Oooh! It feels like the FDK is picking up speed as we move along. clap

Jackie - Lol! Actually, Superman dropping in (the first time) really was Clark coming by to get some clothes. The second visit was his inability to stay away, especially after she was so clearly upset. Having him lean against the door jamb and tease her was my inability to get rid of that rather delicious mental image. wink

Brenda - Yay for the lunch with Lex coming across as fraught! The cobra stare always makes me giggle -- way too intense! lol
I love it that Lois went to Clark's apartment to feel safe, that she snooped there, and that she started to fantasize about kissing Clark on his bed while there. Superman's timing stinks! Too soon, Clark! She needed a couple more minutes to realize that she was in love with you!

Of course she snooped! She feels she has a right to, and she way too easily justifies it to herself. wink
I'm expecting a good-night phone call in the next part. Please don't disappoint!

Oh, there will be another good-night call. The whole point of this story is to have them chatting at bedtime. laugh

Mouserocks - Welcome back! So pleased you could see the rationale for why she might be tempted to like Lex. He did have his charming moments. Few and far between, but he had them. huh
Also, a tracker in her purse?!?! I don't know why I'm shocked that Lex is evil, but I am. Well done.

Maybe he tells himself that he's doing it to protect her, but really I think he's just a sociopath and feels entitled to keep tabs on anything (or anyone) he considers "his."
The "mere mortals" line was excellent as well. I like to imagine the two of them interacting on the street got quite a few head turns as well.

Yes, but they also both kept the appearance of being pleasant. Only Owen knows the antipathy on display there -- and Owen doesn't exactly have a speaking role in this story. <heh>
I love that Lois is trying to snoop, even though Clark wouldn't mind at all her being in his place. I love that she wonders if she can see his ceiling without his glasses in the morning (hint: he does). And little does she know, he's about to catch her...

It was just too much to pass up the opportunity to have him catch her on his bed. laugh
Superman is being way too casual and sexy here. Maybe it's something automatic in the feeling of being home...

I wouldn't be too surprised if that casualness eventually catches up to him. whistle
Hahahaha omg! So perfect I really don't have words... so many levels of great

Thanks! laugh
Superman! You're making us blush! And now she's not thinking the nice, dirty thoughts about Clark again!

She'll get back to Clark soon enough. She tries to think about Superman, but lying in Clark's bed will muddle her thoughts. wink

Thank you, ladies! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis