Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#281832 09/09/18 02:12 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A/N: So apparently I needed some waffiness in my life. Here is the result. Set during Contact when Lois has a nightmare and rushes over to Clark's. This time Lois gets a chance to say what she was trying to say before Clark found the puncture mark on her neck.

It has a happy ending. There is an epilogue but it's n-rated razz

Fade Into You

All comments welcome.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww very cute and I like your version way better than the original.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I like when characters sit down and talk instead of causing all sorts of problems by not talking. Cute story.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm all for a little waffiness! I do so love when people take parts of episodes and twist them into things we like better wink That's half the fun of fanfic.

I don't rewatch Contact much because of the ending - I don't like it when our heroes are apart! However, I do remember the part of the ep that you used as your starting point, and I think it's a great choice. I always wanted her to finish her thought - and kiss him! - because she totally looked like she was going to do just that.

Thanks for rewriting this one! Your ending was adorable:

“Your decision being?” he murmured against her lips.

“Yes,” she sighed happily against him, deepening the kiss. “Even if you do have selective hearing.”

So cute! Nice job!

Tracey smile

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by jackiek
Aww very cute and I like your version way better than the original.

Thanks jackiek wave

I'm glad you liked my take on this episode that ended with all the fans around the world screaming "Nooooooo!" at Clark the bonehead aka Superman the Lunkhead. I figured Lois would be able to calm his unfounded fears and get him to see what a dolt he was for even thinking like that.

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I like when characters sit down and talk instead of causing all sorts of problems by not talking. Cute story.

Hey mrsMxyzptlk! wave

Imagine that? A world where two adults sit down and talk to one another and work out thier problems. I'm not a big fan of ignoring problems unless there's a contributing factor to it. (ie: trauma, major life change, etc...). Most adults I know can talk to other adults and work out their problems so why can't these two? lol

Originally Posted by traceylynn
I'm all for a little waffiness! I do so love when people take parts of episodes and twist them into things we like better wink That's half the fun of fanfic.

I don't rewatch Contact much because of the ending - I don't like it when our heroes are apart! However, I do remember the part of the ep that you used as your starting point, and I think it's a great choice. I always wanted her to finish her thought - and kiss him! - because she totally looked like she was going to do just that.

Thanks for rewriting this one! Your ending was adorable:

“Yes,” she sighed happily against him, deepening the kiss. “Even if you do have selective hearing.”

So cute! Nice job!

Tracey smile

Hey Tracey! hyper

I have to admit I had a hard time watching this episode after the first time I watched it because I knew what was coming. It was like watching a horror movie where the girl goes into the basement with the axe murderer and you're screaming at the screen, "No, don't go in there you idiot! Run!"

But given all that I do think this part would have been better if Clark didn't constantly keep interupting Lois. I mean, first in HoL where he lies to her face about having feelings then getting her distracted with finding that pesky puncture mark on her neck and again when he decides he needs to break up with her for her own good.

Anyway, enough about my tangent on cannon. I'm glad you enjoyed my take on it. Waffiness is very fun! I corrected a few wrongs and took some liberties with the body language that was in the show where ---Yes, I agree she was totally going to kiss him-- wrongs needed to be righted and lunkheads needed to be talked down.

Thanks for commenting everyone.

If you hadn't noticed I did edit the original post to add in a PG version of the epilogue at the end.

Fade Into You

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I love the added epilogue. Short but perfectly sweet.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by jackiek
I love the added epilogue. Short but perfectly sweet.

Thanks jackiek!

I'm glad you enjoyed the little addition.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Valerie!

That line alone leaves room for so much double entendre clap

Why couldn’t he just have what everyone else had?
To be fair, not everyone else had Lois.

Here he was the strongest man in the world able to bend steel bars over his head
I hope she remembers that sense of awe when mister Bonehead here does something boneheaded the next time.

“In fact, I want you to know. I mean, I think I’m ready to…” She let out a sheepish giggle as she looked back up at him. “I am sucking the romance out of this like a vacuum.”
jawdrop

She sighed, leaning into him and capturing his mouth with hers, running her hands up and down the sides of his face. “Yes,” She whispered her lips against his and added, “My answer is yes,”
Oh, *that* one. And here I thought. I guess because of the nfic mention at the top…

She had taken the plunge and put herself out there, and he had said….nothing.
So, basically, he’s in trouble?

“Are you seriously trying to pretend you didn’t hear me?” Lois snapped angrily. “I mean, selective hearing might be a stretch when you can hear cries for help from across town.” She huffed angrily.
Yes, he’s in big trouble. Might require a Clark-shaped chocolate treat to get her over this.

“If anyone’s the jinx, it’s me,” Lois let out a sigh. “No matter which story I try to cover it always ends in a big front-page piece with at least one person threatening to kill me.”
Dog show.
LOIS: Been there. Discovered a pony smuggling ring in the back of the dog show. Got thrown *off* one of the ponies. Got a page one out of it.

Obituaries:
LOIS: *Really*? Resurrection ring any bells?

Fashion column:
LOIS: Cat almost killed me when I critiqued her…dress.

“It was nothing,” she sighed happily as she leaned into him. “I just made a decision.”

“What decision?” he asked as his hands moved up the lower part of her back and she let out a moan as the intensity of his kisses grew.

“Your proposal,” she let out a low moan as he pulled her closer, allowing her legs to move across his lap, so she was hovering over him. His hand moved to cup her cheek as his mouth captured hers.

clap

“Nightstand?” she looked at him curiously.
Whatever she might be thinking evil

Adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
That line alone leaves room for so much double entendre clap

rotflol angel-devil

Why couldn’t he just have what everyone else had?
To be fair, not everyone else had Lois.

Right???

Here he was the strongest man in the world able to bend steel bars over his head
I hope she remembers that sense of awe when mister Bonehead here does something boneheaded the next time.

As we're sure he will.

“In fact, I want you to know. I mean, I think I’m ready to…” She let out a sheepish giggle as she looked back up at him. “I am sucking the romance out of this like a vacuum.”
jawdrop

PG! This version is PG Michael...

She sighed, leaning into him and capturing his mouth with hers, running her hands up and down the sides of his face. “Yes,” She whispered her lips against his and added, “My answer is yes,”
Oh, *that* one. And here I thought. I guess because of the nfic mention at the top…

Suuuurrrrreeee wink

She had taken the plunge and put herself out there, and he had said….nothing.
So, basically, he’s in trouble?

Yup, it would seem so.

“Are you seriously trying to pretend you didn’t hear me?” Lois snapped angrily. “I mean, selective hearing might be a stretch when you can hear cries for help from across town.” She huffed angrily.
Yes, he’s in big trouble. Might require a Clark-shaped chocolate treat to get her over this.

Clark-shaped a must. Chocolate not necessarily... evil

“If anyone’s the jinx, it’s me,” Lois let out a sigh. “No matter which story I try to cover it always ends in a big front-page piece with at least one person threatening to kill me.”
Dog show.
LOIS: Been there. Discovered a pony smuggling ring in the back of the dog show. Got thrown *off* one of the ponies. Got a page one out of it.

Obituaries:
LOIS: *Really*? Resurrection ring any bells?

Fashion column:
LOIS: Cat almost killed me when I critiqued her…dress.

**snork**

Poor Lois can't catch a break.

“It was nothing,” she sighed happily as she leaned into him. “I just made a decision.”

“What decision?” he asked as his hands moved up the lower part of her back and she let out a moan as the intensity of his kisses grew.

“Your proposal,” she let out a low moan as he pulled her closer, allowing her legs to move across his lap, so she was hovering over him. His hand moved to cup her cheek as his mouth captured hers.

clap

thumbsup

“Nightstand?” she looked at him curiously.
Whatever she might be thinking evil

Adorable!

wave Michael

Thanks Michael! wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

As we're sure he will.
CLARK: It’s genetic. The yellow sun is damaging my common sense!

Poor Lois can't catch a break.
Nope. Otherwise, where would be the fun?
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard