Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

Lots going on in this chapter!

Endelda is at a con this weekend (meeting Dean!) so it's my turn to post.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love that Clark caught on so quickly about Lucifer.

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
Love that Clark caught on so quickly about Lucifer.

Yeah, we thought that Clark would pick up on something being not-quite-human about Lucifer reasonably quickly- even without him hoisting pianos laugh

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Another great chapter. I was wondering how quickly they would learn each other’s secrets. A nice reveal - especially loved Licifer throwing the knife. Would have liked to know why Lucifer believed that the knife would have killed Clark - would not be in Lucifer’s character to kill or even harm until he knew someone deserved punishment. I assume we will get some more information about the favor done for Luthor - a great plot idea. Thanks for writing.

Last edited by AndyG; 09/16/18 10:09 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice part. I love the part with the Brittanies and Clark trying to make a run for it. lol Very Lucifer and I can tell you two had fun writing this part of two super-powered beings trading stories about their woes. Looking forward to the next part.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Sorry for the late reply to feedback!

AndyG- thank you! smile We thought the favour for Luthor was a nice touch

Val- the Brittanies were E's idea and they were so funny we had to include them lol And you're right, we had a blast

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Endela and Feli!

Besides that, there was something behind the man’s eyes that set the hairs on the back of Clark’s neck to standing. Something that he couldn’t put a name to.
Let me guess: the capacity for unbridled lust and passion. It’s a grave danger to Clark’s non-existent romantic relationship with his partner.

Deliberately he’d chosen to remain in his dark business suit,
I wonder if some of the resident angels also take flight in the night.

There. In an open-plan penthouse atop an Art Deco building, a man was nonchalantly holding a grand piano in the air. With one hand.
So, Clark didn’t even bother to properly research his romantic foes?

LEX: /grades Kent an ‘F’ in Stalking 101/

Quickly Clark made his way down the stairs and to an out-of-the-way booth a discreet distance from the piano.

He settled into the shadowiest part of the booth,
I wonder if Mazekeen’s daggers can cut Kryptonian skin.

Had he somehow missed one? Had there been someone like him- another Kryptonian- living in Los Angeles all this time?
Could a Kryptonian with full control over his telepathic abilities pull the tricks Lucifer does? What if Lucifer is actually a Kryptonian with a schizophrenic personality disorder? Oh, and the devil face and the wings, they are just tricks his mind plays on the unsuspecting Earthlings.

Clark looked around wildly, suppressing a jump of surprise when he realised he was no longer alone in the booth.
LUCIFER: Well, hello there Mr. Kent. So wonderful to see you. Would you like me to show you my private quarters?

Lucifer was fairly certain that this man was too hung up on his work partner to have another woman lurking about anywhere.
Yes, but Lucifer made a pass at her and he has no idea to what psychopathic lengths a stalker can go to get rid of his competition. Why, he even invented an entire underworld organization only to pin it on his most recent foe in the romantic pursuit of Lois Lane.

Clark looked down into his glass and did his best to exude harmlessness. “Nightclub owner and civilian consultant for the LAPD. You’ve got a lot on your plate. Why do you do it?”
Because it’s fun, of course!

Lucifer grinned, “Lux is my business. Working with the Detective is a sideline.”
So, Chloe’s his sidepiece?

But then, could Clark really blame him? The sudden appearance of Lucifer in the booth beside him argued that he possessed some amount of superhuman speed. What other powers did he have?
Flight. Strength. Invulnerability. 100% success rate with men and 99.999999999% success rate with women.

He blushed as he translated some of the carvings on the ancient Assyrian sandstone walls around Lucifer’s bedroom area; we definitely have different ideas about appropriate decor, he thought ruefully.
So, did Clark just find another reprint of the Kama Sutra.

“What the hell?” Lucifer breathed as the demon steel clattered to the marble floor. Kent was examining a shallow scratch on his arm where the dagger had connected.
Lookie there, it *can* break his skin.

He looked up, suddenly both alarmed and furious. He’d known that Lucifer was suspicious of him, but an outright attack? Had he lost his mind? What if Clark had been a human being? He’d be dead right now with that wicked-looking dagger embedded in his chest!
Well, yes, but angels are forbidden from sending humans into early retirement so it’s highly unlikely that Lucifer had meant this to be a killing blow.

In a few long strides, Lucifer was in front of Kent, wrapping his hand around the shorter man’s throat and hoisting him into the air. “What are you?” he growled.
Oh boy. So, I take it that the Kryptonian will not be happy?

“Kryptonian?” Lucifer echoed in surprise before realisation dawned. “So you’re the famous Superman.” He lowered Kent to the floor and let go. “You weren’t sent by my father at all, were you?”
No, Clark was sent by his own father, Jor-El, who may or may not trace his lineage back to Rao. You could say they are distant cousins.

Amenadiel’s eyes widened with outrage. “I did not fall!” he objected, “I may have… stumbled.”
Yes, in and out of a demon – multiple times – and then in and out of a human, also multiple times.

Maybe a forked tail?”
Huh, that would explain his…popularity with the women in his life.

“Clark?” Lucifer waved a hand in front of his face. “See look Amenadiel, now you’ve broken him.”
laugh

“Yes, there was quite an influx of Kryptonian souls into Hell as I recall,” said Lucifer, striving for a sympathetic tone.
jawdrop
RAO: I had to outsource. Capacity issues, I’m sure you understand.

So our paper sent Lois and I out to look into it.”
[Linked Image] ‘me’

“So tell me, Mr Kent… what is it that you want?”

“Excuse me?”
[Linked Image]

“What is it that you desire?” His mouth quirked into a grin, enjoying making this superhuman being spill his secrets.
CLARK: Lois.

“Luthor?” Lucifer questioned, wondering if it could possibly be the man he’d done a favour for nearly thirty years earlier.
So, oops?

The Kryptonian in front of him was evidently as deeply in love with his Lois as Lucifer himself was with the Detective.
LINDA: What we call a breakthrough.

And just like the Detective had, the woman that Clark evidently loved seemed likely to choose a criminal.
Well, they do have such nice apples.

Clark turned to face Lucifer with a frown, his cape flapping with the sudden motion, but froze when he saw Lucifer's delighted expression.

"So that's what you're hiding! I'm surprised Mum didn't give you a little frill in the front as well."
rotflol

Lucifer chuckled gleefully. “Oh, he blushes! Could it be, brother dear? Our Clark seems to still be quite the innocent!”
UNICORNS: [Linked Image]

You deserve to let your hair down, my Kryptonian friend, and I’m just the chap to make it happen.
Oh boy. Someone just became a pet project.

Well, this story *is* highly addictive. See you guys in part 4 soon!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard