Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280838 06/06/18 04:21 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A/N: Okay, so this little snippet was born this morning on the way to work this morning, listening to "Lost in You" by Three Days Grace. No challenge response or anything just a fun idea I had on the second season ARGH at our favorite characters acting like idiots. Rewrite of the end of Target: Jimmy Olsen.

[Linked Image]

Thanks in advance for reading and FDK'ing. All comments welcome.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I don’t want an out.” He took another step toward her, closing the distance between them. “I want my best friend back.”

Sometimes it a few words that sums up the story. These few sentences says it all.

Nicely written

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Another verified incident of Jimmy interruptus. Fun.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Great fic! Now I want to know what is going to happen on that date!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Super cute, Val! And worst case of Jimmy Interruptus ever.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
Awww! Very sweet! sloppy I also loved the line where he said he didn't want an out. Dan's presence wasn't quite so repulsive here either, especially since they both knew what they wanted out of this relationship here. Breaking his promise to be friends wasn't something I considered during the show, but you make it very clear here. Well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
“I don’t want an out.” He took another step toward her, closing the distance between them. “I want my best friend back.”

Sometimes it a few words that sums up the story. These few sentences says it all.

Nicely written

Hi Morgana! Thanks for dropping by to comment. Yes, that was the idea. The change in their friendship became very obvious near the end of Season 2. Got me thinking about the original concerns that were there. The friendship that had been there originally had changed and not for the better. It became painful to watch actually.

Originally Posted by SupesFan
Another verified incident of Jimmy interruptus. Fun.

Well, I had to throw a LITTLE A-Plot in there or this fic would have been a LOT longer.

Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Great fic! Now I want to know what is going to happen on that date!

I MIGHT be tempted to write a second part to this to show the date but right now I'm balancing too many plot bunnies that keep sprouting up. Thanks for commenting.

Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Super cute, Val! And worst case of Jimmy Interruptus ever.

Hey Feli! Thanks for comment. I know, right? Jimmy shows up at the worst time doesn't he? I did my best to stay in the a-plot as much as I could on this one though and he DID show up at Lois' in the ep so there's that.

Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Awww! Very sweet! sloppy I also loved the line where he said he didn't want an out. Dan's presence wasn't quite so repulsive here either, especially since they both knew what they wanted out of this relationship here. Breaking his promise to be friends wasn't something I considered during the show, but you make it very clear here. Well done!

Hey Mouse! wave

Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, this one was a long overdue convo that NEEDED desperately to be had with LnC. Clark didn't want an out or an excuse he just wanted to fix things. LOL rotflol I'm glad Dan didn't repulse you in this fic. Um, was he supposed to?

Yeah, it just sorta came to me as I was writing the flashbacks. She asked what would happen if it bombed and he promised they'd always be friends but that wasn't something he had done. It wasn't something she had done either. They both just let themselves be pulled apart by life and circumstances. You don't hear Clark say how he feels till IR which is kinda ridiculous so this is a huge *NUDGE* to force these lunkheads to talk and work things out. hyper

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very cute and sweet. Very well done!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very sweet story! As others have said, I love that Clark doesn't want an out. And Jimmy! Worst intteruptus but I'm guessing he saved this from getting put on the other side of the boards. wink Please write the date! I wanna see their conversation. Part of me wonders of Lois figured out what Clark is hiding...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Valerie!

<<“Where’s Clark?”

“Right here.”>>

<<“We’ll always be friends.”>>
So, and of HoL.

<<“Oh, Clark, I don’t care if he used Crazy Glue! You’re back!”>>
Or not. I’m guessing somewhere past TOGoM?

<<“A date? You mean a real date? Like where I take out my best perfume, the one I bought after seeing Love Affair, the good one not the remake, and put a dab behind my knee, and I don’t know why?”>>

I do see a pattern. And this might actually go to past the proposal mishap.

[…]
<<“Chocolate will always be there.”>>
I suddenly can see the mirror image of Clark’s musings, just with ‘Chocolate will always be there’ instead of ‘We’ll always be friends’.

He stopped short when he saw the familiar DEA Agent at one of the coffee carts across the street. ‘Not now.’ he thought to himself. He really didn’t want to have to deal with Daniel Scardino so soon after last night.
Superman could probably dump Call-Me-Daniel into an open sewer access.

Every touch, every caress didn’t seem to be able to satisfy her insatiable desire for more. She needed to be closer. She needed to kiss him deeper. She needed to hold him closer. She needed to feel him…
Oh boy. The caught coffee cup could have been a coincidence, easily missed in the heat of passion. But the blue jumper he’s wearing underneath? That should be a dead giveaway when she rips off his shirt.

Much later…
LOIS: Huh, Clark? Why is Superman’s suit lying on my bedroom floor?

If Clark ever had the desire to kill anyone in his life it would have been in that moment he heard Jimmy’s voice echo from the other side of Lois’ door. “Lois? Are you home?”

“Oh, no, no, no, no,” Lois whimpered against his lips, pulling away and resting her forehead against his shoulder.
So, the correct answer would be ‘No, go away!’?

“Anything you want,” he promised.

“Anything?” she challenged.

“Anything.” he leaned into her, sealing his promise with a kiss.
Awww…

This sounds like you might just have done a shortcut all the way to the…probably third wedding. What with Lex’s clones not being ready in time for the first wedding of an upped time table. Two ARGHs with one stone! hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by jackiek
Very cute and sweet. Very well done!

Hey jackiek! wave Thank you and thanks for commenting. Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Very sweet story! As others have said, I love that Clark doesn't want an out. And Jimmy! Worst intteruptus but I'm guessing he saved this from getting put on the other side of the boards. wink Please write the date! I wanna see their conversation. Part of me wonders of Lois figured out what Clark is hiding...

Hey Vicki! Yes, I've got an idea festering and if it makes you feel better I have started the fic. I made this last week so I think that means it's official:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Valerie!

<<“Where’s Clark?”

“Right here.”>>

So, and of HoL.

No, but you're getting the right idea. wink

<<“Oh, Clark, I don’t care if he used Crazy Glue! You’re back!”>>
Or not. I’m guessing somewhere past TOGoM?

You're getting warmer!

<<“A date? You mean a real date? Like where I take out my best perfume, the one I bought after seeing Love Affair, the good one not the remake, and put a dab behind my knee, and I don’t know why?”>>

I do see a pattern. And this might actually go to past the proposal mishap.

Oh, I don't know about that. lol

[…]
<<“Chocolate will always be there.”>>
I suddenly can see the mirror image of Clark’s musings, just with ‘Chocolate will always be there’ instead of ‘We’ll always be friends’.

Now that would be interesting to mesh together. We'll always be friends and Chocolate will always be there.

Lois: Where'd I put that Double Fudge Crunch Bar?
Clark: Wait, what?

He stopped short when he saw the familiar DEA Agent at one of the coffee carts across the street. ‘Not now.’ he thought to himself. He really didn’t want to have to deal with Daniel Scardino so soon after last night.
Superman could probably dump Call-Me-Daniel into an open sewer access.

Very un-Supermanly though. wink It would be funny to see though. Maybe if we offer refreshments? evil

Every touch, every caress didn’t seem to be able to satisfy her insatiable desire for more. She needed to be closer. She needed to kiss him deeper. She needed to hold him closer. She needed to feel him…
Oh boy. The caught coffee cup could have been a coincidence, easily missed in the heat of passion. But the blue jumper he’s wearing underneath? That should be a dead giveaway when she rips off his shirt.

Much later…
LOIS: Huh, Clark? Why is Superman’s suit lying on my bedroom floor?

<snork>

Clark: Oh, yeah, well um.... *starts floating* I can explain...

If Clark ever had the desire to kill anyone in his life it would have been in that moment he heard Jimmy’s voice echo from the other side of Lois’ door. “Lois? Are you home?”

“Oh, no, no, no, no,” Lois whimpered against his lips, pulling away and resting her forehead against his shoulder.
So, the correct answer would be ‘No, go away!’?

More or less. lol

“Anything you want,” he promised.

“Anything?” she challenged.

“Anything.” he leaned into her, sealing his promise with a kiss.
Awww…

This sounds like you might just have done a shortcut all the way to the…probably third wedding. What with Lex’s clones not being ready in time for the first wedding of an upped time table. Two ARGHs with one stone! hyper

wave Michael

Thanks for commenting Michael. I am working on a sequel to answer all the questions left by this one. That is an interesting thought though. If the timeline is moved up then it makes it hard to have Lex and his army of clones ready to ruin everything. smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Valerie!

LOIS: *squints* Get your butt back down here right now, mister!

Thanks for commenting Michael. I am working on a sequel to answer all the questions left by this one.
Oooh! Interesting!

That is an interesting thought though. If the timeline is moved up then it makes it hard to have Lex and his army of clones ready to ruin everything.
LEX: wallbash Now, what should I do with a freshly obsolete Dr. Mamba…? Oh, right, those frogs like to eat their own kind, don’t they?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I feel so bad for Clark during this time period, having worked so hard and waited so long and then having everything spinning out of his control -- and even when he tried to be there as her friend, she usually wasn't talking to him. It was nice to see him be so determined to sort things out here, and keep going even when he caught sight of Scardino getting ready to stalk Lois--er, I mean, come up to Lois's apartment again.

Both Lois and Clark had so much trouble communicating, so it was nice to see them talking together in this fic, and I love that their connection sprang right back up as soon as they admitted their feelings to each other. All their fears of losing each other never last past their first open conversation! smile

Very sweet, and I'm glad that Clark was there to safely take care of Jimmy!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Valerie!

LOIS: *squints* Get your butt back down here right now, mister!

Thanks for commenting Michael. I am working on a sequel to answer all the questions left by this one.
Oooh! Interesting!

That is an interesting thought though. If the timeline is moved up then it makes it hard to have Lex and his army of clones ready to ruin everything.
LEX: wallbash Now, what should I do with a freshly obsolete Dr. Mamba…? Oh, right, those frogs like to eat their own kind, don’t they?

wave Michael

Hey Michael! wave The sequel is up. Hope it was able to give you a good laugh.

Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
I feel so bad for Clark during this time period, having worked so hard and waited so long and then having everything spinning out of his control -- and even when he tried to be there as her friend, she usually wasn't talking to him. It was nice to see him be so determined to sort things out here, and keep going even when he caught sight of Scardino getting ready to stalk Lois--er, I mean, come up to Lois's apartment again.

Both Lois and Clark had so much trouble communicating, so it was nice to see them talking together in this fic, and I love that their connection sprang right back up as soon as they admitted their feelings to each other. All their fears of losing each other never last past their first open conversation! smile

Very sweet, and I'm glad that Clark was there to safely take care of Jimmy!

Hey, AntiK! wave

Thanks for reading smile Yes, Season 2 really put Clark through the ringer emotionally. It really is a wonder that he didn't just give up with everything that was in his way.

It's okay we all saw Scardino's presence as stalkerish too. dizzy I'm surprised Lois didn't call him out on it.

Communication really is key, isn't it? Once you have it then everything else falls into place and coffee cups almost end up on the ground. Though nobody would care if they did splatter all over the place, would they? wink

I wanted to show a determined Clark focused on putting everything back in balance. Hence the focus on 'We'll always be friends' aspect of his memories. He's always been portrayed as someone capable of being a really good friend and coming from that aspect...not as a colleauge, or potential boyfriend but as her friend...her best friend gave him the motivation to stay the course and not back down throughout this conversation. That showed Lois he was not wanting an out and thus gave her the courage to say the things that had been weighing on her mind as well.

All molded together with a quick rescue of Jimmy at arguably the worst timing ever made for a nice wrap up to a painful part of season 2 we all could do without.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a sweet and lovely fic! (And what a fantastic banner, too!) You also conveyed the lovers’ annoyance at another “Jimmy interruptus” quite perfectly, and your Dan was as exasperating as he should be!
I’m SO glad you wrote that “conversation with less of an audience”! Yay! smile1

Columnist
Columnist
It has been a long time. I just read this story and I wish it was how the episode had happened. I did enjoy this very much.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
What a sweet and lovely fic! (And what a fantastic banner, too!) You also conveyed the lovers’ annoyance at another “Jimmy interruptus” quite perfectly, and your Dan was as exasperating as he should be!
I’m SO glad you wrote that “conversation with less of an audience”! Yay! smile1

Thanks Mille! wave

I'm glad you liked the banner and the fic. Dan was there for legal purposes and that was it lol. The main point was for them to talk to one another and quit hiding. Jimmy Interruptus was destined to happen given that was part of the a-plot but Jimmy was a little safer having had Clark nearby to help him. thumbsup hyper

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
It has been a long time. I just read this story and I wish it was how the episode had happened. I did enjoy this very much.

Thanks Carrie. Glad you enjoyed the fic. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard