Next Thread
Print Thread
#282056 09/28/18 09:39 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
This story is in response to the Weather, Weather, Weather challenge.

Short and not-so-sweet. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

As always, all feedback gratefully accepted. (But no rotten tomatoes, please... although, frankly, I deserve them for this one. peep )

Joy,
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 09/28/18 09:41 PM.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ohhhh that is so deliciously evil, and yet, I can just imagine an elseworld or twelve springing out of it (aside from the obvious downer one).

Maybe baby Clark survives in his ship for however long, only to be found by someone else who didn't even have the luxury of associating his existence with any sky-related activity; maybe he's found right away, or maybe he's malnourished from being left for so long and has a couple of lasting effects from that as he grows...Maybe he spends years wondering who left him, not even realizing he's from space...oh, this has so much potential! laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that was a very different scenario! shock Poor Clark.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh no! Poor baby Clark! I wonder what will become of him now.

Very evil story - love it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie. I love your speculations. And if a story I write can both stand by itself and also leave the reader speculating on what might happen next, I feel that my my mission has been accomplished. smile

Morgana, poor Clark, indeed. Let's hope he wasn't found and raised by Lionel Luthor. shock

Deadly Chakram, perhaps the Langs found him? Or, for a more evil twist, there's always Trask...

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lynn,

clap Great take on this challenge! What a predicament you've created for our dear Clark. So the question let to ponder is what will happen to Clark? I feel this could definitely inspire an AU for anyone willing to take a stab at it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi, Folc4evernaday. "What if Clark were raised by someone else?" has actually been the premise for several DC Comics Elseworlds stories, among them "Red Son", "Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Superman", "Superman: Speeding Bullets", and "The Nail". About the only thing they all have in common is that they all illustrate just how important Martha and Jonathan were in Clark's development.

But there are still plenty of story possibilities left, and I would love to read any sequels that anyone would care to write.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi Queenie. I love your speculations. And if a story I write can both stand by itself and also leave the reader speculating on what might happen next, I feel that my my mission has been accomplished. smile

Morgana, poor Clark, indeed. Let's hope he wasn't found and raised by Lionel Luthor. :shudder:

Deadly Chakram, perhaps the Langs found him? Or, for a more evil twist, there's always Trask...

Joy,
Lynn

Lynn, I'm actually working on an epic length AU where Clark was not found by the Kents.

I've done one already with Trask Sr. But this one will be *very* different in tone.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi DC,

I'm intrigued. Unfortunately, anything epic length will have to wait until I retire (which, if all goes well, will be at the end of next year). Until then, I have to stick with shorts and super shorts. (Hmmm... Why does that phrasing suddenly bring red trunks to mind? wink )

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi DC,

I'm intrigued. Unfortunately, anything epic length will have to wait until I retire (which, if all goes well, will be at the end of next year). Until then, I have to stick with shorts and super shorts. (Hmmm... Why does that phrasing suddenly bring red trunks to mind? wink )

Joy,
Lynn

Ha! No worries. I feel like these days I have time to either write or read, so I typically find myself gravitating toward the shorter fics. I thought school would give me more time on he boards, but I've been home all day exactly 3 times since school started at the end of August. Been so busy running errands - all the stuff I used to cram in on the weekends.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
all the stuff I used to cram in on the weekends.
I hear ya. Chores and errands always seem to expand to fill one's "free" time.

Thanks for understanding.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
all the stuff I used to cram in on the weekends.
I hear ya. Chores and errands always seem to expand to fill one's "free" time.

Thanks for understanding.

Joy,
Lynn

No problem! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
shock

rotflol

notworthy

I loved it! Such delightful wickedness!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!
I see, it’s another one of those where the preamble matches the story? clap
"Jonathan! Did you see that light over Shuster's field? What was it? Let's go check it out."

"In this storm, Martha? Most likely just a lightning bolt."

"Yeah. You're probably right. No use getting soaked exploring, I guess. Let's head home."
Eeeeep! It’s a death fic mecry Unless Lana’s parents find him and he ends up with a crush on his adoptive sister? Must make for an interesting teenage experience for an adolescent Kryptonian, growing up in the same house as his crush. evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Michael,

What evil paths your mind traverses! I hadn't realized just how much of a Rorschach test my little ficlet was.

Thanks for leaving feedback that is about as long as the entire story. smile

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Millefeuilles, thanks for the feedback. It's good to see you back on the MB. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard