Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

This bit of silliness came to me today and made me smile. I hope it brightens your day, as well.

As always, all feedback is much appreciated.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol How funny! Thanks for the chuckle! laugh I hope your muse gives you more silly little fics.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Do you think MOD can help me? I am trying to disguise 67 years of wrinkles, age spots and general signs of aging. Glasses seem to work for my friend, CK....

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Thanks for the laugh, Lynn! Very cute

Btw: so good to see you writing smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
Hahaha, cute! clap Clark's optometrist going off the reservation a little. Great bit of fun to start my morning right.

I've got my own prescription, but I wouldn't mind a job. drool

Good to see you back Lynn!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol Lynn, this cracked me up! So, I guess villains and superheroes just stare awkwardly at one another in the waiting room or do they have Betty Sue scheduling them apart from one another? clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

If you want to look MODest, or if you just want to MODify your look, think MOD – Metropolis Optometry and Disguise. So run or fly – don’t walk – straight to our nearest location.
That was a cute one! I do think you might have forgotten one: the fake glasses meant to make you look more distinguished/smarter on television smile

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
LOL very cute!!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you all for your feedback. I'm glad that what I found funny in my head others found funny onscreen, as well.

DC, thank you for the wish for more funny ficlets. I, too, hope my muse obliges.

SupesFan, wear those wrinkles, etc. as trophies of all you have experienced in life. (That's what I do.) Save the "big glasses guns" for the stuff that really matters.

Folc4evernaday, I love the visual that conjures up. Perhaps there are separate entrances for the different clientele? Each location must be its own little neutral zone; there's an unspoken agreement that no one will try to take down anyone else within a certain perimeter of each one.

DM, You mean the ones that every bookish woman wears until the last third of the movie, when she takes them off and suddenly becomes a knockout?

jackiek Thanks. I'm glad the story brightened your day.

Joy,
Lynn

NK and MouseRocks, thank you for the welcome back. Had it really been that long since I had posted a story? I guess it had. I have another story waiting to post later this month -- the story I wrote for the fund-raiser last June and that I had promised I would not post here for a full year.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn,

DM, You mean the ones that every bookish woman wears until the last third of the movie, when she takes them off and suddenly becomes a knockout?
Nah, there's actually fake glasses that are worn by politicians once they become important enough to be in the public eye, because that makes them look smarter, more competent, etc when they're on TV. I tried to find the specific incident that I was thinking about, but aside from articles about fake glasses being commonplace at least in the previous decade, I couldn't find it huh

Oh, and didn't Cat wear them in Illusions of Grandeur? She *could* have been wearing contacts the rest of the time, but somehow I'd doubt that story smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
What a world we live in... Some people are willing to stick things in their eyes or even undergo surgery to avoid wearing glasses, while others wear glasses when they don't even need to do so.

The glass grass is always greener...? huh

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love this commercial!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've been needing to get my eyes checked, I'll have to see if I can find a local MOD franchise if I turn out to need glasses laugh

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol
Just hoping that MOD didn't buy ad space on The Daily Planet... If Lois ever read it, it could giver her a few ideas! shock

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Morgana, thank you for leaving feedback. You are always so good with doing so, and it really does brighten authors' days to see such posts.

Endelda, you and me both! (Well, actually, I already have glasses, but it is about time for the annual checkup...) Just make sure to avoid the supervillain entrance. wink

Millefeuilles, now there's a thought. Or, in a related plot bunny, suppose a supervillain were "outed" in a similar manner; could they sue? On what grounds? Loss of livelihood? Mental anguish? It seems to me that they would have far more of a case than, say, Calvin Dregg from WWW. And if they did sue, I wonder if MOD could call a certain superhero to the stand as a witness? Of course, the very act of subpoena-ing Superman might well strengthen the plaintiff's case.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful and funny ad!

Love that idea of your related plot bunny! clap

And could the plaintiff sue under violation of HIPPA law and confidentiality? It was signed into law in 1996 in the U.S., but certainly could have taken effect during any year in Metropolis. wink

Last edited by cuidadora; 06/13/18 07:49 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
And could the plaintiff sue under violation of HIPPA law and confidentiality?
rotflol Brilliant!

I don't know how well-known HIPAA is outside the US, so in case anyone is scratching their head over your post: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act stipulates, inter alia, that except for certain specified circumstances, a patient's medical information must be kept private.

Joy,
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 06/13/18 08:15 PM.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard