Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What's this? Something WAFFy coming from the muse who recently made Clark a murderer? jawdrop

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
clap Loved it! Your Muse took up the gauntlet brilliantly!

The characterization was truly great, the many lovely touches paved the way to the Second Season, and your use of "rubber duckies" made me burst out laughing.

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful tale! A missing scene, setting up the changes for the beginning of Season 2 beautifully! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
Still, a part of him was surprised she wasn’t raging the way she typically did when she was upset.
LOIS: [Linked Image] This could have been my Kerth. Maybe even a Pulitzer. Lex Luthor – Criminal Overlord! But noooo, I just have to try and *marry* him. [Linked Image] Men! Who needs them anyway. I’m better off without them.

“I’m here for you, whatever you need,” he promised her.
LOIS: /looks up/ Could you ask Superman to come?

studying him for a sold half a minute
[Linked Image] ‘solid’

Clark shook his head. “We both made missteps. We both fell down because of them. But after the fall, we rise up, smarter and stronger than before, right?”
/points out title/

Would you stay for a while?”
Guess it’s a good thing it’s still early in the day. Otherwise, she’d be asking him to stay the night. Also, why didn’t the police keep her longer? They must have had a ton of questions for the Bride of the Underworld.

I’ll run down to the store and pick up as much ice cream as your freezer can hold and some movie rentals.”
For a moment I thought he’d be renting an extra freezer.

“Ugh, I need to get out of this thing.”
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Why don’t I run you a hot bath? You can relax and get changed while I’m out.”
So, feeding her ice cream while she’s soaking in a bubble bath? Good thing he can’t peek while he is out, though.

God, how it burned his tongue to use the word ‘fiancé’ in reference to Luthor!
Like sucking a Kryptonite drop, huh ?

“You know, this’ll be the first night in two or three days that we’ll have a proper meal. I don’t know the story behind this dress and I don’t want to know. But…thank you.”
clap

He lingered in the video rental store as long as he could, choosing six of Lois’ favorite, non-romantic movies and poring over the snacks.
Darn it, I know some of the release dates are wrong but still…
The Runaway Bride
Much Ado About Nothing
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Bonnie And Clyde
Pretty Woman
Darn it, I can’t find a sixth one to match the theme right now.

He needed to let the man know that Lois would probably be staying in her place after all, unless she decided that she needed a fresh start in a new place.
Gotham. She’s moving to Gotham, getting a bleach and a new byline before trying to get the exclusive on a *safe* billionaire.

The deadline for her to move out was quickly approaching, and the last thing Lois needed was to deal with details like her lease.
Not thinking forward. If Lois had to move out, he could offer her a place to stay.

He found the landlord at home, quickly and vaguely explained the situation, and was satisfied when the man agreed to talk to Lois the following week about the lease.
She left her fiancé at the altar and the poor guy was so distraught that he threw himself off his building. Lois will need her place a bit longer.

But now, she was choosing to let him see her in her pajamas. She was choosing to let him see her in an oddly vulnerable state of being.
Awwww…
LOIS: They’re flannel!

He smiled. “Well, maybe not the exact same kind, but something similar. I’m not sure they make that print in men’s fashion.” He pointed to her shirt.
Small S-Shields.

He was teasing her, but he couldn’t help but fall head over heels for her all over again as she sat there in sky blue pajamas printed with white soap bubbles and rubber ducks all over the drawstring pants and button down top.
clap

“Too bad. You’d probably look good in a rubber duck print,” she offered with a suppressed laugh.
Can you imagine Superman with a rubber duck shield instead of the El-crest
LOIS: Duckman!

And he sent up a silent prayer of thanks that, even if Lois never chose to see him as more than a friend, she’d chosen to keep him in her life after all the things he’d done wrong.
Can you imagine if Lois actually never went beyond ‘friend Clark’?

Yes, very waffy indeed!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi DC,

Coming out of lurkerdom for a few moments. (My classes officially start on Monday, so I am taking a few minutes breather before things get super busy.)

I enjoyed your short story. I think we might have a body swap, though -- or, at least, a muse swap, since my story with the same name is an extremely dark one -- and it was one of my rare two-parters, to boot.. Who'da thunk?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
clap Loved it! Your Muse took up the gauntlet brilliantly!

The characterization was truly great, the many lovely touches paved the way to the Second Season, and your use of "rubber duckies" made me burst out laughing.

Thanks, Mille! I thought it would be a fun "missing scene" to play with. And I actually DID own those PJs in college. smile Thanks so much for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a delightful tale! A missing scene, setting up the changes for the beginning of Season 2 beautifully! clap

Thanks so much! I thought it would be fun to play with what happened after the wedding. If ever there was a need for a hot bath and rubber duckies of any kind, it was then! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! wave

LOIS: This could have been my Kerth. Maybe even a Pulitzer. Lex Luthor – Criminal Overlord! But noooo, I just have to try and *marry* him. Men! Who needs them anyway. I’m better off without them.

Also Lois: *sees Superman fly by, drools*

LOIS: /looks up/ Could you ask Superman to come?

Clark: *perks up* You mean like for a three...oh, never mind. *sulks*

‘solid’

Gah! I missed it twice during editing too! *gets Clark to edit her copy*

Guess it’s a good thing it’s still early in the day. Otherwise, she’d be asking him to stay the night. Also, why didn’t the police keep her longer? They must have had a ton of questions for the Bride of the Underworld.

I was actually envisioning late afternoon, Clark's had a little recovery time but not enough.

Henderson: We tried questioning her, but she growled at my officers and we were afraid she might literally tear someone's throat out with her teeth.

For a moment I thought he’d be renting an extra freezer.

Lois: Can I still get in on THAT action?

So, feeding her ice cream while she’s soaking in a bubble bath? Good thing he can’t peek while he is out, though.

Clark: (through gritted teeth) You can't IMAGINE the will power this is taking me.

Like sucking a Kryptonite drop, huh ?

Zara: Ooh, can I have some of those to feed my "husband to be if Kal doesn't work out?" I'd like to avoid Earth completely.

Darn it, I know some of the release dates are wrong but still…
The Runaway Bride
Much Ado About Nothing
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Bonnie And Clyde
Pretty Woman
Darn it, I can’t find a sixth one to match the theme right now.

It took everything I had not to make the movie Spaceballs, which also features a runaway bride... devil

Gotham. She’s moving to Gotham, getting a bleach and a new byline before trying to get the exclusive on a *safe* billionaire.

Batman: Superman's girlfriend? I'm smart, not suicidal. No thanks.

Not thinking forward. If Lois had to move out, he could offer her a place to stay.

Clark: wallbash

Awwww…
LOIS: They’re flannel!

Clark: But flannel is so...soft....

Small S-Shields.

I have ones that resemble that!

Can you imagine Superman with a rubber duck shield instead of the El-crest
LOIS: Duckman!
Superman: Being a hero isn't all it's quacked up to be sometimes...

Can you imagine if Lois actually never went beyond ‘friend Clark’?

Yes, very waffy indeed!

Arctic critter: Oh FFS, he's back to take ANOTHER dip in the glacier water!

Thanks, Michael! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi DC,

Coming out of lurkerdom for a few moments. (My classes officially start on Monday, so I am taking a few minutes breather before things get super busy.)

I enjoyed your short story. I think we might have a body swap, though -- or, at least, a muse swap, since my story with the same name is an extremely dark one -- and it was one of my rare two-parters, to boot.. Who'da thunk?

Joy,
Lynn

Thanks, Lynn! A dark fic from you sounds intriguing! I'll have to check it out one of these nights after the kids are asleep! It was almost weird writing WAFF with the amount of dark stuff I've written in the last year or two. Haha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
I enjoyed your story. clap We saw Lois and Clark embrace when Lex fell. It's nice to think that Lois and Clark continued the healing process together. I'm sure that snuggling on Lois' couch here explains why they so often end up snuggling on Clark's couch in later seasons. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
LOIS: This could have been my Kerth. Maybe even a Pulitzer. Lex Luthor – Criminal Overlord! But noooo, I just have to try and *marry* him. Men! Who needs them anyway. I’m better off without them.

Also Lois: *sees Superman fly by, drools*
rotflol
LOIS: What? WHAT?

Clark: *perks up* You mean like for a three...oh, never mind. *sulks*
shock laugh Somebody’s been to the dark archives, huh? /points at Mxysplit/

Gah! I missed it twice during editing too!
You’re welcome! It’s funny how there’s always at least one word you miss, no matter the times you check a fic…

Henderson: We tried questioning her, but she growled at my officers and we were afraid she might literally tear someone's throat out with her teeth.
rotflol

Clark: (through gritted teeth) You can't IMAGINE the will power this is taking me.
So, extra incentive to get his powers back quickly?

Zara: Ooh, can I have some of those to feed my "husband to be if Kal doesn't work out?" I'd like to avoid Earth completely.
laugh

It took everything I had not to make the movie Spaceballs, which also features a runaway bride...
Darn it!

Clark: But flannel is so...soft....
Aaaaaaand your point being?

Superman: Being a hero isn't all it's quacked up to be sometimes...
clap

Arctic critter: Oh FFS, he's back to take ANOTHER dip in the glacier water!
And after they spent so much time trying to prove Superman *wasn’t* causing global warming.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Somebody’s been to the dark archives, huh? /points at Mxysplit/

Tempus: And suddenly the Boy Scout got mildly interesting!

You’re welcome! It’s funny how there’s always at least one word you miss, no matter the times you check a fic…

Always! wallbash

Aaaaaaand your point being?

Clark: And the better for....snuggling. Yeah. That's it. Snuggling innocently. *shifty eyes*

And after they spent so much time trying to prove Superman *wasn’t* causing global warming.

Superman: I'll just call a press conference and cite fake news. huh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful story Vicki.

Clark despite everything stepped in and made sure Lois was taken care of in her time of need. I loved seeing Lois apologize for not listening to Clark and giving both of them that much-needed closure after the painful ordeal Lex Luthor put them both through. Nice touch with Lois giving Clark the key to her apartment again at the end.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Beautiful story Vicki.

Clark despite everything stepped in and made sure Lois was taken care of in her time of need. I loved seeing Lois apologize for not listening to Clark and giving both of them that much-needed closure after the painful ordeal Lex Luthor put them both through. Nice touch with Lois giving Clark the key to her apartment again at the end.

Thanks, Val! They seemed pretty comfortable at the start of Season 2, despite the rift during the wedding lead-up, so it makes sense they would have been around each other while the Planet was being rebuilt. And Clark's Clark so, of course he'd be there to catch Lois when she needed it most.

I loved the idea about the key when it zipped into my head. Because of course Lois would be vindictive enough to demand it back when Clark refused to stop hating the idea of her marrying Lex.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Later, as they sat together on the couch watching Lethal Weapon, he felt Lois snuggle into his side and drift off to sleep. And he sent up a silent prayer of thanks that, even if Lois never chose to see him as more than a friend, she’d chosen to keep him in her life after all the things he’d done wrong.

Powerful. This is the scene that should have been on the show. Lois and Clark needed to have an honest discussion about each other after the wedding-that-was-not. Burning the dress? Wow! I always wondered what happened to that overdone garment. Its not the way I would do it, but I can understand her not wanting to have that thing around, especially with all of its unhappy memories associated with it.

Last edited by Morgana; 01/21/19 09:29 AM. Reason: edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Later, as they sat together on the couch watching Lethal Weapon, he felt Lois snuggle into his side and drift off to sleep. And he sent up a silent prayer of thanks that, even if Lois never chose to see him as more than a friend, she’d chosen to keep him in her life after all the things he’d done wrong.

Powerful. This is the scene that should have been on the show. Lois and Clark needed to have an honest discussion about each other after the wedding-that-was-not. Burning the dress? Wow! I always wondered what happened to that overdone garment. Its not the way I would do it, but I can understand her not wanting to have that thing around, especially with all of its unhappy memories associated with it.

Aww, thanks for the high praise! I wish we could have seen a little more of the healing process between them. But that's what fan fic is for! I did consider other options for the dress, but none felt quite as final and satisfying. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard