Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282293 10/21/18 10:39 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yay, we've made it to the end of season 3 -- only one more season to go!

So, I've always had a soft spot for Dr. Klein, which means it was nice to finally get to see through his eyes. Clark is always a favorite, and I finally got to sneak in another Jonathan chapter -- though with him, I cheated a bit and snuck in a few more quotes. Ah well.

Hope you enjoy!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Can I admit that every time Bernie called Superman a "poor little guy" I laughed HARD? Because I did. It was just so awesome! But poor Bernie - all that pressure on his shoulders. It's enough to make weaker men crack and run away.

Interesting take on the beginning of the NK arc! I like that you choose to start the focus on Clark's life, rather than finding out that others like him are out there. I love that the focus isn't on the horrific tests Ching subjects him to. It's the calm before the storm, and it makes it SO poignant.

Going to Jonathan's viewpoint...wow! That one hurt! In a good way. It got me right in the guts, feeling how much it hurts to see him watching his son go off to war on a planet that isn't his, for a people who aren't really his own, with no guarantee that even if he isn't killed there, he still may never come home. I think it's the easy thing, to explore Lois and/or Clark's thoughts during those final moments. Seeing it from the parental view - WOW!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Aww, thanks, DC -- having Klein refer to Superman as 'little' was the funnest thing about that quotable! It made me chuckle quite a bit, too, mainly because I could hear the phrase in his voice!

Poor Clark. It's always when things are going well for him that something happens to totally derail him. I've always loved that scene where he's looking for that fishing lure but just stops to look at her. Tiny moments like that are, I believe, the reason this show has endured so long.

It was hard to do Jonathan's goodbye, but I love the line where they say they've never been asked to send a child to war -- because for one thing, they kind of do, every time they send Superman off to save the world, but in another way, they're right. Sending Clark off to battle, unprotected and without his powers, is a different kind of pain and bravery. I had a lot of thoughts all trying to come out there and wasn't sure any of them came through, so I'm glad it worked for you!

Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard