Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280955 06/11/18 11:22 PM
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
So this story started with the thought, what if {insert the name of one of my Kent Family members here} lost their powers? It was fun playing around with each family member and how they reacted, until I figured out that there is no reason to restrict it to one character. If one lost their powers, wouldn't all of them? And wouldn't it be fun to see the similarities and differences in how they handled it? So I started writing. The result so far is a story turning out to be bigger than I had thought, but when you're following 4 superpowered individuals, I suppose that can happen.

There will be a decent amount of B plot in this one, but that was always the part I found most interesting. I am going someplace with this one, too, I promise. The posting schedule will be a new part every 2 weeks or so, since I'm juggling writing with the demands of a full-time job and family (and summer vacations). Hope you enjoy!

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like how you've developed this with the two separate POVs before the big bang so to speak. Gives the reader the full 360 view. Interested to see where you take this.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh i just loved Relative History. So glad to see more of the Kent family. What an interesting concept and great start!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting start! Keep it coming!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Cindy!! Finally reading this, and oh boy am I excited after this introduction!

I love Laura and Matt! They're adorable. Laura is a gem, and the thoughts on gearing her crash landing at her in-laws was thoughtful and a great set up. Wonder how they'll react to Superwoman landing at their door.

Instantly likable characters you've got!

The awkward convo between Jon and his father-in-law was also golden. It's an odd thing to realize, as you get to know your S.O.'s family and realize not all families handle things the same... It's weird, and very realistic.

“This isn’t Metropolis or Gotham. We don’t get to see you do your work, except on television. I just wanted to see.”

Jon nodded, letting the music on the radio play for a moment before responding. “When I first found out about my dad, I did the same thing. I’d go blend into the crowd and watch him do his thing, in awe the whole time. I always sort of figured that I was being inconspicuous, that he had no idea I was there, because he never said anything or even so much as looked my way. But I bet he knew….”

Cruz chuckled. “So you DO understand.”
This little bonding element was also sweet. I'm looking forward to chapter 2! (What's this? I procrastinated enough that there's already another chapter posted? Yay for me!)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard