Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sue!
Sometimes it's almost like you've been reading ahead! Sort of.
I swear, I haven’t blush /mutters about what it is that keeps some FoLCs accusing me of hacking their PCs and grabbing advance copies of the stories/

LOL! I didn't think of it that way. If it's true, she's also flat-out stating that she doesn't have a heart. She's thinking she's the cool logic (in her own mind) and he's the touchy-feely one.
Wait, isn’t that the plot from The Wizard of Oz?

Most definitely NOT the shirt of Clark's that she slept in. She's dressed in her own clothes again and leaving for work.
Drat! But then again, given what happens in part 7, it sure makes sense why she had to already be dressed in her work clothes and then get them all dirty evil

He does realize that she’s doing the boss, right?

Lois would take great exception to you characterizing it that way! razz
[Linked Image] So, it’s just a rumor, then, that’s going around the printing press? What about the limerick they printed last weekend on how the famous reporter and the famous entrepreneur…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
/mutters about what it is that keeps some FoLCs accusing me of hacking their PCs and grabbing advance copies of the stories/
Then you must be psychic. wink

Wait, isn’t that the plot from The Wizard of Oz?
Only if someone is lacking courage, too. Jimmy, maybe?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The implied intimacy of being in Clark's bed made it feel like she was doing something illicit. She told herself that Clark knew she was here and he was okay with it. It didn't matter. In fact, knowing that Clark knew she was currently lying in his bed made it feel that much more sensual.
Well, it's not illicit because that's where Clark wants her and I'm sure he'd be glad to know that she's feeling sensual because of being there. Now, if she'd just change into the boxers and wait for Clark to come home, we'd be in business.

Hey, I can hope, can't I?

For a long while she stared at the moonlight coming in through Clark's window. She wondered if, somewhere in Hawaii, Clark was looking at the moon, too. The thought that he might be -- and that he might be thinking about her -- made it feel like he wasn't quite so far away.
I love how you circled back to the moon. It's really sweet and will be romantic as soon as she knows about Superman. Then he can take her flying in the moonlight.

And rotflol! I love how the irony of her feeling like he wasn't far away and then changing scene to Superman huddling outside the front door. Nice transition!

Poor Superman. First Kryptonite, then a cut from broken glass. Lois really is a caring individual. She really can be patient.

If it's okay with you, I'm going to borrow the bed for a little while."

"I'm sure Clark wouldn't mind." She gave him a grin as she added, "I'm guessing his bed never sees this much action."

He chuffed out a surprised laugh that turned into a cough. "No, I'm positive it doesn't."
Bwah ha ha!

I've started to wonder what is going to tip Lois off to Clark's dual identity. Now that she's spending so much time at Clark's apartment and wearing his clothes, surely she's going to notice that Clark and Superman smell the same. Or his Kryptonite-addled brain is going let something slip, like when he was mumbling sweet nothings about liking it when Lois touched him.

And a bombing. Of course there's a bombing. We need Perry back right away. This time, Lois can help the other four investigate and gather evidence. Can't wait!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww I love how Lois can’t stop thinking about Clark. We’re getting there! So sweet how Superman doesn’t want Lois to leave him and how she takes care of him. While I absolutely loved the scenes between Lois and Superman in this story, I was worried their flirting would reenforce Lois’ crush on him instead of concentrating on her new feelings for Clark. Glad that isn’t the case and Lois can’t seem to get Clark off her mind.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1 Oh, interesting new twist!!!!
I'm going on for more!!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Brenda - Ha! Having her wait in boxers for him to come home could make a great n-epilogue. lol

I love how you circled back to the moon. It's really sweet and will be romantic as soon as she knows about Superman. Then he can take her flying in the moonlight.

Yeah, moonlight does factor in again later. wink

I love how the irony of her feeling like he wasn't far away and then changing scene to Superman huddling outside the front door. Nice transition!

Thanks! blush

Poor Superman. First Kryptonite, then a cut from broken glass. Lois really is a caring individual. She really can be patient.

She has her moments. When it's someone she cares about, she can be extremely patient.

I've started to wonder what is going to tip Lois off to Clark's dual identity. Now that she's spending so much time at Clark's apartment and wearing his clothes, surely she's going to notice that Clark and Superman smell the same. Or his Kryptonite-addled brain is going let something slip, like when he was mumbling sweet nothings about liking it when Lois touched him.

It's probably going to be a cumulation of all those little things that tip her off. Or maybe he works up the courage to tell her…

We need Perry back right away. This time, Lois can help the other four investigate and gather evidence.

Of course Lois will let others investigate while she does nothing! That's how she rolls! rotflol

Jackie - It's the fact that she can't stop thinking about Clark (and being jealous of his "girlfriend") that finally makes her realize she thinks of him as much more than a colleague or a friend.

So sweet how Superman doesn’t want Lois to leave him and how she takes care of him.

He doesn't want her to leave because he knows that Lex is looking for her. wink

While I absolutely loved the scenes between Lois and Superman in this story, I was worried their flirting would reenforce Lois’ crush on him instead of concentrating on her new feelings for Clark. Glad that isn’t the case and Lois can’t seem to get Clark off her mind.

It's human nature to want what we can't have. Lois thinks she can't have Clark, and that's happening just as she's realizing how much he really means to her. She's already acknowledged to herself that her crush on Superman was unrealistic and that she (thinks) she doesn't really know him. But Clark? She knows Clark and she knows what she thinks she's losing.

Artemis - So glad you're back! laugh

Thank you all for the comments! You're wonderful! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
The implied intimacy of being in Clark's bed made it feel like she was doing something illicit. She told herself that Clark knew she was here and he was okay with it. It didn't matter. In fact, knowing that Clark knew she was currently lying in his bed made it feel that much more sensual.
They are definitely getting all worked up for nothing. Well, hopefully not for *nothing* nothing... Between Lois' bedroom thoughts and Clark's panties thoughts they're definitely preying on each other's imaginations. UST must become resolved soon!

Lois smiled at the mental image of Superman and Clark sitting side by side on Clark's couch with their eyes riveted on the screen and an open bag of Cheetos on the cushion between them.
I love seeing Lois' little imagery of them. First of all, it's adorable that she can picture a moment like that. But most of all, I love to see how Lois really does believe Superman is his own person, even in "off hours" so to speak. So much crap gets tossed her way for not seeing what's right in front of her, but little things like this really pack a punch as to why the deception works. She has no reason to believe otherwise.

Fine. She'd be nothing but friendly with Superman from now on. She'd exude trustworthiness with a dash of emotional distance.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! All Clark needs is to see a little less flirt towards Superman and a little more flirting towards Clark, and then his kisses won't be quite so far off.

Blinded by fatigue and shaking with chills he had slowly made his way home, only to remember as he staggered up the last of the stairs that he shouldn't be there.
shock Uh-oh! At least he didn't attempt to go in.

He was lying on Clark's bed facing away from her with his cape tucked around him like a blanket.

Awwww.

"Sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for."

He swallowed, nodded. "Yes, I do. I lied... I--."
Double awww. Poor delirious little Clark. Trying to make up for waking Clark's sins. Love that Lois appeases him, but he's so genuine in his apologies. sloppy Go back to sleep, Superman.

"I'm assuming it's a rare quantity, not something that would just be lying around."

"God, I hope not. It's rare. At least, I think it is."

"So it stands to reason that someone is moving it from place to place?"

Too late Clark realized where her instincts were taking her.

There's those investigative instincts! Let her at 'im, Clark, let her at 'im! She'll bring Luthor down a couple pegs when she's in reporter mode.

There was another moment of silence and then the screaming started. Clark let go of Chip's arm and sprinted for the stairwell. All around him the building had begun to groan and creak ominously.
shock Uh-oh! Lex is already gonna bring down the Planet?!

Another great chapter! On to 7!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard