Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wendy! Finally, you responded to the challenge! Now, I know you're distracted by those... other people... but I'm glad you came back to finish this! (Cause, you know if Tank had to finish it.... *shudder* wink )

I like the way you finished this. Sometimes the best way to get a person to see reason is to turn it around on them. And Lois did it perfectly. Not only getting Clark on the defensive, but using logic, too. And *then* convinced him that he could have a life! Loved it.

(And Tank, I was just kidding. laugh )

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wendy, do you know how envious I get when you write this?
The dumpster was cordoned off with police tape. A van bearing the marking of the forensic department was parked nearby, along with two black-and-whites. A couple of uniformed officers stood guard as a man and a woman, dressed in overalls, masks and gloves, as well as protective shoe-coverings, examined the blood-spattered dumpster in minute detail.
Ahh, Wendy! Why is it that you can use your words so perfectly to show this scene so vividly? How unfair is it that I might have located "dumpster" and "cordon off" in my dictionary (but probably not), couldn't have come up with the black-and-whites, and would have been lucky to even dredge up the "forensic department" from the deepest recesses of my mind, would never have thought of the van bearing the marking of it, and would have been damn lucky if I managed to dress those two people in overalls and protective shoe coverings? Where is the "stomp foot, life is unfair" icon when you need it? smile1 thumbsup clap jump

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
thumbsup

Kerth
Kerth
You know, Wendy, you should use the blue arrow... I nearly missed this!! wink

Good work Wendy, didn't lose your touch laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great, Wendy! smile1
I like very much how you solved the situation, very good! thumbsup

simona smile

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Once again Wendy struts her stuff and easily manuvers her way out of any situation I provide her. But I didn't think it would really be this easy for her.

The fact that she was able to alleviate Clark's main guilt was clever though it did dodge the issue just a bit.

Typically Lois was able to look at the situation logically (after her initial emotions were fed and then put to bed)and dismiss any personal guilt and focus on what she needed to do to 'help' the man she realizes she loves.

Since I've never come close to 'stumping' Wendy I could just give up on these challenges, but somehow I think that sometime, somewhere, somehow, another one will pop into my fevered brain and with hope springing eternal, I'll give it another shot.

Tank (who is just glad that Wendy is too busy with 'other things' now to ever fire back)

P.S. I've been contacted by, and have noticed in the previous thread that others have been intriqued enough by this set up to have written up there own variations on the theme. That's pretty cool. Now this is a Tank and Wendy challenge (as opposed to a Wendy and Tank challenge, since I went first)and this will represent the final version that goes into the archives. But if others are so compelled, I don't see why anyone would object to seeing other takes on this idea. I say, let this one sit for a couple more days to allow more folcs a chance to read Wendy's response, then if others wish to post there versions, I say the more the merrier. What do the gentle readers think?

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
To respond to Tank, yes, I'd vote to see other ways to complete this story. I was privileged to beta someone's part 2 (I won't divulge the writer's name) and I thought it was good. It took a completely different tack from Wendy's response, but it was also very good and I hope that person posts it later this week.

As for Wendy's completion of this challenge, I say Bravo! I understand why Lois (and many readers) would be angry that Clark didn't divulge his secret any sooner than he did, but while I don't think I would have written it that way (and don't entirely approve), I can sort of understand it. I'm glad she was able to step back and think logically about her relationship. So many people (both men and women) never do that. Kudos to Wendy for coming up with such a tender and reasonable ending to Tank's challenge. I look forward to reading the next one.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent response! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, you really are a master, and you've crafted this carefully and wonderfully. I love these moments you've created that get right to the heart of the matter from...
“Superman!” One of the officers had seen him as he landed. “Pity you weren’t here last night. Girl that died in there could’ve used your help.”
... which makes me want to yell at this man, "shut up! He's doing enough of a number on himself!!"

To...
I’m sorry. I never heard her screaming.”

The officer shrugged. “Guess you can’t hear everyone.”

That was true. He didn’t hear everyone.
... where Clark is forced to admit that he can only do so much - he cannot save the world (except from asteroids and stuff wink )

And this! My god!
There was blood everywhere. In the dumpster, in the collection of bags of evidence lying to the side, on the forensic officers’ overalls.

He saw that blood all the way home. The Metropolis skyline was tinged with crimson. His suit had more red than usual. He closed his eyes and saw red.

And, as he pushed open the door leading into his apartment, he saw it on his skin. Blood on his hands.
eek Chilling. Fantastic goofy

I told you it was your last chance. I swore that if you ran out on me again I’d never agree to go out with you again. What choice did you have?”

He frowned. “There’s always a choice, Lois. I made it. It was my decision.”

“Yeah, but you shouldn’t have had to make it.” She reached for his hands, holding them in hers. “If you’d felt able to tell me that you were Superman, you’d never have had to make that decision last night. Because you’d have been able to tell me you had to leave, and I’d have known why. I’d never have given you that ultimatum about running off, either, because I’d have known why you had to run off. So it’s my fault, Clark, not yours. Because I made it impossible for you to tell me about Superman. It’s my fault she died.”

He stared at her in disbelief. How could she possibly think that?
BINGO BINGO... BINGO!

All in all, this was great!

Nicole smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You solved this so wonderfully, Wendy! goofy

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great fix Wendy and it is nice to read your work on the boards again. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I just saw the completed piece on the archive and wanted to complement you, Wendy. Reading the first part that Tank posted broke my heart. You beautifully illustrated why Lois and Clark make such a great pair as you resolved Tank's challenge. Happy belated birthday!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard