Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Fic is here! Hope you enjoyed!

This spawned from a convo with folc4evernaday, where I asked what would become of poor Clark if Lex were to die of natural causes in the next sentence. She then told me the idea of Lex dying of natural causes seemed ridiculous because of how often he's died in the show and in fics. That in turn launched the "Natural Causes" challenge here and this came out of it. goofy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Lol, I almost think this is true justice for Luthor, to die in a way that has nothing going to do with anything instead of from the consequences of his actions. Kind of like dying in a random mugging or an auto accident. Just completely by chance. Thanks for sharing, mouserocks!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow! Well done! I wish it would have happened this way in the series. Would have saved Lois & Clark (and us) so many hardships.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Deliciously evil, Mouse! Love it! Seems poetic somehow, that the self-proclaimed god finds himself powerless and at the mercy of God/fate/the universe. And, of course, in true Luthor fashion, he's still touting how great he is, rather than focus on his (rapidly decreasing) mortality and time left on Earth. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Lol, I almost think this is true justice for Luthor, to die in a way that has nothing going to do with anything instead of from the consequences of his actions. Kind of like dying in a random mugging or an auto accident. Just completely by chance. Thanks for sharing, mouserocks!

Hahaha, glad you liked it! I thought so too. It's something Lex would never expect of himself. I think his suicide in the series goes to show that he's such a control freak that he'd even take the terms of his death into his own hands. So it was fun to take that control away. Thanks for commenting!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by jackiek
Wow! Well done! I wish it would have happened this way in the series. Would have saved Lois & Clark (and us) so many hardships.

lol Yep! Would have solved some problems, but I'm sure it would have caused some others. With Clark's luck, Lois would have romanticized Lex's heart attack and mourned for months, if not years after, thereby ruining his own life in the process. Or Clark might not have escaped. Or Nigel could have found Lex and taken over, trying to become an even bigger, badder Boss...

But it still was fun to explore, and it seemed to be justice served! Glad you liked!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Deliciously evil, Mouse! Love it! Seems poetic somehow, that the self-proclaimed god finds himself powerless and at the mercy of God/fate/the universe. And, of course, in true Luthor fashion, he's still touting how great he is, rather than focus on his (rapidly decreasing) mortality and time left on Earth. Well done!

Haha, thanks! I was shooting for poetic goofy so glad all that came across! Luthor's not much for reflecting on his life, but the irony of it all made it too sweet to resist. Thanks for the comment!

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love that after all that planning Lex succumbed before he could reap his reward --from something as common as a heart attack no less. Given his false sense of Godlihood it's highly ironic that Lex would lose his life to something so...common. Nicely done. laugh

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Like the mighty Alexander the Great, my hero, my namesake, I am a conqueror. I am ruthless where needed, gracious where asked. Humanity reveres me, hails me a hero. The smart fear me, get out of my way. The innocent hope to catch a glimpse, to touch the hem of my garments. The rest get trampled underfoot, and still I’m respected for it, applauded.

Hmmm, comparing yourself to Alexander the Great does make a weird kind of sense, after all, he did kill his best friend while roaring drunk. Maybe that is the reason why Lex holds himself in rigid control?

You can’t take any of it with you, but I’ll die atop my pile of money, at the top of my tower, at the height of my fame and popularity, and still be laughing all the way to the grave.

So sad. He might laugh at those last fleeting moments, but later on their will be no one to mourn him. Perhaps that is the greatest tragedy.

Excellent work Mouse!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A great fic that perfectly captures Luthor’s megalomania till the (very) end. Bravo, Mouserock! I enjoyed it very much. smile1

What a bitter irony if Luthor could have been saved, if he had called out! This paragraph was a great morsel inside Lex’s psychology, as was the Alexander the Great pattern.

Columnist
Columnist
To get into Lex's mind. You are right he was no Superman, but he sure thought he was. Enjoyed this very much.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!

Like the mighty Alexander the Great, my hero, my namesake, I am a conqueror.
Yeah, and in the end he ventured too far out into the world and met with a force he couldn’t defeat.

Like Napoleon Bonaparte, at the cusp of world domination, leading the charge on horseback, sword drawn one moment and blood drawn the next.
And just like him, he got defeated when he bit oof more than he could chew and then returned, only get defeated even more soundly. (The buzzing when he gripped the high-voltage lines was louder than the splat he made the first time.)

Like Attila the Hun, I stride across borders, taking and claiming everything that’s before me.
Yep, Attila, too, passed beyond the veil on his wedding day.

Like Julius Caesar, I am a dictator.
Et tu, Brute?

But perhaps I’m not Caesar. Perhaps I'm more like Marcus Antonius.
The love of a woman brought him to his knees.

I’ll earn her, just like I earned my place in society, and then I’ll possess her, body and soul. I shudder in delight at the prospect. I’m so close.
Yes, and in the end Cleopatra sold him out, trying to save her own skin.

Truthfully, though, I’m none of these in comparison to how much I am Hades.[…] Irredeemable, but for one saving grace: my love, my heart, my Persephone.
And once she partook from the fruits of the underworld, she, too, was destined to a life in the dark. Just like he tried to have Lois pull the trigger on Superclark.

. What wouldn’t I give, now, as my blood stills in my veins and my breath stills in my chest, for one more day? Wouldn’t I cast every dollar I’ve made, every last worthless penny, at the foot of any saint standing in a fountain that might save my life?
Yeah…nah…

I’m in my office, on the ground, in my tuxedo, dying.
Oops? Maybe Mrs. Cox poisoned him?

You can’t take any of it with you, but I’ll die atop my pile of money, at the top of my tower, at the height of my fame and popularity, and still be laughing all the way to the grave.

Top of the world.
Yeah, he probably didn’t plan for the time after he was gone, did he?

I guess given his heart condition, it was a good thing he never actually got married to Lois, huh?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I love that after all that planning Lex succumbed before he could reap his reward --from something as common as a heart attack no less. Given his false sense of Godlihood it's highly ironic that Lex would lose his life to something so...common. Nicely done. laugh

Thanks! I thought it was appropriate lol. Sorry I'm getting around to commenting so late on this. goofy

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmmm, comparing yourself to Alexander the Great does make a weird kind of sense, after all, he did kill his best friend while roaring drunk. Maybe that is the reason why Lex holds himself in rigid control?
Hmm... You know we've seen glimpses of Luthors past through some fics in the past (yours in particular comes to mind Morgana smile ). But I'd love to see more pics that explore Lex's life before the show, maybe how he gets out of trouble, etc... I smell a challenge coming on...

So sad. He might laugh at those last fleeting moments, but later on their will be no one to mourn him. Perhaps that is the greatest tragedy.

Excellent work Mouse!

Thanks! Yeah, I thought it would be fitting to have him perih so unspectacularly, and for a moment I debated giving him a fourth quarter change of heart but... Nah. It's Lex Luthor. He's rotten to the core. evil Glad you enjoyed!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
A great fic that perfectly captures Luthor’s megalomania till the (very) end. Bravo, Mouserock! I enjoyed it very much.
What a bitter irony if Luthor could have been saved, if he had called out! This paragraph was a great morsel inside Lex’s psychology, as was the Alexander the Great pattern.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed! I thought the pattern would be a great way to showcase just how off the rocker he got. His level of megalomania is only paralleled by these figures and a few others.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
To get into Lex's mind. You are right he was no Superman, but he sure thought he was. Enjoyed this very much.

Large part of why I think Lex goes after Superman so much is jealousy, or perhaps more like envy that anyone could surpass him in any way. Glad you enjoyed!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Mouse!
wave Hi, Michael!

Yeah, and in the end he ventured too far out into the world and met with a force he couldn’t defeat.
Yep. There was a double sided purpose for choosing all these "great leaders" according to Lex. Lex clearly never heard that if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.

And just like him, he got defeated when he bit oof more than he could chew and then returned, only get defeated even more soundly. (The buzzing when he gripped the high-voltage lines was louder than the splat he made the first time.)
*snort* rotflol

Yep, Attila, too, passed beyond the veil on his wedding day.
shock Okay, that one I didn't know. Very fortuitous coincidence.

The love of a woman brought him to his knees.
Bingo!

Yes, and in the end Cleopatra sold him out, trying to save her own skin.
I know! Isn't this a fun compare and contrast? I loved playing with these. The Attila thing is still boggling my mind tho haha.

And once she partook from the fruits of the underworld, she, too, was destined to a life in the dark. Just like he tried to have Lois pull the trigger on Superclark.
In Lex's mind, that's exactly what he would plan to happen once they were married. Well, something between that and breaking Lois down completely. Although I don't wonder if Lois had taken a different tack with Lex and pretended to be super interested in the criminal activity side, she could have probably brought him down quicker. The whole "we'll rule the galaxy together" thing might be tempting enough to trap Lex.

Oops? Maybe Mrs. Cox poisoned him?
Haha, that would have been a fun twist.

Yeah, he probably didn’t plan for the time after he was gone, did he?

I guess given his heart condition, it was a good thing he never actually got married to Lois, huh?

*Tires screeching* Aw, man! That would have been good too! Assuming Lex would in fact leave her everything, which of course he wouldn't have... eh, would have required too many changes. And no, I don't imagine Lex planned for his demise ever, save for a contingency plan for resurrection should it happen.

Thanks for your comments, Michael! As always, I had more fun reading them than I did even writing this. goofy wave

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!

Yep. There was a double sided purpose for choosing all these "great leaders" according to Lex. Lex clearly never heard that if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.
LEX: I’ve always been there first!

Okay, that one I didn't know. Very fortuitous coincidence.
Oops smile Yes, he according to available information, he had a nose bleed or some such thing and given he was passed out from excessive partying, drowned in his own blood.

I know! Isn't this a fun compare and contrast? I loved playing with these. The Attila thing is still boggling my mind tho haha.
Yes, it *was* a lot of fun puzzling them together. I’m always one for getting challenged.

The whole "we'll rule the galaxy together" thing might be tempting enough to trap Lex.
rotflol

*Tires screeching* Aw, man! That would have been good too! Assuming Lex would in fact leave her everything, which of course he wouldn't have... eh, would have required too many changes. And no, I don't imagine Lex planned for his demise ever, save for a contingency plan for resurrection should it happen.
laugh Although I *was* referring to his wedding night and strenuous activity detrimental to his heart condition.

Thanks for your comments, Michael! As always, I had more fun reading them than I did even writing this.
You’re very welcome! The one’s with the greatest snark potential are the easiest one to leave fun comments with smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard