Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter 14 is up. I prefer to call this chapter The Hangover.

Next week there will be Three posting days.

Sunday
Tuesday
Thursday

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I had allotted a certain amount of pages for each chapter and apparently, it just doesn't like chapter 15 for some reason so I had to split it into two chapters. I couldn't leave it where it was cutting it off. It was too cruel.

Chapter 15A | Chapter 15B

Okay, so a lot of action here. All I can say is ....please just remember you will have another chapter on Tuesday and every chapter is 25 pages single space...12pt font. So a lot does happen. This also made it so the chapter count is 19 chapters, not 18. I can tell you're really torn up about that, right?

Other things, yes I'm done writing/editing/etc... Delusions so the more harassment I get for the next chapter the sooner it'll come. Not above posting more than one chapter in a day as you can see here. Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter. There's a lot of angst, suspense, emotional rollercoaster and 'OMG' moments...

Enjoy!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ok, I tried to put this off until I was ready for heavy angst...then I figured, "Eh, just one chapter should be fine..." Now I'm razzifrazzin hooked. :p Definitely chilling, and I can't wait to see what happens next...so I won't! laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ok, I tried to put this off until I was ready for heavy angst...then I figured, "Eh, just one chapter should be fine..." Now I'm razzifrazzin hooked. :p Definitely chilling, and I can't wait to see what happens next...so I won't! laugh

rotflol Read away.

I only have one more chapter to post (which will probably be tomorrow) so enjoy your binge-reading.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
There's a lot of angst, suspense, emotional rollercoaster and 'OMG' moments...

That may be the understatement of the year. It applies to the whole story, not just the chapter you mentioned. Definitely not an easy read. My decision to start it after it was finished worked best for me, especially with more than one timeline. Glad I stayed with it. Definitely a darker Luthor than could have been shown in the 8PM Sunday original time slot. You did an amazing job showing how Lois and Clark both could be pushed to their limits, yet still come out whole although different.

Last edited by cuidadora; 10/11/18 10:38 AM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
There's a lot of angst, suspense, emotional rollercoaster and 'OMG' moments...

That may be the understatement of the year. It applies to the whole story, not just the chapter you mentioned. Definitely not an easy read. My decision to start it after it was finished worked best for me, especially with more than one timeline. Glad I stayed with it. Definitely a darker Luthor than could have been shown in the 8PM Sunday original time slot. You did an amazing job showing how Lois and Clark both could be pushed to their limits, yet still come out whole although different.

Hey cuidadora wave

Yes, this one is a very heavy angst, drama, suspense, and action fic. I'm glad you were able to get a chance to binge-read the final product. It's definitely a darker timeline. I tried to show a different dynamic with both Lois and Clark and still have them come through it together. I'm glad you enjoyed the fic and as always thanks for reading and commenting.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Incredible story... I got sucked in!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*WHEW* Finally finished the whole thing, and I LOVE IT! Very nice twist on the title, starting out with *Clark* in a (fake) insane asylum and ending with
Lex being committed to Arkham

So, is Lois pregnant? I kept wondering, and the hands-on-belly suggests it, but the story didn't actually come right out and say.

I really liked seeing all the Batman lore woven into the fic! I kept hoping Bruce would show up, although I guess it's just as well to not have him steal the spotlight. Still, it makes me kind of want a sequel.

There was definitely a lot of time hopping, but I was able to follow along well enough. The only thing that caused me a little confusion was having two characters with the name Jack, but they were distinct enough that I could picture the right person once they started talking.

Anyway, awesome fic! What's next? laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by L
Incredible story... I got sucked in!

Thanks L,

I'm glad I was able to pull you in with this fic. thumbsup

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
*WHEW* Finally finished the whole thing, and I LOVE IT! Very nice twist on the title, starting out with *Clark* in a (fake) insane asylum and ending with
Lex being committed to Arkham

So, is Lois pregnant? I kept wondering, and the hands-on-belly suggests it, but the story didn't actually come right out and say.

I really liked seeing all the Batman lore woven into the fic! I kept hoping Bruce would show up, although I guess it's just as well to not have him steal the spotlight. Still, it makes me kind of want a sequel.

There was definitely a lot of time hopping, but I was able to follow along well enough. The only thing that caused me a little confusion was having two characters with the name Jack, but they were distinct enough that I could picture the right person once they started talking.

Anyway, awesome fic! What's next? laugh

Hey Queenie, wave

I'm so glad you had a chance to power through this one.

1) Yes, I'm so glad someone picked up on that play on the title.

2)Yes, Lois is pregnant. I wanted to hint at it in that final scene but not actually come out and say it.

3)Yeah I enjoyed throwing in a bit of Batman's world in this fic without actually having him make an appearance. There was enough going on as it was.

Sequel?

My muse is still recovering from this one but we'll see what the next year brings wink I intentionally left things open for a chance to revisit this world.

4)Jack Davenport and Jack were definitely a bit confusing at times but I did my best to make sure Davenport came across distinctly different.

What's next?

I'm currently working on Rules of War--the final installment of the "Rules" series so that'd be the next one. smile1

Thanks for commenting and reading. Glad you enjoyed it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alice hung back on Perry’s arm as they made their way down the steps of the Metropolitan where the Kerth Awards Ceremony had taken place. She looked off to the side noticing the looks being exchanged between Lois and Clark. They’d certainly come a long way from where they’d been several months before, barely speaking to one another. A small smile crossed her face and she nudged Perry, “Those two certainly know how to make a statement, don’t they?”

Perry let out a loud laugh of agreement, “I don’t think that was intentional,”

Alice grinned recalling the bewildered expression on both of their faces when the spotlight had shone on them announcing Clark as the winner just as Lois had given him a kiss for good luck. She knew Perry had suspected more had been going on between the duo for the last month. He’d mentioned catching them coming out of the copy room with nothing to copy and no explanation for what they were doing in there.

“Young love,” Alice sighed.

“As long as they can keep bringing in the stories…” Perry muttered under his breath.

“I don’t think that will be a problem,” Alice reassured him, tugging his hand toward the awaiting limo.

They had moved back to Metropolis after the sweep had been done to rid Metropolis of the corrupt officials and Lex Luthor. She’d accepted a job as a copywriter for Stern Media’s SNN and was really finding herself again. After spending the last few months being thrown into a dangerous situation that required her to wear her reporter’s hat once more she found she missed the thrill of it. After the boys were born she’d stayed home to raise them. Now that they were both grown and out of the house she was left wondering what next. She thought the next chapter would be Perry’s retirement but if the last year had shown them anything it was just how not ready they both were to step out of the game.

“Who knows,” Alice beamed back at him. “Maybe this time next year I’ll be accepting a Kerth,”

“I’m still not so sure about this second act business,” Perry groaned.

“Why not? We’ve still got it.” Alice tugged his arm, guiding him toward the waiting limos. “Come on, you old hound dog,”

This fic had a ton of fascinating elements to it. But the best of all was seeing Alice White as a person rather than just Perry's wife.

Bravo!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Another enjoyable read, Folc!

The flipping between timelines could have been confusing, but I think you handled it well.

I've always enjoyed your memory snippets, they help refresh me on what happened while setting the mood the character is in and the past they are wrestling with. In this fic, it recaptured the chilling encounters with Luthor and the heartbreaking encounters with each other.

I thought the stories you had up for investigative Kerths were ludicrous and funny. I mean, really...fruit flies? And the Queens' grandkid?? It made me snicker and roll my eyes, lol.

Putting Luthor into Arkham might not have been the best idea though. I mean, Batman's rogues are always escaping from there, right? What happens if Luthor does?

I really agree with Morgana, it was great seeing Alice with a good role and a history of her and Perry's relationship. I enjoyed her character in mouse's (not Mouserocks) Investigating Luthor for that reason also.

As always, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by PuffyTiger; 10/30/18 08:05 PM.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
This fic had a ton of fascinating elements to it. But the best of all was seeing Alice White as a person rather than just Perry's wife.

Bravo!

Thank you so much Morgana! Developing the character and the past relationship of Alice and Perry was actually the most enjoyable part of this fic. I tried to have fun with it and show the parallels between Perry and Clark as well.

Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Another enjoyable read, Folc!

The flipping between timelines could have been confusing, but I think you handled it well.

I've always enjoyed your memory snippets, they help refresh me on what happened while setting the mood the character is in and the past they are wrestling with. In this fic, it recaptured the chilling encounters with Luthor and the heartbreaking encounters with each other.

I thought the stories you had up for investigative Kerths were ludicrous and funny. I mean, really...fruit flies? And the Queens' grandkid?? It made me snicker and roll my eyes, lol.

Putting Luthor into Arkham might not have been the best idea though. I mean, Batman's rogues are always escaping from there, right? What happens if Luthor does?

I really agree with Morgana, it was great seeing Alice with a good role and a history of her and Perry's relationship. I enjoyed her character in mouse's (not Mouserocks) Investigating Luthor for that reason also.

As always, thanks for sharing!

Hey PuffyTiger wave ,

Glad you had a chance to read this one. When I go into big long epics I try to help remind the readers with the flashbacks. It makes it more impactful and draws you into the character's mind I believe. Glad it helped with the timelines. clap

The stories I put up for the Kerths were intended to be laughable because of how tense the fic had been up to that point. I wanted to make you snicker a bit. smile1

So, if you paid attention you'll notice I left room to revisit this world. There will be a sequel coming to this. Injustice

Glad you enjoyed the game of cat and mouse and I am happy Alice was so enjoyable for everyone in this fic...because you'll be seeing her again next year. wink

[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
I stumbled across this story in the archive (I think that's the webpage I found it on?) and devoured it. Wow! Epic is right!

I loved how the splitting of time helped drive the urgency, flashing backwards, and then to the present, kept me on the edge of my seat!

I'm an angst sucker, and this certainly had it in boatloads!

The way Clark dealt with the aftermath of their night together was perfect. He kept her from running, yet also got her to admit that she didn't regret it, perhaps my favourite part of the whole fic.

I appreciated how you wrote Lex. He was a maniac and the show couldn't go there, however, I really think you did the criminally insane part of Lex to perfection.

Thanks for a great read!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Toomi8
I stumbled across this story in the archive (I think that's the webpage I found it on?) and devoured it. Wow! Epic is right!

I loved how the splitting of time helped drive the urgency, flashing backwards, and then to the present, kept me on the edge of my seat!

I'm an angst sucker, and this certainly had it in boatloads!

The way Clark dealt with the aftermath of their night together was perfect. He kept her from running, yet also got her to admit that she didn't regret it, perhaps my favourite part of the whole fic.

I appreciated how you wrote Lex. He was a maniac and the show couldn't go there, however, I really think you did the criminally insane part of Lex to perfection.

Thanks for a great read!

Hey Toomi8 wave

Thank you so much for reading through this twisted world of mayhem. This was inspired by Queenie's challenge and NostalgiaKick's Nobody which planted the seed for the much darker version of Lex Luthor. I'm glad you enjoyed this fic. If you have the patience there is a sequel to this one.

Injustice

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Hey Toomi8 wave

Thank you so much for reading through this twisted world of mayhem. This was inspired by Queenie's challenge and NostalgiaKick's Nobody which planted the seed for the much darker version of Lex Luthor. I'm glad you enjoyed this fic. If you have the patience there is a sequel to this one.

Injustice

I checked out Nobody... wow. I will absolutely read Injustice, but if I don't finish what I'm working on, it may never see the light of day!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Toomi8
Hey Toomi8 wave

Injustice

I checked out Nobody... wow. I will absolutely read Injustice, but if I don't finish what I'm working on, it may never see the light of day!

Totally get that. Yes, NK does a great job with those whammy one-shot introspective fics and they usually pack a punch. Amazing talent she has.

I totally get that. Now that Kerths are over I can offer myself up if you need someone to bounce ideas off of. Good luck with the writing.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard