Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282142 10/05/18 11:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for coming with me on this strange trilogy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I absolutely loved every word of this story. Great ending. Great last line from Lois.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I absolutely loved every word of this story. Great ending. Great last line from Lois.

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed reading it. I certainly had fun writing it! (I'm also partial to the last line.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He brought them a house? What a cool wedding present!

It is so sad that Bruce is the last member of his family.

Great story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
He brought them a house? What a cool wedding present!

It is so sad that Bruce is the last member of his family.

Great story!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! I definitely had fun writing it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A happy little ending. Hopefully Lois and Clark like the house that Bruce picked out. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
A happy little ending. Hopefully Lois and Clark like the house that Bruce picked out. smile

Thanks for reading! In my mind, it was the house from canon, so I'm sure they'll love it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I’m very late but just finished the whole thing. What a great read! So glad Clark was able to get to talk to Grandma Tildy before she died and what a crazy way for Lois (and Jimmy) to find out about him. So glad she came around. I loved it and the last line made me giggle.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
I’m very late but just finished the whole thing. What a great read! So glad Clark was able to get to talk to Grandma Tildy before she died and what a crazy way for Lois (and Jimmy) to find out about him. So glad she came around. I loved it and the last line made me giggle.

So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading! (And the last line makes me giggle too.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
This was great. I loved watching Clark grow up, take responsibility for his powers even though it cost him greatly (leaving Gma's), make friends with Bruce without knowing who he was, experiment with embracing the darkness as Nightwing and then realizing it wasn't for him. Stepping into the Light as Superman and learning to love Lois was wonderful, and then realizing that he still wasn't in the light until Lois knew everything. I even liked the fact that Chen was so mad at him, because it made everything more real. There are some people in life you just can't reason with, no matter how much you might want to and how hard you try.

I love all your work, DC, thank you so much for sharing it all with us!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
This was great. I loved watching Clark grow up, take responsibility for his powers even though it cost him greatly (leaving Gma's), make friends with Bruce without knowing who he was, experiment with embracing the darkness as Nightwing and then realizing it wasn't for him. Stepping into the Light as Superman and learning to love Lois was wonderful, and then realizing that he still wasn't in the light until Lois knew everything. I even liked the fact that Chen was so mad at him, because it made everything more real. There are some people in life you just can't reason with, no matter how much you might want to and how hard you try.

I love all your work, DC, thank you so much for sharing it all with us!

Aww, thanks so much for the kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And I'm with you. I liked writing Chen as so angry. It felt real to me - there's some things that hurt some people too much for them to ever forgive and forget. It was also nice to bring back the idea that Clark's actions (well intentioned as they are) do have consequences, even bridge-burning ones.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was such an amazing series!

I love how well you fleshed out this universe and how the differences affected both Clark and Lois, as well as all the other relationships you built for him! Bruce and Clark as brotherly besties, yay!

Clark came so far from where he started, and it was amazing to see him change and grow over time - A+ character development!

And his relationship with Lois was so touching. I really liked how well you conveyed his worries and fears, but also let her be angry without making her irrational.

Thank you for this amazing addition to my personal fanon headcanon of how it Actually Happened, Just Over There

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
side eyes Vicki awkwardly

I could have sworn I FDK'd this chapter.

Oh well...

I second and third what everyone else has said here. You did a great job with developing your own version of everyone's favorite characters. The bond between Bruce and Clark is great and Clark's love for Lois and her ability to forgive him was handled beautifully. Great job as always Vicki. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
This was such an amazing series!

I love how well you fleshed out this universe and how the differences affected both Clark and Lois, as well as all the other relationships you built for him! Bruce and Clark as brotherly besties, yay!

Clark came so far from where he started, and it was amazing to see him change and grow over time - A+ character development!

And his relationship with Lois was so touching. I really liked how well you conveyed his worries and fears, but also let her be angry without making her irrational.

Thank you for this amazing addition to my personal fanon headcanon of how it Actually Happened, Just Over There

Awww, thanks, E! Glad you enjoyed it. I loved being able to give Clark and Bruce solid reasons for forming a true, lasting friendship/brotherhood. It was a fun series for me to write and I'm so glad you made it canon in your own head! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
side eyes Vicki awkwardly

I could have sworn I FDK'd this chapter.

Oh well...

I second and third what everyone else has said here. You did a great job with developing your own version of everyone's favorite characters. The bond between Bruce and Clark is great and Clark's love for Lois and her ability to forgive him was handled beautifully. Great job as always Vicki. smile

*side eyes Val back*

I didn't do it! goofy

Glad you liked the story! I'm not sure if I had more fun writing this part with all the fun evilness or the first part making Clark an orphan and living in Wayne Manor. Oy, that sounds bad, doesn't it? How much evilness I like...

Anyway...

Thanks for reading and betaing for me. Glad you liked the progression of the characters. I really, really enjoyed crafting this trilogy and I'm glad others enjoyed reading it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
jawdrop Excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the floor.

Wow! Finally caught up on this one! And then, finally got around to the feedback lol. This fic (and this trilogy, truly) has been one of the best I've ever read. The premise is well thought out and established, and followed through every chapter.

Clark not telling Lois was great, and then that reveal! lol Jimmy and Lois! Paired with the timing of having to go save Bruce thumbsup never a dull moment.

Lois in the old Nightwing costume was great, and that moment was at least a perfect reveal. Very sweet. And Jimmy as Oracle... The Jason bit was heartbreaking. I was shocked when you revealed that the actual joker was dead. And poor Jason... I know Bruce will be beating himself up for a long time about that, but there's nothing else he could have done. In the end, his demise was the only real solution.

It all weaved together seamlessly. There's probably a million other things I could rave about and discuss, but without going back through and pasting every line in here and saying it was perfect, this is all I got for now.

Fabulous story! Excellent job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
jawdrop Excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the floor.

Wow! Finally caught up on this one! And then, finally got around to the feedback lol. This fic (and this trilogy, truly) has been one of the best I've ever read. The premise is well thought out and established, and followed through every chapter.

Clark not telling Lois was great, and then that reveal! lol Jimmy and Lois! Paired with the timing of having to go save Bruce thumbsup never a dull moment.

Lois in the old Nightwing costume was great, and that moment was at least a perfect reveal. Very sweet. And Jimmy as Oracle... The Jason bit was heartbreaking. I was shocked when you revealed that the actual joker was dead. And poor Jason... I know Bruce will be beating himself up for a long time about that, but there's nothing else he could have done. In the end, his demise was the only real solution.

It all weaved together seamlessly. There's probably a million other things I could rave about and discuss, but without going back through and pasting every line in here and saying it was perfect, this is all I got for now.

Fabulous story! Excellent job!

Wow, wow, wow, Mouse! Thank you for such high and awesome praise! notworthy

Really, really, really glad you enjoyed the story and series. Funny, I meant this to be one fic exploring "huh, wouldn't it be cool if Clark was the original Nightwing." And then, next thing I knew, I wanted Clark to have to save Bruce and that meant 3 fics. laugh

I loved all the twists I got to throw in. The double reveal. Lois saving them in the Nightwing suit. Killing Joker and making Jason the bad guy. It all just tickled me.

Thank you for reading! Again, I'm so happy you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard