Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Deadly by Queen of the Capes

I didn't see a feedback thread, so I'm starting one.

When I saw the challenge, I thought it would be great to have Clark saying it. There's so much there; he is incredibly dangerous just because of how strong he is.

I really like this story. The imagery and descriptions are so evocative. I can really picture the destruction surrounding Clark and feel how anguished he is. Clark can be the most gentle person on Earth, but as soon as he loses any control of his powers, he's deadly to be near.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Mouserocks made another FDK thread at the same time. Here is the link so we don't lose track.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Kerth
Kerth
Lol, whoops! Great minds think alike. grin

Labby might need to work some magic here. I can post my comments in here to eliminate the issue.

clap Well done, Queenie! I'll admit, I had to read it twice, because on first read through I thought we were dealing with an evil Clark. But wow, heartwrenching. Lois wanting to help him, but not even being able to. Clark not being able to control his powers, killing everyone he loves. This was a delightful sock to the gut, swift and short. Very well done indeed! I kinda want more but I'm also kinda afraid to ask, for poor Clark's sake.

Last edited by Mouserocks; 05/09/18 12:34 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG! How heartbreaking! Reminds me of when he lost control of his powers after the red K exposure in LW. Poor Lois, wanting to help but being unable to. I'm crying for the both of them.

I will say this is screaming to be made into a longer fic. I can totally see where Lois would embark on a Crusade to help cure him.

Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks so much, guys! hyper

Sorry about not putting an FDK thread with it this time; I didn't mean to cause chaos. eek Huge THANK YOUs to Mouserocks and MrsMxyzptlk for the threads, Mike for keeping the ToC's in order, and Kathryn84 for the challenge. It's fun to dabble in the dark side sometimes laugh

I don't want to *promise* more of this fic just yet, but it has been on my mind...as has O Brother Where Art thou, and the rest of my to do pile. blush If anyone else feels inspires to run with it, please be my guest. smile

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

I’ve got time for a quick one! hyper
“Only a fool would fall in love with someone as deadly as me.”
Yeah, okay, I remember the dialog challenge now. Looking forward to finding out who that is. Could be season one Lex, season two Lois or season 4 Clark. You know, after the Perry’s Son incident. Except Lois is already in love with him. huh But I should probably continue before this first FDK gets longer than the entire story blush

Lois slid to the ground beside him, her back resting against the remains of what had once been a wall. “Clark,” she whispered.
jawdrop I swear, I did not read ahead!

She reached out and laid a hand on his shoulder. “Listen to me: You are not a monster. You're not—”
Well, I’ll bet the military disagree’s.

“—I kill people, Lois.”
shock Way-what?

I've killed everyone I ever care about. I just...” He pressed his hands against his eyes. “You should go.”
Umm…

She turned and ran, struggling to keep her own balance as the ground beneath her feet started to shake.
Umm…

That was a sad turn of events. It would make for a great Alt-Clark-universe beginning, though! In particular if even Alt-Lois is gone.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aww how sad. I just hope someone decides to help Lois and Clark. It breaks my heart to see Clark like this. (Even if it was me who posted that challenge smile )

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard