Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Jealousy in her Heart

When I saw the words in the prompt, I challenged myself to use them in atypical ways. It was written with no beta and a short time frame, but it made me happy to dip my toes back into the L&C universe. Enjoy! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Loved this little story. it would fit nicely in the actual episode

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Groobie! wave

Lois rolled her eyes. “What do women want? Men have been asking that question since the Wife of Bath told her tale.” She put her hands to her hips. “That woman wants riches, flattery, and fame.”

What a cool crossover! Lois and Clark meets The Canterbury Tales! Toni Taylor perfectly fits that description, her brother refused to listen to her plans for bringing the family 'business' into legitimate deals, thus denying her power. Pity she ran afoul of Lex Luthor, Toni would have been a much better choice of a female master criminal than Mindy Church.

“Your girlfriend can take care of herself,” Lois chided. “I’m going to try and find Superman…somewhere. You go warn the police. Metropolis is about to burn.” Clark nodded quickly and then took off running down the block and around the corner.

‘Metropolis will burn,’ Lois thought as she watched Clark run away. Just like the jealousy in her heart.

Ah, Mr. Kent, the lady is really serious ... be careful!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I really enjoyed this. I love jealous Lois.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Susan!
Toni Taylor ever since the suspiciously blonde wench
suspiciously blonde — nice one!

had oozed her way out of Clark Kent’s apartment. Tracking Toni had inevitably led her to the Riverview District and into a position to observe Toni’s meeting with the Toasters.
So, basically, half the stories Lois or Clark get are because they are jealous of the other’s dealings with the opposite sex. Lois and Toni. Lois and Antoinette. Lois and Linda. Clark and Lex.

“I followed you,” he whispered before nodding his head in Toni’s direction, “while you followed her.” Clark observed Toni
She sure maintains a double standard, huh?
LOIS: There is no double standard. There’s the things Clark’s allowed to do and there’s the way I do things. Not a double standard.

Wife of Bath
clap

“And presumably since she showed up unannounced at your doorstep in the middle of the night, sexual pleasure.”
So, Lois acknowledges that Clark can provide sexually pleasing services to a woman? Maybe she has even thought about said service providing for herself?

Clark blushed. “That’s never going to happen.”

“Not if I can help it,” Lois muttered.
rotflol

“Cross that deadline and see what happens,”
rotflol She’s going to literally dead here, I’m assuming.

rubber.

“Duck!”
Now that’s cheating!
LOIS: It’s a perfectly valid use of the words ‘rubber duck’.
JIMMY: Yes, text search would find that passage when searching for the phrase ‘rubber duck’.

He yanked Lois away from the piled crates, tucking her into his arms as they dashed behind a large cardboard box.
I think he crossed a line there.

Lois felt a frisson of anger well inside her: at Clark for ignoring her pointed warning
See?

and at herself for failing to hear him following her so closely.
No, he didn’t follow her until she stumbled.

‘Metropolis will burn,’ Lois thought as she watched Clark run away. Just like the jealousy in her heart.
Awww, poor girl. Still several months away from being able to encourage Clark to…help her to properly deal with her feelings.

clap You used those prompts quite aptly!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol I simply adore when you cheat!

... But in her haste, she tripped over a hose made of rubber.
“Duck!” Clark warned with an urgent hush...

What a great story! As always, the characters are spot on, the storyline is clever, the style is polished and the sparks fly between our beloved characters. What a treat!

Sentences like
the suspiciously blonde wench had oozed her way out of Clark Kent’s apartment
make my toes wriggle with pleasure.

groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Awwww, thanks everyone for the kind words. blush I maintain that I didn't cheat, I just engaged in creativity. lol But then again, I wouldn't have challenged Lois on the word "chumpy." rotflol

Susan, whose only skirts she owns are the ones on the edges wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Groobie!

I know I'm late on the FDK. Sorry been a crazy few weeks. I love your creative use of the words. This is a beautiful and insightful look into Lois' inner thoughts and musings regarding Clark early in their partnership. It would have been an interesting turn of events if Clark had been more intuitive and followed Lois following Toni. lol

Thanks for the read. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard