Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280679 05/28/18 08:25 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments here, if you've got any. smile1 I hope you liked my little foray into fluff. A brief reprieve, so to speak. As I said, this piece is dedicated to my new nephew, my latest inspiration, who as we speak is being exposed to star wars for the first time (on in the background on TNT)... So he's on a good path haha. grin

(Still working on Havana btw, it's just been a very busy week.)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was so precious! I'm surprised Clark managed not to float around the room like a ruptured balloon grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She looks back down at our little girl, so small and precious and only fussing a little, and my heart swells with love in my chest. "Ella," she tries on the name, and our baby's eyes' open. My breath catches at the same moment that Lois gasps. "Ella?" she repeats, more resolved this time. The girl doesn't react anything beyond that, but I can already feel it in my bones that the first reaction was enough. I look down at Lois with a blinding grin, and she shoots me one right back. This feels right. This feels good. It's absolute perfection.

"Welcome to the world, little Ella."

Congratulations to Lois and Clark for giving their little lady such a perfect name!

Congratulations to you too Mouse! Welcome to being an Aunt!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh that was so lovely! I throughly enjoyed it.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww, Mouse! I like this mushy side of you! I love your dark and twisted side too but this was just perfection. You've so nicely captured the worries and anticipation of delivery, be it natural or C-Section. And of course all the instant love and joy that comes with the birth. I could feel the relief in them both too, at having a healthy baby and smooth delivery, especially given that they were told they'd never be parents.

Congrats on your nephew and I can't wait for more Mouse fluff!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A lovely and very touching story! I really enjoyed it: people stared at me when I was reading it on my phone this morning, while commuting to work: I wore a huge smile all the time and they were all grumpy-looking (and obviously wondering why I seemed so happy looking at my phone).
I can't imagine a better compliment to your nephew. When he will be able to read this fic in a few years, he'll surely be one of the Next Gen of FoLCs! What a charming gift...
Congrats on being an Aunt! smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And, of course, Ella could tie to the Kryptonian side as well -- house of El. :-)

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, the feels! Thanks for a WaFFy beginning to my day.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mouse?? [Linked Image]**looks around for frogs**
Oh my God! It's really you!!!
[Linked Image] ***squeals***

You made a WAFFY! [Linked Image]

Loved it! dance

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Endelda
This was so precious! I'm surprised Clark managed not to float around the room like a ruptured balloon grin

Thanks endelda! sloppy Glad you liked it haha. Your imagery of Clark made me laugh, picturing a hole in his suit and leaking air flying around like Rocketman. lol

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Morgana
Congratulations to Lois and Clark for giving their little lady such a perfect name!

Congratulations to you too Mouse! Welcome to being an Aunt!

Double thanks! Glad you liked the name, I've used it before but it was fun brainstorming for it and justifying the choice.

I think I'm going to like being an auntie.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by jackiek
Oh that was so lovely! I throughly enjoyed it.

grin thanks! I tried to wax a little poetic with this one. Glad you liked it.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Awww, Mouse! I like this mushy side of you! I love your dark and twisted side too but this was just perfection.
Thanks! Sometimes it's Bizarro Mouse that comes out lol She's sweet sometimes.

You've so nicely captured the worries and anticipation of delivery, be it natural or C-Section. And of course all the instant love and joy that comes with the birth. I could feel the relief in them both too, at having a healthy baby and smooth delivery, especially given that they were told they'd never be parents.
blush sloppy I'm happy it all came across naturally. I really wanted to capture so much of the emotion involved, even beyond the happiness, so I'm glad it came through.

Congrats on your nephew and I can't wait for more Mouse fluff!

Thanks! I love him to pieces already. I'm sure more fluff will be inspired by him. So funny how much attitude and personality he can already have.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
A lovely and very touching story! I really enjoyed it: people stared at me when I was reading it on my phone this morning, while commuting to work: I wore a huge smile all the time and they were all grumpy-looking (and obviously wondering why I seemed so happy looking at my phone).
Aw. You're sweet. I'm very flattered. sloppy

I can't imagine a better compliment to your nephew. When he will be able to read this fic in a few years, he'll surely be one of the Next Gen of FoLCs! What a charming gift...
Congrats on being an Aunt! smile1
Haha, thanks! I hope so.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by AmyPrime
And, of course, Ella could tie to the Kryptonian side as well -- house of El. :-)

Oh. My. Gosh. wallbash That's amazing! All that justification and debating, and I didn't even think of that? Haha, I like it more now. laugh I mostly use it for the Ellen connection, and I thought tying in the nickname of "princess" like Lois' dad called her was enough to tie it all to the name Ella... But that's great.

Also, hi Amy! wave Been a while! Good to have you back!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by BJ
Oh, the feels! Thanks for a WaFFy beginning to my day.

Thanks! Glad I was able to start your day off with a smile. laugh

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Mouse?? **looks around for frogs**
Oh my God! It's really you!!! ***squeals***

You made a WAFFY! Loved it! dance
Hahaha, yep, not an evil twist in sight, I promise. I had to get some light fare out of my system somehow. It's like coming up for air before diving deep again. laugh

Hopefully it's not a one off, and more waffy things will come soon.

Thanks all for your comments and love!

--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!

I’m terribly behind in my reading but someone mentioned a WAFFy Mouse fic and I just *had* to go and check it out smile1

I don't know anything about anything when it comes to her, and I just know I'll be playing catch up for the rest of my life.
Okay, most likely Clark’s waiting for Lois. Because the alternative would be that this is Lex waiting for Lois at the altar evil Anyhow, is this Clark waiting at the altar, because at their first date, he met her at her apartment. Or is this Clark waiting for the arrival of their daughter, with Lois being in the process of wishing him into extinction and that she never met him and that he can just go to sulk in the Arctic or wherever and even Superman won’t be able to save him from her wrath after what Clark is currently putting her through.

I turn at the scream that wrenches itself from my wife's throat, and I brush her hair back, and whisper soft nothings into her ear. […] I wince sympathetically as she digs her nails into the flesh of my arm, and yet I'm still smiling. I don't think I can stop.
Yep, I can’t believe I was right about that one hyper Also, great descriptions!

It's a marvel that anyone does this, that this process is survivable.
laugh
LOIS: Not for the husband, it won’t be.
Also, back in ye olden days, the process was kind of a coin toss in terms of survivability.

A daughter.

Any minute now.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if Tempus appeared through a time window and snuck their newborn daughter out of the nurse’s arms and into another time or universe just seconds after the birth?

I can't help but laugh at that and shake my head. "She's not going to hate you."

"What if she thinks I'm mean?"
laugh
15 years later…
“I hate you! I hate hate hate hate *HATE* you! How can you forbid me from going to that concert.”

"I'll be the bad cop."

She snorts. "You would not, you lying sack of--"
rotflol

I understand Lois' reaction to the offer of a mirror-- miracle or no, it's not the prettiest sight and watching yourself give birth might be breaking a fourth wall that God intended to be there.
Might permanently squash any chances for future offspring due to the sight causing a secession of any future activities required for such an occurrence.

I'm so anxious to meet her and I want to see her the first second I can.
he could also use his x-ray vision.

And she didn't want me to see her before her for whatever reason. Unfair advantage I suppose. But darn it, I want to see my girl and I want to see her now.
LOIS: I’m smart, you know?

And to a baby girl? She's not going to hate Lois, she's going to hate me. What am I supposed to do with a baby?
Fly her around the room?

I nod rapidly, blinking back the tears as I extricate myself from Lois' side, and the doctor hands me a pair of odd scissors and shows me where to place the clamp
I guess he normally does it using his heat vision. Or the way they did it in The Coneheads:

I'm speechless. I'm breathless. I'm awestruck.

One tiny thing nags at the back of my mind.

"She's not a Lara."
laugh

I huff a small laugh. "No. I love my mother, but she wouldn't want her saddled with that. Besides, you want her going into the 21st century with a name like Martha?"
laugh /scratches head/ black hair, feisty, very late nineties…They could go with Lyanna. Or Aria.

A dream come true. My lips curl up, and my heart beats faster as I look on our baby girl with her name on the tip of my tongue. "Ella."
Huh…good idea!

"Like, Cinderella? She's a princess, right? Plus it's like a modernized version of your mom's name so... Ella?"
True. Fun thing, though, I immediately went to House of El. So, Ella Kal-El?

"She's going to be one hell of a princess."
[Linked Image]

Lois' tone is reverential, peaceful, but somehow the sentence still makes me dissolve into a pile of giggles. Lois isn't long to follow. And this, I marvel, this moment right here is what I think life's all about.
And while looking for the above reference:
[Linked Image] I’m guessing they will have their work cut out for in 17-18 years.

What a WAFF-fest! Thanks for the smile.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard