Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280503 05/17/18 02:55 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Here's the place for everything you want to tell me.

Story is here

Kathryn
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! You've posted it! smile1

Great start! You really get in Lois' head and you've got her thoughts down pat. I love the realizations about Rocky road and chocolate incorporated. I also loved the note that she really doesn't have anywhere to hide in his place-- something I'd never even really considered until you write this. Looking forward to the next part!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 05/18/18 03:23 AM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Mouse smile1

I love the Chocolate/Rocky Road thing in the series it fits very well. Everyone loves to try something new and exciting until you realize that good old chocolate hasn't to be boring, it is just what you are about to do with it. (What can I say - I am a nutritionist, I rarely think about something that is not food-related) rotflol

The second part will be posted at some point during next week, depending on how much time I'll have.

Kathryn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Kathryn,

I really enjoyed the first part of your story. Second season stories are some of my favorites, because I love this time in their relationship. I thought your details were really good - starting with the flowers Dan brought her and how she realized that he'd changed the type of flower based on her preferences. That Dan guy - he wasn't all bad... just not right for Lois wink

Loved the tea reference, because it's one of those things that I can see being so true, even if it was never completely canon. I can certainly see pre-Clark Lois being all about her coffee (to the point where her blood ran brown instead of red - ha! nice) but now she realizes just how much he has become a part of her, even influencing her beverage choices.

I'm glad she wants to talk to him... but I wonder about this conversation that she's overhearing! Hope it doesn't spell too much trouble for our favorite duo!

Looking forward to more!

Tracey smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great start! I really enjoyed this. Looking forward to more.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey Tracey,
thanks. I love to write those things in, in this case it shows that Dave is like Clark in some ways. That's why Clark becomes jealous. He wouldn't have to fear losing Lois to Dan if he was a bad person because then she would at some point see the true persona of him and leave him.
Pre-Clark Lois would definitely have some blood in her caffeine-stream smile

Thank you for your reply Jackiek, I will post the next part tomorrow after work.

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Her dad because the commitment of his own family proved too much for him.

Paul left her because Linda was willing to give him what Lois wasn’t ready to give.

Claude left her because he thought he had gotten everything he could gain of their relationship.

And finally Lex, who left her because he didn’t want to face the consequences of his own actions.

Would Clark even tell her that he was leaving or would he just run away?

When you think about all the men who have failed Lois, it is totally understandable that she feels Clark will do the same.

She hadn’t known his parents were in town. How could they have this talk with his parents nearby? Lois felt stupid, how would she explain waiting on his balcony at this time of night? His apartment didn’t even have a separate room where they could go to talk in private.

When you think about the layout of Clark's apartment, there are only two places to go for a conversation with any privacy. The bathroom or the balcony.

Balcony, it is.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey Morgana,

That’s what I was thinking. Almost every man Lois had become close to seemed to have a reason for it but their hearts weren’t in those relationships.
Sam probably only did what was expected from him as the father to his daughters. And the others only seemed to think there would be something to gain from their relationship to her. So having only seen the men in her life to be untrustworthy I am not surprised she had difficulties in trusting Clark.

I like the apartment Clark lives in but I don’t think I would want to live in it. Too much open space, he would constantly have the smells of his cooking everywhere... and there is next to no place to go if you want to have a private conversation if anyone else is in the apartment. As you said the only place to talk would be the balcony.

Thank you for your feedback!

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard