Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sue!
[Linked Image]
Erm…please excuse the door hinges. I know it must have sounded like an embarrassing squeal.

/checks out previous FDK thread/ Hmm…ah…yes…I see…plus, now I know why detailed FDK is so helpful. Wait, what did you mean by clothes are getting put back on? We just got Lois halfway undressed! [Linked Image]

Clark was in a daze. He could hear the door to Lois' room open and then close, but it didn't seem possible that any of this was really happening.
I just realized, Lois could get kidnapped while on her way to the next room.

He was the fastest man in the world
BARRY ALLEN: [Linked Image]

Lois was in love with him.
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if Lois had gotten sprayed with Revenge while in the next room, just before she called him?

Clark flipped on the overhead light and was about to open the door when he realized that he was wearing only his boxer shorts.
Looky there, they’re fully dressed between the two of them. Should be perfect!

He couldn't stop himself from taking a second look at her legs and the way his t-shirt draped over the soft curves that had occupied his fantasies for the past year.
Oh boy. I take it it’s a wee bit chilly out in the hallway, huh?

She was here, in his room, and wearing nothing but his t-shirt. He had to be dreaming.
He could politely ask for her to return his t-shirt?

Clark quickly shifted his attention to her face. He exhaled his own little laugh from the sheer surreal joy of the moment. Then he shook his head. "We're definitely in uncharted waters here."
Maybe he could do a detailed exploration of said undiscovered lands.

He blushed at the discovery that she wasn't wearing a bra as she added
Huh, I would have bet that that wasn’t news to him after his earlier lines.

Lois looked up at him from beneath her lashes, giving him a sheepish grin. "I swear, Clark, I wasn't trying to seduce you by showing up in just your t-shirt."
Clark gave her an adorable shrug. “It still worked.”

He couldn't resist teasing her. "You think I'm that easily seduced?"
He *really* wants her to make this a competition. He *does* realize she’s not on pheromones this time around, so he’s got no moral obligations.

Clark gave her another once-over, taking his time as he appreciated her legs and the alluring drape of the shirt over her curves. "You're lucky I'm jet-lagged right now."
*squints*

She considered it for a long moment, then shrugged. "I guess if you're jet-lagged then fetching a key card is about as useful as you can be."
devil

Lois smirked. "Could you be useful in another way?"
[Linked Image]

"Before you leave, maybe we could, uh… Not that I think you're going to change your mind in the elevator, but I’d really like it if, uh, maybe you, or we, uh, would you please kiss me first?"
laugh
[Linked Image]

Clark framed her face between his hands and tried to look annoyed. He didn't quite manage it because he couldn't stop smiling. "Anything else?"

"No. That should do it." Lois closed her eyes and her lips parted.
So, good thing he’s wearing jeans, then?

"Hey," he whispered and waited for her eyes to open. When they did his throat tightened a little when he saw she was just as dazed as he was by their new proximity. "I love you."

Lois had just started to smile when he closed his eyes and went for it.
She knows.

The first true heat of Clark's mouth on hers was mind bending. Her memory was not faulty. Kissing Clark was everything Lois had remembered -- and more.
Huh, I just realized, ‘clothes getting put on’ could have simply referred to Clark trying to get dressed. wallbash You’re a sneaky one!

Lois swayed closer to him, sliding her hands up his chest and over his shoulders to twine her arms around his neck.
*squints* This should raise her her/his t-shirt in interesting ways. Let’s just hope his arms stay in an upwards position…

Lois couldn't help herself, she loosened the button above and tugged lightly on his shirt to match it to the correct hole, before refastening it in its proper place.
Tsk tsk tsk. That’s not conductive to tending to that edge of lust she was feeling.

What if she stayed? What would happen?
He’d fall asleep.

Would they… Oh god! What if they did?
He doesn’t have protection with him.
CLARK: That’s because I’m Superman. I don’t need protection.

He drew in a quick breath. "It's lucky for us both that I have the strength to do one more thing."

She swallowed hard. "Yeah? What's that?"
Uh-oh.

Clark kissed her forehead, his lips lingering for a long moment. Then he let go of her and took a step backwards.
cat Now someone’s in deeeeep dodo.

"Good night, Lois." His voice was a deep rasp and her body responded with another shimmering tug of desire low in her belly.
LOIS: cat

He blinked in surprise. "No. I asked you to stay and I meant it. You can have the bed. I'll take the sofa."
*blinks* /goes looking for phone number of accident lawyer/ It must be somewhere. Those whiplash-injuries don’t sue themselve.

His supersuit was at the bottom and, while it seemed unlikely that Lois would stumble across it, there was always a chance that she'd ransack his suitcase in the middle of the night.
rotflol
LOIS: What? It was closed.

He looked at the hide-a-bed, grateful for something to draw his thoughts away from her, and shrugged. "I've slept in worse places."

"Like where?"
CLARK: Cat’s couch.

"You know," Lois mused, "this is a pretty big bed." Her hand swooped an invitation over the empty space next to her.
Aww…she really does want to alternate beds the next night.

That was all. Just two friends sharing a bed. He could face the other way and it would almost be like she wasn't there at all… Who the heck did he think he was kidding?
His conscience. That’s all he has to kid. No worries.

Clark was instantly a little worried because it was obvious that she was working up to something. "I'd never ask you to rob a bank," he added drily.

"I'd do it," she said confidently.
Yes, she sure might be the type to ask him to rob a bank.

"Are you sure? Maybe it has already. I mean, I can't just look at you as plain old Clark anymore. Not that I thought you were plain. I always liked you--"
*squints*
“What we've got here is an example of human evolution: 'before and after.' Clark is the 'before.' Superman is the 'after.'”

I always liked you--"

"No, you didn't." He grinned in her direction. "You called me a hack from Nowheresville."

"Whatever." She flapped one hand dismissively. "That was before I got to know you. Once I got to know you, I liked you."
She’s adorable with her selective realizty. It’s almost like it’s fake news.
LOIS: shock

"Superman." He choked on the name, losing his breath as a crushing kind of panic closed in. Was it too late to simply get her a new room key?
rotflol Yes. Also, he does realize that if she’s not too ticked off to sotrm out, they might end up on the couch together, right?

"I don't know. Sometimes, maybe. Let me get this straight, you want me to have romantic feelings for Superman?"
It would help with some of the cosplay he’s thinking about. And those times when Clark and Superman get split in two. Her not having romantic feelings for Superman could crimp some of the more…advanced experiments.

Lois made a small, amused grunt. "You know what? Hearing you say I was right is almost as gratifying as hearing you say you love me."

"You want me to say it again?"

She giggled softly. "Yeah."

"You were right."
Oh boy. He might get her all riled up with that dirty talk of his.

"Maybe you should kiss me again. Just to make sure you're ranking me correctly."
Uh-oh.

She'd only see the lie. There wasn't a nice way to put it. He had lied to her. Flat out, bald-faced lied to her.
No, he just told her the truth. From his point of view. It’s a very time honored tradition amongst the heroes of his age.

Regret flooded in to replace his happiness. A month from now she might not be talking to him, let alone still love him. He couldn't keep compounding the lie. He had to tell her. His mind made circles, imagining how to say it, how she'd react, how widespread the fallout would be.
He could accidentally unpack his uniform, refold it in plain sight and put it back into the suitcase together with the rest of his stuff. Play it like he always knew that she always knew.

He couldn't think of a single scenario where Lois didn't hate him after she knew the truth.
Well…maybe if she *were* in some mental bliss state? Or what if she sees him getting shot and then realizes he’s all right?

"I'm Superman," he whispered, just to try out the words.
Oh boy. She might have heard that one.

So great to have you back! Say, does this mean we’re going to be visiting the Copa too? /goes back to watching inbox like a hawk/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I'm Superman," he whispered, just to try out the words. Her only reply was a soft snore that made him shiver in disbelief that Lois Lane was actually sleeping in his room. He took off his glasses and set them on the nightstand.

"I love you," he added, still not quite believing that she was really there.
OMG He really said the words. Now for the next section!!
You must feed the beast!!!

r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Took me a little longer than I expected but I finally made it back.

Over the last few weeks I had been rereading some of my favorite stories and authors and just a couple of days before you posted I had been wondering whether you would ever come back to the boards. So finding this up was a very welcome surprise.

I went back to the previous chapters and read them all in essentially one seating and then I read and reread part 9. As good as I found the first 8 parts, I have to say that 9 inevitably outshines them.

I think almost all has been said at this point but their banter, the way it is still there in their new context, mixed with a slight insecurity and a bit of shyness, it's probably the best thing. They're shy, sure, but they still feel confortable enough to keep teasing each other. You write these characters so well, you show their way and how they come from point A to point B and why they mean so much to each other.

I could quote pretty much every line in the chapter, from the bit taken from part 8 to the very last word. This was a delight that I will most likely read again before part 10.

Welcome back, Sue. And don't leave again. These MBs are sooo much better with you around :-)

Last edited by Cristina; 05/29/18 01:49 AM.

Cris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, what can I add to all the previous comments? This is such a difficult task, now that heaps of laurels and garlands have been gathered at Sue’s feet... party
As many of you already wrote, one should quote almost every sentence of this delicious morsel of fic. jump
I’ll just say that as usual, characterization is top notch, that one “hears” this version of our favorite characters speak with the actors’ voice, using their gesture. Sue’s prose is very visual and wonderfully evocative, the banter no deterrent to tenderness and emotion. Attention to details doesn’t obscure the general picture, but it makes it all the more real, delightful, touching and very very human.
Lois has been standing for a long time before Clark’s door, wearing only a t-shirt (and trying to lengthen it by pulling on it, a very visual and telling gesture…). I’m glad he let her in, and even gladder that you came back to the board with this awesome fic. jump

Stay. It was so simple. She could stay.
Oh, yeessss. Please, Sue and Lois, do stay, both of you.

Now, for the "big" number 2 reveal? I’m all eagerness to read it.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi Sue,
great to see you back posting. I went back to reading the story and found out that I hadn't even made it through all your previous posts, but now I'm up to speed again.

This is a great story. I like the different spin on the events of HoL. It's good to see Lois and Clark talking the whole time - something they usually tend to forget, which brings up all the problems.

I loved their talkes, even if I sometimes wanted to shake some sense into Lois for not realizing that Clark was talking about her. On the other hand, this made for a so much more amusing read.

The scene where she asked Perry, Jack and Jimmy about Clark's secret love was just great.

Please keep coming back with more.

This is a fantastic story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Quote:
I love this story, Sue, and I'm so happy that you came back to it. Please don't leave us too long until the next part!

Not too long, I hope. Certainly not a couple of years. I’m happy to be back and happy that you’re happy with the story.

I know, it's only been like a week. Maybe a little more. But yes, I'm checking for the next part like the groupie I am. Just putting it out there, Sue.

I went and reread part 9 because it's just so satisfying when they get their feelings out in the open. I really do love this part. But now I'm super curious about what happens the morning after, so to speak. I'm voting for Perry catching her coming out of Clark's room wink

Here's hoping part 10 isn't too far away!

Tracey smile

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Whew! I'm almost caught up! smile1

Endelda - A big fan? Wow! thud
I'm completely in love with how you write these two idiots.
I laughed SO freakin' hard at "these two idiots". rotflol Thank you for that!

cuidadora - And you're back, too! wave
Clark's fumbling to get out of bed was, so tender and sweet. I wish that had been a scene in the series.
That makes two of us! smile

Thanks for the excuse to re-read the story since I'm sure I've forgotten important points. Or maybe I missed them the first time through. Anyway, that's now on my "To Do" list.
Yes, there are definitely some finer plot points that will be important going forward. wink

Susan - Where do I start with you?!? lol You are a naughty, naughty girl! So, for the record:

1) Few things give me as much pleasure as seeing your name pop up in my in-box or on my phone. In fact, the only thing better is the moment you step off the plane or out of the car and I get to squeal and hug you. smile1

2) Here's my exact thought process when I read your post:

Apollo? <tilts head inquisitively> Apollo?
<opens fic folder and does a search -- mildly surprised when it returns a fic called 'Apollo' last edited on 9/17/2015. Reads fic and jawdrop
Oh… right. Apollo. blush

So my apologies to everyone else but there was a DARN GOOD REASON why only Susan will ever get to read it. I laugh. I blush. I will henceforth deny ever having written 'Apollo.' whistle

3) Few things in life give me as much pleasure as being Susan's friend and hiking buddy and tent roomie and dinner companion. wink Somewhere in Maine there is a restaurant that has our picture by the door with a circle and a slash on it. devil (In our defense, if we can make one, a thirty page wine list?!? C'mon!)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program…

And because Lois and Clark are friends, it allows this part to shine. They can tease, kiss and touch to demonstrate their feelings for each other, and then verbally probe to find the line that can't yet be crossed. Confessing their love isn't just an excuse to jump in the sack, it's an opportunity to deepen their friendship. It is romantic and funny and hopeful and beautiful.

Thank you! Friendship should always be the underpinning of a relationship. Sex can't hold you together. Friendship definitely can. laugh

Brenda - Aw, go on! You can quote the whole thing and I wouldn't be offended. wink

I loved the detail of her tugging on the hem of the t-shirt a few times, trying to get it to grow longer.

Good thing she doesn't realize he could see through that shirt, if he were so inclined. <heh>

They are being so open while not completing half of their thoughts to each other, and yet they still know the unspoken parts.

That's the benefit of being friends first. smile

I feel it inside how Lois needs reassurance by asking for Clark to kiss her and tell her again that he loves her, but as top banana she can't just leave herself as a supplicant. She tells him to wow her. And Clark is so Clark by delivering on each count.

He certainly does try. Thank you for picking up on Lois' private motivations! I worried that since we were seeing it through Clark's eyes it might not come across.

The careful choices you've made to describe their interactions give me such a multi-sensory experience. I can see it and feel it and even smell it sometimes. I love that the kiss was mind bending, that she dissolved into him, that her tongue stroked inquisitively, that she feels unfeigned love.

Wow, thanks! blush

So we went from Lois's sweet compassion and attempt to be considerate of Clark's exhaustion to his tease to the kiss and whispered plea for her to stay. Gulp! Who can resist?

Gah! Not me, that's for sure. goofy

I hope that Lois remembers this confession after Clark tells her (or she finds out) that he is Superman. The fact that she makes him weak is a huge indication of his feelings for her.

Oh, she'll definitely remember. laugh

Poor Clark. Lois deflected all of his efforts to tell her his secret. Loved her confession that she was jealous of his mystery love. I hope she remembers that he tried to tell her about Superman, too.

She'll remember that, too.

I'm loving how open and happy and free Lois feels with her realization that she loves Clark. I'm not eager to see her get mad.

It's more of a challenge to write her not being angry -- and I love a challenge.

Jackie - Simply having people leave FDK is all I want -- just to know that you're reading and (hopefully) enjoying the story. Thank you so much for re-reading the whole thing and stopping to leave comments on each part. sloppy

cilygo - Thank you! wave I'm glad you're enjoying the story. smile

Michael! - Aw, Michael! How wonderful to see you again! hyper

Erm…please excuse the door hinges. I know it must have sounded like an embarrassing squeal.

Lol! I'm pretty sure I made a similar sound when I saw your name again. blush

Wait, what did you mean by clothes are getting put back on? We just got Lois halfway undressed!

I meant her being so helpful in fixing Clark's buttons. <heh>

I just realized, Lois could get kidnapped while on her way to the next room.

If anyone could, it would be Lois. She's talented that way.

BARRY ALLEN:

Ha! So far as he knows, Clark is the fastest man in the world. smile

Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if Lois had gotten sprayed with Revenge while in the next room, just before she called him?

She'd certainly be a lot more persistent about sharing that bed. lol

Looky there, they’re fully dressed between the two of them. Should be perfect!

rotflol

Oh boy. I take it it’s a wee bit chilly out in the hallway, huh?

I'd guess it's colder in his room since that's where he realizes she's sans bra. eek

Maybe he could do a detailed exploration of said undiscovered lands.

Not on this side of the board, mister! (see your Barry Allen gif)

He *really* wants her to make this a competition. He *does* realize she’s not on pheromones this time around, so he’s got no moral obligations.

That's exactly why he turns to leave at that point. wink And speaking of leaving, I'm supposed to be working right now, but I couldn't go another day without replying to everyone. I was going to try and acknowledge all the other places your snarkilicious comments made me laugh, but I'm running out of time. frown Thank you for always leaving such long, lovely, and hilarious FDK. I've missed you terribly. mecry Two more that I have to highlight from you:

She’s adorable with her selective realizty. It’s almost like it’s fake news.

They're "alternate facts," dude. Alternate facts. I have to laugh or else I'll start crying and I. Just. Won't. Stop. frown So thank you for helping me laugh. thumbsup

Say, does this mean we’re going to be visiting the Copa too? /goes back to watching inbox like a hawk/

Yes, we're definitely headed back to the Copa as soon as this one is done. And I will be darkening your in-box. Thanks for being such a willing vict, er, reader. sloppy

Artemis - Yes, he really did say the words. And I will continue to feed the beast. laugh

Cris - It took me longer than I thought to come back, too. But you at least did it in days and not years. wink

I went back to the previous chapters and read them all in essentially one seating and then I read and reread part 9. As good as I found the first 8 parts, I have to say that 9 inevitably outshines them.

I think the inevitability is due to the fact that they get closer with each part, and in 9 they finally actually acknowledge it to each other. Hard to beat that. wink

They're shy, sure, but they still feel comfortable enough to keep teasing each other.

They've teased each other since the day they met, so it's something familiar and the undercurrent of how they relate to each other (IMHO, YMMV).

Welcome back, Sue. And don't leave again. These MBs are sooo much better with you around

:faint: I wouldn't go that far! But the sentiment is certainly appreciated. blush

Millefeuilles - /looks down

Huh. Not sure I see a bunch of laurels and garlands, but I love the mental image. lol Thank you so much! I'm pleased and flattered that the characterization and dialogue are working for you. There's no greater compliment than being told that a reader can "hear" the characters speaking. Thank you!

bakasi - Hi! wave It's so good to see you again!

It's good to see Lois and Clark talking the whole time - something they usually tend to forget, which brings up all the problems.

Communication is always key.

I loved their talkes, even if I sometimes wanted to shake some sense into Lois for not realizing that Clark was talking about her. On the other hand, this made for a so much more amusing read.

Gotta milk the amusement while we can. laugh

Tracey - Yes, it's been just over a week. I am still working on polishing the rough edges off part 10 (and 11 and 12). It's been a heck of a week at work. The third person in a month has left our team for greener pastures and it's both depressing to lose them and exhausting because (once again) they will not be replaced. Consequently, by the time I get home, I'm in no mood to spend another few hours in front of a computer. frown

But now I'm super curious about what happens the morning after, so to speak. I'm voting for Perry catching her coming out of Clark's room

Perry will definitely know that she spent the night in Clark's room and that she's wearing nothing but Clark's t-shirt. <heh>

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! sloppy It really is good to be back. <sigh>

Last edited by Sue S.; 06/01/18 12:22 PM. Reason: Still getting the hang of gifs

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You really did say this, Yes?
"Yes, we're definitely headed back to the Copa as soon as this one is done. And I will be darkening your in-box. Thanks for being such a willing vict, er, reader. sloppy

Artemis - Yes, he really did say the words. And I will continue to feed the beast. laugh"

I still have the image of the last "Copa" in my mind.
Maybe we need another Mexican lunch?
r/
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sue!

Lol! I'm pretty sure I made a similar sound when I saw your name again.
rotflol /discretely pushes small can of hinge oil over/

I meant her being so helpful in fixing Clark's buttons. <heh>
Yes. That. /points to later part of thread smile1

If anyone could, it would be Lois. She's talented that way.
Hmm…now, let’s think, if you have a barely dressed Lois getting herself kidnapped and then Superman manages to find her before the kidnapper beings chopping off her hair… devil

She'd certainly be a lot more persistent about sharing that bed.
CLARK: help

Not on this side of the board, mister!
One can’t be faulted for trying, though. Right? *Right*? RIGHT?

Thank you for always leaving such long, lovely, and hilarious FDK.
wave

So thank you for helping me laugh.
You’re welcome and can you imagine Lois getting confronted about that with one of her Lex Luthor investigations?

Yes, we're definitely headed back to the Copa as soon as this one is done. And I will be darkening your in-box. Thanks for being such a willing vict, er, reader.
hyper Always.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Bump.

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Wow, been away from the boards for a while and so excited to see this story back! Sue, I love love LOVE your writing! Might have just re-devoured this entire fic in one go laugh Can't wait to read the rest!

Kerth
Kerth
Aaaaaand caught up! This has been such a wonderful fic to read! I love it, start to almost-finish. This whole chapter just has my insides going akjsduifhngdthrkdf all over the place.

SOOOOOO sweet. All the feels.

Oh sweet heavens, I am so freakin' nervous to be posting again! It's been so, so long (and I apologize for that).

Just wanted to say that you have absolutely nothing to be nervous about. You're back and even better than ever and that's amazing.

Clark fumbled for his glasses, bumping them off of the nightstand in his haste. He rolled off the bed and narrowly missed crushing his glasses. He picked them up with shaky hands and put them on as he rushed towards the door.
Awww, poor Clark is so nervous!

And then it was his turn to gasp. Lois was wearing the t-shirt he'd loaned to her earlier -- and only his t-shirt. She was devastatingly beautiful with hair still damp from her shower, dark eyes bright with excitement, and long, bare legs on display. He couldn't stop himself from taking a second look at her legs and the way his t-shirt draped over the soft curves that had occupied his fantasies for the past year.
clap Woohoo! Let's get this party started!

"Yeah." Her dark eyes were luminous with happiness. "You said you were in love with someone at the Planet, someone you'd do anything for, and you said she was…" Her words trailed away as she looked at him expectantly.

"You," he confessed in a voice that had unexpectedly dropped to a raspy whisper. "Lois, I'm in love with you."
*squeals loudly and for an indeterminate amount of time* smile1

He nodded, hoping she wasn't really going to ask him to rob a bank. "Yes."
LOIS: I'm just a girl, standing in front of a guy, asking him *pulls out bank blue prints* to rob a bank with me.

"Oh yeah?" she scoffed. "If you weren't jet-lagged what would you do?"

"I—" Clark hesitated, then shook his head. He was too tired to trust himself with sharing a few fantasies.
CLARK: Well, first I'd--
[Linked Image]

Clark wasn't sure how much of what she was hinting at was simply flirtation, or if maybe she was being earnest and hiding it in a tease. If she was flirting, this was a fun new dimension to their usual banter. If she was in earnest, he was going to have to tell her about Superman.
Ahem... methinks you're going to have to tell her about Superman either way... but sure, delay the gratification longer by not telling her yet. Lunkhead. goofy

"Before you leave, maybe we could, uh… Not that I think you're going to change your mind in the elevator, but I’d really like it if, uh, maybe you, or we, uh, would you please kiss me first?"
Awwwwwwww! Lois is adorable.

"Make it good, Clark."

His breath left in a sough of amused surprise and he loved her even more for her bravado. "Okay."

She bit her lip, released it, and sucked in a quick breath. "And maybe you could tell me you love me again, just for good measure."

Clark framed her face between his hands and tried to look annoyed. He didn't quite manage it because he couldn't stop smiling. "Anything else?"

"No. That should do it."
I freaking love this little back and forth! So cute!! love

"Hey," he whispered and waited for her eyes to open. When they did his throat tightened a little when he saw she was just as dazed as he was by their new proximity. "I love you."
BRB, gotta go running around the room squealing like a twelve year old girl... Also that little beat of silence and his casual 'hey' was just so perfect, so realistic.

"How was that?" he murmured when their lips lost contact.

Her brain was still fogged with elation, so all she could think to say was, "S'okay."

"Okay," he echoed in an amused tone. "Admit it. That was a lot better than just okay."

"Maybe it was," she allowed. "Let me think about it."
lol

Lois couldn't help herself, she loosened the button above and tugged lightly on his shirt to match it to the correct hole, before refastening it in its proper place.
*un*button Lois. UNbutton. You're... hasn't she done this before? I thought Clark was the patient one.

Stay. It was so simple. She could stay. Her mouth went dry at the possibilities, acutely aware of the cushy expanse of unmade bed only a few feet behind her. What if she stayed? What would happen? Would they… Oh god! What if they did? She had been only half-kidding before, but that was only because she hadn't thought they would really get this far.
This little passage is so brilliantly crafted. There's an element of lust, and of intimacy, and an awareness of space, and nerves all balled up together so perfectly. Lois' train of thought is everything it should be, and it's very realistic.

She didn't just want or need Clark at this moment. The sensation was deeper, richer, and more all-consuming than simple lust or passion. The white hot inevitability of the two of them making love had her dizzy and yet she had never felt this calm and certain. Clark's fingers tightened slightly on her arms and she knew instinctively that he was feeling the same primal pull.
hyper Another wonderfully crafted passage. They don't need to rush anything. They love each other, it's going to happen. Also the phrasing here is scorching hot on its own, even without any specific details.

"Then I can sleep there. I--" Her words changed to a squeal as he scooped her up. Her heart raced as she realized he was carrying her to the bed. Oh god, oh god, oh god! Had he changed his mind? Had she changed hers? How could you want something so much and yet be afraid of it in the same instant? What if they didn't make love? What if they just held each other? How amazing would it be to spend the night in his arms?
I also squealed at this! Why are you making me be such a girl?! I don't squeal and giggle this much at hallmark movies.

He could feel his cheeks flushing as he paused at the end of the sofa bed. He looked over at Lois again and his resolve weakened a little. They could sleep in the same bed, he told himself. Just sleep. That was all. Just two friends sharing a bed. He could face the other way and it would almost be like she wasn't there at all… Who the heck did he think he was kidding?
lol Makes me think of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine says there was no funny business because they slept "head to toe" but Jerry says "what good does that do? your genitals still line up!"

"Usually I would add 'within reason,' but I don't want it to sound like I'm hedging my bets."

Clark was instantly a little worried because it was obvious that she was working up to something. "I'd never ask you to rob a bank," he added drily.

"I'd do it," she said confidently.

"I know, that's why I won't ask you."
rotflol Lois is the only girl in the world who's waiting for her man to pop the question about robbing a bank. Also, I love that this bank robbing joke has become a running gag between them.

"I think maybe you owe Lex a fruit basket for splitting us up like he did because that's when it really started to sink in for me that I was in love with you.
lol I want this out of a sequel. Lex receives fruit basket from Clark with a note: "Dear Lex, thanks so much for pushing me and Lois apart. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder... here's some local fruit samples from our Hawaiian honeymoon! xoxo, Clark"

Although I don't really want that out of a sequel to this. I don't think I've ever wanted Lex dead more than in this fic. Sidewalk art, here we come!

"Is there anything else you've been secretly dying to tell me?"

It was felt as though cold water had been tossed onto his soul. "Well, about Superman—"

"No, uh-uh. We're not going to talk about him. Not tonight. Pick something else to tell me."
Boy, is she gonna kick herself for that when he tells her (hopefully) tomorrow!

She made an exasperated growl. "Have you kissed Cat?"

"Not on purpose."
rotflol I'm imagining all their faces and it's priceless.

"I pick you," she whispered, her voice slurred with sleep. "Even if this was some perfect world where I could be Superman's girlfriend, I'd still pick you."
Awwwwwwww! love

"I'm Superman," he whispered, just to try out the words. Her only reply was a soft snore that made him shiver in disbelief that Lois Lane was actually sleeping in his room. He took off his glasses and set them on the nightstand.
hyper hyper hyper Awww! clap I'm so excited! Please tell me years won't go by before I get a chapter 10! I have to know what happens next? Is Lois going to remember his confession, or write it off as some dream? Is Clark going to chicken out in the morning? Is Lex going to get his just desserts? I'm dying to know and I'm so excited to have Lois and Clark together already and my insides are all mushy and wistful! Very cute and perfectly well written!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey there Sue!! Time for more. Time to light the fire!!
regards
Artemis

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Time for more, Sue!!!
regards
Artemis

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just stopping by to add my eager vote for more, too. I miss this story, Sue! Hope all is well with you.

Tracey smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved this story, Sue, but guess after almost 5 years, I will have to write the ending to it in my own mind. I just hope and pray that you are ok! You were always one of my favorite writers and I know that I'm not the only one who misses you and your wonderful stories. Blessings to you wherever you are!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I emailed Sue S. shortly after this comment was posted and heard nothing from her. It is a pity, this was a fabulous story and deserves to be completed.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Morgana! Hey, at least you tried! Blessings!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard