Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#281617 08/09/18 08:08 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
There are several wildfires burning in California right now. One is just a few miles west of where I live -- the Holy Fire (more like the Unholy Fire, but it's named for the canyon where it started, which is named for a guy nicknamed Holy Jim). A lot of people are under evacuation (but not me -- it's still a good 7-8 miles from me), and several school districts are closed due to the smoke (just as school was getting started -- my district, Perris Union High School District, started August 8, and only got the first day in. We won't be back until at least Monday the 13th.)

Stay safe, FOLCs in California -- and elsewhere, in this disastrous year.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for keeping us posted, Annie B. In my neck of the woods, the Carr fire is the one getting all of the media attention; this is the first time I had heard of the Holy Fire.

Please follow your own advice: Stay safe! Please post regularly until this is over to let us know you are still OK.

Take care,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Happy to hear you are safe right now Annie! Also glad you posted this. Personally not affected by the fires where we're at (Redding is the closest to us) other than extreme smokiness, although I have some friends who did have to evacuate. Scary out there right now, everyone stay safe.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Stay safe everyone! Living in Sydney bushfires or wildfires are a yearly occurrence for us come summer and while I’ve personally never been evacuated as I live in the inner city I know people who have had to be on alert and prepare to evacuate as many of our suburbs sit right on the edge of or are within bushland.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm back to work now. The custodians and maintenance staff had to work over the weekend cleaning up the ash and soot. The Holy Fire is still burning, but it is about 52% contained, according to ABC News.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
So thankful to hear that you are now back to work, Annie! I'm on the east coast but keeping you and the people of California in my thoughts and prayers!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Annie, it is a relief to know you are doing okay!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard