Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part ONE (I & II) of the story is here ,

Part TWO (III) is here,

and I'd love to know your opinion on Sandrine's adventures. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sandrine’s life has been rather busy since meeting a certain American.

The party after finishing her film sounded familiar, kinda like when I finished working on a big project. The entire department cut loose, the ‘suits’ paid for a party on a boat. Things got a little crazy, so I split. The next day I heard one of the guys almost fell into the East River in Manhattan! Glad I wasn’t around!

Good thing Clark just happened to show up right after that mugger did. Unfortunately he was floating and she saw it all.

What else could happen?

How can you wrap this up in one more par?. I will miss Sandrine.

Last edited by Morgana; 05/15/18 08:56 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
The party after finishing her film sounded familiar, kinda like when I finished working on a big project. The entire department cut loose, the ‘suits’ paid for a party on a boat. Things got a little crazy, so I split. The next day I heard one of the guys almost fell into the East River in Manhattan! Glad I wasn’t around!

Ouch! Some people do party too hard! huh
You did well to leave before things got ugly...

What else could happen?
Hmmm... Find out in the next part! wink

How can you wrap this up in one more par?.
The lyrics of the song showed me how to do it.

I will miss Sandrine.
How kind of you to say so! Thanks.

Kerth
Kerth
Beautiful as always! I swear, this piece just makes me so wistful and I love that about it.

dislocated-drunken mambo with them. Well, good luck to them! It would not be easy to do that kind of step over R.E.M.’s “Losing My Religion”…
lol This line had me chuckling. Not the dance REM probably imagined with their song. rotflol

Sandrine suddenly heard an echo to her footsteps.

Uh-oh.

Like you or Zorro Ski Masque Man
I'm glad Clark was still able to find a way to rescue her even if discreetly. Part of me wants Sandrine to learn more but I know that Clark won't likely tell her. Lois is who he trusts enough to tell, and is the only one he trusts enough to tell... But I'm kinda comparing Sandrine to Lois in this scenario, so maybe I'm waiting for something more to happen foolishly.

“I move with as much poise as a drunken duck on a moving walkway!”
Heyyyy, have you seen me walking? spider Also a very funny turn of phrase. lol

Very good chapter! I'm looking forward to the next part again. I love how Sandrine sees Clark's passion (methinks someone may be getting a little crush? Or am I projecting haha). Well written as usual and beautiful scenery. Even the details of the police station were well elaborated without being dull. (Those kids... Everyone has had to sit in a waiting room with those kids.)

Can't wait to read more!!! And also can't believe it's the final part.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Beautiful as always! I swear, this piece just makes me so wistful and I love that about it.
Thank you, Mouse!

I'm glad Clark was still able to find a way to rescue her even if discreetly. Part of me wants Sandrine to learn more but I know that Clark won't likely tell her. Lois is who he trusts enough to tell, and is the only one he trusts enough to tell... But I'm kinda comparing Sandrine to Lois in this scenario, so maybe I'm waiting for something more to happen foolishly.
We all know Clark won’t tell her… he has trouble enough telling Lois.
I voluntarily gave Sandrine some of Lois’s qualities, as I thought that Clark would likely be drawn to women in the same mould. Mayson shares some of them, too, and he really liked her (as a friend in the making. Sort of.)

I'm Very good chapter! I'm looking forward to the next part again. I love how Sandrine sees Clark's passion (methinks someone may be getting a little crush? Or am I projecting haha). Well written as usual and beautiful scenery. Even the details of the police station were well elaborated without being dull. (Those kids... Everyone has had to sit in a waiting room with those kids.)
Thank you, again.

A little crush? Hm. Things aren’t so clear cut. In the friendship between a woman and a man, the awareness of being female and male is a part of it, and one can play with it, but it never goes beyond some boundaries: there can be some playfulness and seduction (not a sexual one, though) and it never goes further. It doesn’t stop friends to enjoy it, anyway.
IMHO, Sandrine is afraid that Clark will believe that she has a crush on him: Sandrine isn’t blind to Clark’s qualities and good looks, but, at this point in her life, she really needs a friend and not a lover.

Can't wait to read more!!! And also can't believe it's the final part.
And the final part is RIGH HERE.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just had a chance to read this part. I'd say that I enjoyed it, but it feels odd to enjoy a story about a (near) mugging.

I especially liked how Sandrine was thinking of her memories in a cinematographer's terms.

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I just had a chance to read this part. I'd say that I enjoyed it, but it feels odd to enjoy a story about a (near) mugging.
I hope it wasn't too much of a hardship to read. Maybe it should have needed a warning...

I especially liked how Sandrine was thinking of her memories in a cinematographer's terms.
You noticed! Yay! hyper

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I hope it wasn't too much of a hardship to read. Maybe it should have needed a warning...
It was fine. Had it been an actual mugging, complete with descriptions of blood and gore, then it absolutely should have had a WHAM warning, but Masked Man intervened before anything really happened, it seems mild enough not to warrant a warning.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard