Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#281019 06/16/18 10:27 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I needed a little waffyiness in my life, so I figured I'd share. Let me know your thoughts!

Title credit goes to Endelda. sloppy

Inspired by the LnC Dangling Threads page where the comment was made about Clark's spin change could have been adopted from the old Wonder Woman TV series. I made it work a little. Happy reading!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 06/16/18 01:45 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just loved it! It was entirely enjoyable the way Clark reacted to Wonder Woman and the way Lois reacted to Clark's reaction. But the line the made me LOL was the L&C discussion on whether Clark would wait for Lois. Her offer of letting him edit her copy, his suggestion of sharing the byline, and her response: "Oh, sweetie," she pat his knee condescendingly. "No."

For some reason that response just and her statement that she gets all superhero introductions, that is was "practically a rule" just broke me up.

Great job!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Mike M
I just loved it! It was entirely enjoyable the way Clark reacted to Wonder Woman and the way Lois reacted to Clark's reaction.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it so much!

But the line the made me LOL was the L&C discussion on whether Clark would wait for Lois. Her offer of letting him edit her copy, his suggestion of sharing the byline, and her response: "Oh, sweetie," she pat his knee condescendingly. "No."

For some reason that response just and her statement that she gets all superhero introductions, that is was "practically a rule" just broke me up.

Haha, thanks! I figured it would be a point of pride with Lois, so she got the Wonder Woman reveal. Plus, it's not often where I write fics after they're married, so I still wanted to make sure I got some banter in there.

Thanks again!

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*Snerk* BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! rotflol

This was adorable! smile

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
notworthy
Funny! Very funny! I loved it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really, really cute!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh man, this is adorable! So cute and waffy and funny.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my God! Did you really have her call it 'the spin change'? LOL! This was adorable Mouse! I loved Lois' question at the end. Tied up nicely. clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonder Woman! I love Wonder Woman and I immediately thought of her when I saw the title, so I started reading the story expecting her. I was very happy to see her appear. This was a very cute, fun little story. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
wave

Queenie: Thanks! Happy to make you laugh out loud!

Terry, Artemis, and Jackiek: laugh I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! I thought something light and funny was appropriate this weekend.

Folc: lol I had to! It's too perfect not to use! I figured she'd never have called it thespin change before, but since the Wonder Woman TV show had it already... huh

Lady loisette: I love wonder woman too! I'm very excited that they're making a sequel to the DCEU movie. I would love to see more stories with Diana thrown in, and as usual I always try to work in as many references as I can. Maybe one day I'll write something with her having a bigger part. Glad you liked it!

Thanks all for the comments!

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a cute story! Hero worshipping, star struck Clark is just too cute! I can totally see him acting like a little boy on Christmas morning. smile

I love all the misdirections. Of course, I suspected he was meeting Wonder Woman, rather than Lois, from the start (title clued me in). But I did wonder if he was meeting her as Superman or Clark, especially when he was like "She knows who I am!"

Nicely played! Love the banter between Lois and Clark and Lois' last line is one awesome zinger. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!

Wonder Struck
Wonder if this has something to do with a Themysciran princess?

Clark wiped his hands on his pants nervously-- partly a way to remove some of the grease and grime, but mostly a way to stop his hands from sweating. He'd never had sweaty palms before. It was weird. How come hands sweat? It seemed like an odd thing to happen to a person, but he'd heard the expression so many times before that it had to be normal, or at least normal enough in high stress, awkward, or new situations.
I would say his and Lois’s wedding, but the grease and grime don’t fit. Unless he’s just had to stop a car accident on the way to the altar?

Her eyes had an amused spark to them when she smiled, and her words had the slight lilt of a beautiful, foreign accent when she spoke. He wondered briefly if it was some odd mix of Greek and French when she opened her mouth again. "Hello, Superman."
Okay, Superman *is* meeting Diana Prince. clap

It was hard meeting an idol like this and not making a fool of himself, and he didn't have half the feelings she'd had for him. "Hi. Again. Uh... Wonder Woman?"
rotflol Although, Lois might kill him if she knew he has half the feelings for Wonder Woman she’s had for Superman.

The impulse struck him to tell her his name in a moment of camaraderie, but he clamped down on that secret before he accidentally let it slip. Her name was Diana. It wasn't about her secret identity.
Does he already know his name is Kal-El?

It was hard when his inner eight-year-old was gleefully geeking out over meeting Wonder Woman in the flesh.
Good thing it isn’t his inner thirteen-year-old.

He could feel himself blushing and blushing hard. This was ridiculous. He was a grown man, happily married, with two very important careers,
jawdrop He’s already married? I did not see that coming.
LOIS: mad Neither did I. /brushes dust from Ultra Woman suit/

"I always wanted to be Wonder Woman," Lois swooned a little, smiling up at where Diana had been. Clark smiled softly.
laugh /points towards aforementioned suit/
LOIS: Yeah, yeah, whatever. She’s got the Lasso of Truth!

"Yeah, me too."
rotflol

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "That's right. I forgot you used to have a crush on her."
Well, that took longer than I thought, for her to get jealous.

He had plenty of material on her acting far more shameless in the presence of Superman.
Yes, but when she’s living out her fantasies, her husband is very much automatically involved. If, on the other hand, Superman acted out his Wonder Woman fantasies, his wife would have to be explicitly involved, too.

"Superman, do you know Wonder Woman? Did you know she was real?"
Well, they *were* dating for a while. /points at Love and Capes/

Not one person there wasn't intimidated by her. It didn't help that she's gorgeous, and tall, and powerful, and--"

"--And still nothing compared to you."

It was Lois' turn to blush. "Whatever."
Ultra Woman possibly wasn’t.

"I'm serious, and you know it. I'm married to the woman of my dreams. Who needs Wonder Woman when I've got Ultrawoman?"
laugh

She shot a heated glance at him and bit her lip seductively. "Oh, yeah. I'll let you," she dropped her voice demurely, flicking her eyes up and down over his form, "edit my copy."
That’s a new one! clap

He laughed. "How about a byline?"

"Oh, sweetie," she pat his knee condescendingly. "No."
She’s soooo adorable!

"It will be when I write this up." She flashed her teeth at him, and he grumbled.

"Fine. I can be patient. But you owe me. I was there, too, you know."
Then who got Batman?

"Oh my god-- you took her spin change too, didn't you!"
lol

That a wonderful story!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
What a cute story! Hero worshipping, star struck Clark is just too cute! I can totally see him acting like a little boy on Christmas morning. smile
Thanks! I liked him too! Of course he'd be hero worshipping lol.

I love all the misdirections. Of course, I suspected he was meeting Wonder Woman, rather than Lois, from the start (title clued me in). But I did wonder if he was meeting her as Superman or Clark, especially when he was like "She knows who I am!"
Hahaha, double thanks! I wrote it that way before Endelda helped me with the title, so I'm glad they still held up. goofy

Nicely played! Love the banter between Lois and Clark and Lois' last line is one awesome zinger. smile

Glad you enjoyed it! The zinger was the main reason I started writing this ficlet. Thanks for your comment!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Mouse!
wave Hi Michael!

Wonder if this has something to do with a Themysciran princess?
Maaaaaaaybe.

I would say his and Lois’s wedding, but the grease and grime don’t fit. Unless he’s just had to stop a car accident on the way to the altar?
Lol, that would be funny though. Very "Incredibles" sort of moment.

LOIS: I thought it was playful banter-
CLARK: It was playful banter--
LOIS: Cutting it kinda close, don't you think?!

(And I'll stop there, because I can literally quote that entire movie start to finish.) goofy

rotflol Although, Lois might kill him if she knew he has half the feelings for Wonder Woman she’s had for Superman.
lol
LOIS: You're telling me you've had even a single *thought* about Wonder Woman in a romantic capacity?!
CLARK: Lois, I was fifteen! Of course I did! You think I took long showers for cleanliness?

Does he already know his name is Kal-El?
Yeah, well... that would have been a good work-around lol.

Good thing it isn’t his inner thirteen-year-old.

laugh See above.

jawdrop He’s already married? I did not see that coming.
LOIS: mad Neither did I. /brushes dust from Ultra Woman suit/
Hehehe, yep! Thought that would be another fun surprise.

laugh /points towards aforementioned suit/
LOIS: Yeah, yeah, whatever. She’s got the Lasso of Truth!
CLARK: You don't need her lasso, Lois. I always tell the truth.
LOIS: Except for that one time...

Well, that took longer than I thought, for her to get jealous.
Hey, they've both grown a little. goofy

Yes, but when she’s living out her fantasies, her husband is very much automatically involved. If, on the other hand, Superman acted out his Wonder Woman fantasies, his wife would have to be explicitly involved, too.
LOIS: How can anyone be expected to wear this?
CLARK: Come on, honey. It's just a little costume.
LOIS: I swear to god, if you ask me to grow my hair out...

lol Hey! Not in canon!

She’s soooo adorable!
laugh Thank you!

Then who got Batman?
Don't tempt me... I might make a series of Lois tackling Superhero interviews.

That a wonderful story!
Thanks for your comments! Glad you liked it!

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!

(And I'll stop there, because I can literally quote that entire movie start to finish.)
laugh A crossover sure would be fun, especially now with the sequel coming out.

LOIS: You're telling me you've had even a single *thought* about Wonder Woman in a romantic capacity?!
CLARK: Lois, I was fifteen! Of course I did! You think I took long showers for cleanliness?
LOIS: Well…you *did* grow up on a farm filled with cows and pigs, so… huh

CLARK: You don't need her lasso, Lois. I always tell the truth.
LOIS: Except for that one time...
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: And yet *another* reason said lasso would come in handy…

LOIS: How can anyone be expected to wear this?
CLARK: Come on, honey. It's just a little costume.
LOIS: I swear to god, if you ask me to grow my hair out...
rotflol
LOIS: Also, you did *not* have to take the ‘little’ so literally.

lol Hey! Not in canon!
*shrugs* one day I will have to make sure Clark or Lois visit ABC books for some reason or other. Maybe Lois just needs coffee. Or Clark needs fresh copy of the Kamasutra because he forgot his in Metropolis while visiting Chicago. Or something of the sort.

Don't tempt me... I might make a series of Lois tackling Superhero interviews.
Ooooh! Yes, please?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
This was so fun! I love that Clark can't quite get a full sentence out around Wonder Woman -- and that she took it so well and was polite! smile Probably my favorite thing, though, is that at the end of the day, he's completely happy with Lois as his wife, so in awe of her that to him, she really does compare to -- and beat out -- Wonder Woman. Excellently done, though poor Perry! You'd think he'd be used to it by now!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hello. Back for a moment. Had to write a few comments on this story.

He smoothed a hand over his hair, cleared his throat. He took half a step forward, only to hover midstep and lean back. What was he thinking? He didn't even have a plan of attack here. What should he say? What could he say? He didn't want to look stupid. He was, after all, just a farmboy from the middle of nowhere. She'd see right through him if he tried to put on any airs. How did he approach someone he'd idolized, someone he'd been inspired by--

Talk about speechless! This man has faced down villains, proposed to his girlfriend before revealing his greatest secret (and lived to tell about it) and survived Kryptonite! Now he cannot talk to his greatest hero. Priceless!

Lois' voice was full of quiet awe as she bounded up beside him. "Oh my god! Was that--"

"Yeah."

"Wow. Wonder Woman is real."

"Yep." He couldn't really make out a full sentence. Thus far, he hadn't made it past a single syllable.

"I can't believe it."

"Me neither," he admitted.

This exchange between husband and wife was precious.

"Oh my god-- you took her spin change too, didn't you!"

Yeah, he did!

Thanks so much for the laugh! The sheer waffiness was very much appreciated. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
laugh A crossover sure would be fun, especially now with the sequel coming out.
Haha, I know! I saw Vicki's Incredibles challenge and was sorely tempted... but too many plates in the air right now.

LOIS: Well…you *did* grow up on a farm filled with cows and pigs, so… huh
Awww, little innocent Lois! sloppy

LOIS: Also, you did *not* have to take the ‘little’ so literally.
lol A scrap of spandex here, a pair of panties there... magical whip I MEAN lasso *coughcough*

*shrugs* one day I will have to make sure Clark or Lois visit ABC books for some reason or other. Maybe Lois just needs coffee. Or Clark needs fresh copy of the Kamasutra because he forgot his in Metropolis while visiting Chicago. Or something of the sort.
Oooh, yes please!!! That would be hilarious/delicious hahaha!

Ooooh! Yes, please?
Hmmmmmmm.... Maybe your comment inspired me a little. Maybe Lois will discover all the heroes and write articles about all of them, bar one (because he's Batman). devil

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
This was so fun! I love that Clark can't quite get a full sentence out around Wonder Woman -- and that she took it so well and was polite! smile
Haha, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it so much! I thought it'd be sweet if Diana (being the hero from so long ago) would kinda see him as the little kid he felt like.

Probably my favorite thing, though, is that at the end of the day, he's completely happy with Lois as his wife, so in awe of her that to him, she really does compare to -- and beat out -- Wonder Woman. Excellently done, though poor Perry! You'd think he'd be used to it by now!

laugh love Yeah, those two are sappy, but I love it. And yeah, Perry probably has to pull out the ol' eyeball bleach every so often with these two.

Thanks so much for your comments!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hello. Back for a moment. Had to write a few comments on this story.
Morgana!! Welcome back! Glad to see your face (name?) on the boards again! Thanks for commenting!

Talk about speechless! This man has faced down villains, proposed to his girlfriend before revealing his greatest secret (and lived to tell about it) and survived Kryptonite! Now he cannot talk to his greatest hero. Priceless!
lol When you put it like that, he is the galactically stupid one. But yeah, I thought it'd be funny if he got a little tongue-tied in the face of his biggest idol.

This exchange between husband and wife was precious.
Awww, thanks! I love it when they're so in sync.

Thanks so much for the laugh! The sheer waffiness was very much appreciated. dance

Any time! Happy to have you back! I'll try and supply the WAFFy every now and again. (Oh wait, I did promise you more Havana didn't I? laugh Probably get you a chapter this weekend.)

--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard