was a lot of fun. Letting Lois be grumpy just let him have the opportunity to shine with his newly-found (if limited) optimism. Of course, he can't be fully transformed yet. After 28 years of living under Lex's tyranny, Clark would be set in his ways and even afraid to turn his life around too quickly. It's kind of a miracle he's able to change at all.

After writing a brother-bond between Bruce and Clark in my recent Batman trilogy, it was an absolute blast to write those two at such extreme odds.

I think he's a bit torn on escaping. He wants to be safe but he doesn't want to lose his only connection to Lois. Plus, there may be some Stockholm Syndrome too - the idea of being on his own would be kind of scary after being held a prisoner all his life.

Thanks again for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard