Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
All right. This is it people! For those of you still reading and enjoying, thank you so much! This last section I split for a specific reason, and that reason is spoilers. goofy So please, any and all comments for Act 5: All's Hell That Ends Well, please place here. And enjoy, most importantly!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 11/26/18 06:57 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I am enjoying this story very much, I like a Clark with an edge, being a dangerous person

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
I am enjoying this story very much, I like a Clark with an edge, being a dangerous person

Thanks so much! It's been a ton of fun playing with Bad Boy Clark.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
*laughs maniacally in the corner and then hides to wait out the reactions and potential flames*

peep

Without further ado, here's Chapter 62 !

This has been a long time in progress, and I'm so happy to finally have reached this reveal. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. An if not, here's a spot for tomatoes.

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
**screams out loud**

FINALLY! Yes, Ultraman! Yes, Earth 3! FINALLY!!!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Oh my!!!! Earth 3 Ultraman/Clark. And I didn't even pick up on it!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
**screams out loud**

FINALLY! Yes, Ultraman! Yes, Earth 3! FINALLY!!!

Hehehe, yes! You can finally talk! dance

Thanks for helping me out with this reveal so much. Honestly without you, this story would not be what it is right now. It probably also would have never been finished. goofy

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Christina
Oh my!!!! Earth 3 Ultraman/Clark. And I didn't even pick up on it!

laugh devil

I used the devil emoji a lot...

Glad it came up as a surprise! It was a lot of fun (and again, super props to Val for helping me with that...) I'm honestly shocked that nobody picked up on it throughout. I had to remove something like 280 mentions of Superman/Ultraman in order to keep the surprise under wraps, and a lot of the replacements were a bit clunky sometimes haha...

But it's been so much fun to write! The idea originally was to show an anti-universe of our standard Lois and Clark one, and since the multiverse was established in show, it eventually developed into an origin story for earth 3. There will be a sequel (long ways out) but it was just so much fun to slowly twist these characters into their earth 3 counterparts.

Glad you enjoyed!

--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*runs off to google to find out who that is*

OMG! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I have a sudden urge to re-read the whole thing and look for all the places where you dodged naming him or describing his emblem LOL

Great reveal, Mouse! Well done!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Endelda
*runs off to google to find out who that is*
lol devil yeah I kept it pretty vague. I didn't want any previous imaginings of the characters to color your opinions of these characters. I wanted to make a world where Lois and Clark's universe was melded with this one. It was a blast taking some of the tenets of the earth 3 characters and twisting and applying them. It made this whole thing come together nicely. Lois is selfish and broken, Clark is always fighting for control, Lex is right but going about things wrong... It was fun to pick and choose. You'll see a little more in next week's chapters.

Quick breakdown, for those who maybe don't know: Earth 3 is part of the multiverse where the heroes are actually villains.

OMG! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I have a sudden urge to re-read the whole thing and look for all the places where you dodged naming him or describing his emblem LOL

Great reveal, Mouse! Well done!

Thanks! Also, I was sure someone would catch on when I had Miranda call him "honey buns of steel" lol or used Big Blue a bunch of times. goofy it was a challenge at times haha.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Good morning and happy Monday! Chapter 63 is up and ready to read! Thanks to those of you who've stayed with me on this crazy ride!

I'm planning on posting the last two chapters this week. So most likely, it'll be late Tuesday/early Wednesday for 64, and Friday ish for 65 (aka the epilogue). And then that's it (for now)!

--Mark Twain
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I hope your muse will give you stuff like this for another story. I loved this one

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
I hope your muse will give you stuff like this for another story. I loved this one

Thank you! So far the muse is cooperating. It'll probably be a while before it's done, but a sequel is in the works. Glad you're enjoying it!

Chapter 64 is up now and ready to read! Apologies for the delay, RL got chaotic this week.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And that's all, folcs! Epilogue and all!

This has been a long, fun ride for me. I hope you've all enjoyed it too. It was a blast to write, and a blast to plot. I love making the Lois and Clark universe dark enough to twist it into Earth 3 levels- and there's still a long way to go. I am slowly but surely working on a sequel, but it'll be a ways off from now before anything is postable. I'll be brainstorming and writing in the meantime.

Thanks again for reading! Any last comments go here!

--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woohoo, that was AMAZING! Thank you for this altWorld, I enjoyed every minute and can't wait to see what you have in store for the next one!

All the little jabs and pokes and cuts and twists that turned our beloved twosome into these darker counterparts were delicious!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I've been waiting since you posted the first chapter to read this, and I have to say it didn't disappoint at all. I noticed all through the story you never said his name or did much to describe the suit except that it was blue and red. I loved how Lois and Clark both found each other and redeemed each other as the story progressed. And it was interesting to watch Lex melt down and become closer to the evil one we all know so well.

As to Earth 3, I'm not sure where you're getting that, I thought it was Earth 2 (referencing the comic and animated movie by those names). Hmm, I just looked it up in The Multiversity Maps and Guidebook and I guess they changed it to make room for the New 52 Earth 2...that makes sense.

Anyway, it was a great story, well paced, interesting to read. I don't often go for anti-heroes, but given that I love Clark and Lois so much, I was hoping that they would redeem themselves in the end. Which they did. Mostly. That bit about unfinished business in the epilogue was interesting. And there's several loose threads: his "friend" with the globe, the guy from the docks that knows his name, the new head of Bureau 39. I very much look forward to the hypothetical sequel! Good job, mouserocks, thanks so much for sharing with us!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard