Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Feedback folder.

This story is now 7 chapters (one of the later chapters ended up getting split), a prologue and an epilogue, and we'll still be posting once a week

Edited for spelling

Last edited by Endelda; 09/07/18 05:40 PM.

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I was anxiously awaiting this chapter and you didn’t disappoint. You got Chloe and Lucifer’s tone and repartee exactly right. The way you got all 4 together made sense and flowed naturally. Will be interesting to see what happens when Superman meets Lucifer. Thanks for writing

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This is a fun crossover. I love Lois' reaction to Lucifer.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I almost feel bad for Lois. Almost Because then I remember this is set around the time she was seeing Luthor and trampling all over Clark's heart.

Great job capturing the characters in a believable setting like this. Flow is true to both shows. wink

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! Great chapter! As one of the few who hasn't (yet) watched Lucifer, I thought this flowed perfectly! Crossovers are hard because it's tough to get the flow of both shows to feel natural without sacrificing one set of characters or the other. But what you guys have done here is fabulous and flows very smoothly!

The murder case in itself is very interesting. I definitely forsee Lois and Chloe clashing, and Clark and Lucifer, and Lois and Clark, given the time frame, and probably Chloe and Lucifer... I'm excited for all the bickering and drama to unfold! I wonder, will Lucifer's abilities have any influence over Clark? Or will he be immune to it? I loved Lois'reaction too lol swayed a little by his charms, and then immediately angered by him. Will they figure out Lucifer's secret? The trick he's using isn't exactly subtle... But then again, he tells everyone he's the devil, so he's kind of taking the opposite tack that Clark takes.

Ooh. Now that I've thought about it, I kinda hope Lucifer's powers work on Clark, and he either confesses his love to Lois or confesses he hates Lex (or, you know, the big secret).

Can't wait for more! Is it really a week away? Rats.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by AndyG
I was anxiously awaiting this chapter and you didn’t disappoint. You got Chloe and Lucifer’s tone and repartee exactly right. The way you got all 4 together made sense and flowed naturally.

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the way we captured the Deckerstar interactions, and I'm so relieved that it's flowing as well to readers as it did to us smile

Originally Posted by scifiJoan
This is a fun crossover. I love Lois' reaction to Lucifer.

Thanks Joan! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and we were giggling our behinds off writing the Lois/Lucifer meetup smile1

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I almost feel bad for Lois. Almost Because then I remember this is set around the time she was seeing Luthor and trampling all over Clark's heart.

Yes, this is immediately pre Power Stomp and right in the middle of Nobody's Opinion But Mine Matters. Not her most attractive phase, imo.

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Great job capturing the characters in a believable setting like this. Flow is true to both shows.

Thank you! We were really hoping that the setting and the flow would work well for everyone!

Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Crossovers are hard because it's tough to get the flow of both shows to feel natural without sacrificing one set of characters or the other. But what you guys have done here is fabulous and flows very smoothly!

Thanks Mouse! We tried really hard to get the crossover blend right and keep it from being a Lucifer fic with a taste of L&C or vice versa. I'm glad to hear it's flowing well so far!

The murder case in itself is very interesting. I definitely forsee Lois and Chloe clashing, and Clark and Lucifer, and Lois and Clark, given the time frame, and probably Chloe and Lucifer... I'm excited for all the bickering and drama to unfold!

Not to worry, there's plenty of clashing to come, and sparks flying in all directions [Linked Image]

I wonder, will Lucifer's abilities have any influence over Clark? Or will he be immune to it?

[Linked Image]

Yes, it really is a whole week til the next update (sorry). I'll be at a con meeting Dean *loud squealing* next Friday, so Feli will be posting the next chapter grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
WOW. I can't believe how much attention our crossover is getting- especially as its a bit of an unorthodox blend of shows laugh

AndyG- thank you! Getting their repartee right was fun (and required watching a lot of Lucifer... how terrible for us wink )

scifiJoan- hahahaha yes! As E said, we giggled like mad things writing Lois and Lucifer meeting. Can't have Lois immune to the Morningstar charm.

Val- thank you! And thanks for putting up with us obsessing over the story in Hangouts lately smile

Mouse- Lucifer doesn't do subtle lol. He's more of a 'live out loud' kind of Devil, his tricks included. And yes, you will have to wait a week for more answers lol

Thanks everyone! With a response like this, I may be able to talk E into a sequel grovel

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Logged in from lurking to say: I haven't had a chance to start reading this, yet, but I'm so excited! Lucifer is my latest obsession. It's so great to see a crossover marrying one of my old loves with one of my new ones laugh Just a thought - you might also want to post this on Ao3 since that's where the Lucifer fandom primarily resides, fanfic-wise. Anyway, I'll be back to read as soon as I get a chance smile Thanks for sharing this!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Aria
Just a thought - you might also want to post this on Ao3 since that's where the Lucifer fandom primarily resides, fanfic-wise. Anyway, I'll be back to read as soon as I get a chance smile Thanks for sharing this!

They have it there and on Fanfiction.net

A03 Link

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Whoops, thanks smile Missed that since I only skimmed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Endela and Feli!
Time for one more hyper

“This is a waste of time.”

Clark Kent looked at his partner, doing his best to hide his exasperation. She hadn’t failed to make her displeasure at this cross-country trip known at any step of the way.
That’s what he gets for not telling her the truth. Grumpy Lois complaining about the nuts served in the economy class instead of a happy travel companion nestled in his arms.

“I just don’t see how some detective in Los Angeles can help us find out who The Boss is in Metropolis, Clark.”
What’s his game? He already knows so he must believe that Det. Decker has some irrefutable proof.
CHLOE: huh My partner, Lucifer, he looks at people and says they are guilty.
LOIS: [Linked Image] That what my partner does, too!
CHLOE :They usually turn out to be guilty.

reminding her that Carl ‘The Artist’ Stephens had been linked to at least a dozen murders and had long been suspected of being an enforcer for The Boss
Lookie there…

he heard a heavyset man
Oh boy, considering they both played Clark Kent rotflol

He didn’t often dislike people on sight, but apparently there were exceptions to every rule.
Well, to be fair, Cain, Luthor…

“A civilian consultant? Isn’t that unusual?” asked Lois, ignoring Chloe’s question to satisfy her own curiosity.
Well, no more so than Metropolis’s own Det. Kate Beckett with her civilian consultant Richard Castle.

“Oh boy,” Chloe muttered under her breath. As she expected, Lucifer practically ignored Kent, holding out his hand to Lois.
I do wonder what will happen when a celestial creature and the devil touch.

Lois froze for a moment, wide-eyed as she realized what she'd done. She snatched her hand back and set it on her hip. "Lois Lane, Daily Planet," she snapped out. "This is my partner, Clark Kent."
Oh look, now Lois has *four* crushes.

LOIS: Excuse me?

Well, Superman, Lex, Clark, and now Lucifer.

LOIS: *Clark*? I mean, that’s ridiculous. I don’t have *any* crushes.

The bruising, the injury to the back of his head, they could have been accidental.”
Yes, he could have been frolicking with the fairer sex and had an accident with the headboard.
LUCIFER: You wouldn’t believe the number of guests I’ve had to entertain due to this particular situation happening.

“I know the drill, Detective. I was doing this while you were still making teen movies,” commented Lois snarkily.
Ooooh, burn. Although, umm…there’s a timeline issue. Lois is in her fifth year as a reporter, Chloe was already a uniform ten years ago, considering Trixi’s age, so, Hot Tub High School was twelve-ish years ago? This means, Lois saw the movie with her friends in middle school.
LOIS: So? I was also investigating the Case of the Mystery Meat. Turns out it was tofu.

and as she’d long feared, Hot Tub High School was never going to stop haunting her.
That, and the Internet never forgets. Especially movies where the lead gets naked.

“You don’t know that, Lois. Look, you saw the file. These two have the highest arrest and conviction rate in the precinct.”
They could actually get that by forging evidence.

“Did you read the same file I did, Clark? She’s a former B-list actress and he owns a nightclub!
B-list? Wow, she’s generous, isn’t she? And Lois hasn’t even seen Lucifer naked, yet.

She didn’t normally react to any man that way- with Superman being a notable exception- and if she did find a man attractive, she was usually much better at containing it.
Hey, what if this Lucifer Morningstar is the secret identity of Superman? That would explain a lot, wouldn’t it?

“What is it you truly desire? What’s your darkest fantasy?”

“I want-“
Prima Ballerina.

“I want my wife to stop sleeping with her boss.”
jawdrop rotflol

“I thought you didn’t understand jealousy.” She gave him a puzzled look.

“Yes, well, things change,” he replied with a flick of his eyes towards her.
laugh

Her ex-husband shook his head, stalking angrily off down the corridor. Her jaw tightened and she gave an annoyed snort before turning back to the interview room. First Pierce, then Dan, and now she had to go look after Lucifer and a pair of reporters.

“Great.”
Very cute erm good setup!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi Michael! [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
What’s his game? He already knows so he must believe that Det. Decker has some irrefutable proof.
Well, as we all know Clark usually has something up his sleeve - usually Spandex wink

Oh boy, considering they both played Clark Kent rotflol
hehehe neither of us cared for Cain (surprise!)

Well, no more so than Metropolis’s own Det. Kate Beckett with her civilian consultant Richard Castle.
Was that really set in Metropolis? I saw a few eps here and there, but I thought it was in a "real world" city

I do wonder what will happen when a celestial creature and the devil touch.
[Linked Image] very clever, sir! wink

Oh look, now Lois has *four* crushes.

LOIS: Excuse me?

Well, Superman, Lex, Clark, and now Lucifer.

LOIS: *Clark*? I mean, that’s ridiculous. I don’t have *any* crushes.
And only one that she'll admit to! Poor repressed Lois

Ooooh, burn. Although, umm…there’s a timeline issue. Lois is in her fifth year as a reporter, Chloe was already a uniform ten years ago, considering Trixi’s age, so, Hot Tub High School was twelve-ish years ago? This means, Lois saw the movie with her friends in middle school.
In my head, Lois found out about HTHS when she was investigating Chloe and Lucifer to find out who she was being forced to fly cross-country to work with. Her watching it with her friends as a giggling pre-teen is more amusing though, so I'm sticking with that from now on grin

Very cute erm good setup!
[Linked Image] tyvm!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Endela!
hehehe neither of us cared for Cain (surprise!)
Yeah, although, he might not actually have reached ‘Deter’ level.

Was that really set in Metropolis? I saw a few eps here and there, but I thought it was in a "real world" city
No, New York. But since Metropolis is a stand-in for New York, I figured this would work.

ER: I do wonder what will happen when a celestial creature and the devil touch.

W: /mildly amused by attempt at cutery / very clever, sir! wink
Thank you smile

Her watching it with her friends as a giggling pre-teen is more amusing though, so I'm sticking with that from now on
You’re welcome!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard