Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280057 04/21/18 05:50 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
What if Superman somehow got roped into doing a TV or Movie appearance? What kind of show would it be? What kind of role? Would he have a hard time with the writers/directors? Would Lois be involved? Would Clark Kent?

(Inspired by the fact that the 1940's movie theater serials were "starring Superman", as if he had a Hollywood career outside of his regular heroing and the reporter gig. wink )

~•~
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Contestant on The Dating Game? (Is that still a thing?)

Celebrity Jeopardy! I'd actually like to see that one.

They run into him during an episode of Cops.

He's not an actor, but a studio contracts with him to help with the set and special effects (wind effects, blowing clouds away for a sunny outdoor scene, lifting heavy set pieces, getting really spectacular arial shots)

Special Guest Star on some big, popular drama

Special Guest Star on Ivory Tower

Plays an alien in a sci-fi movie because the producer is trying to skimp on the special effects budget

A sick teenager Makes A Wish to have Superman star in his student film.

Superman hosts the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

He's the halftime entertainment at the Super Bowl

Some super villain tries to ruin the Super Bowl, and Superman stops him. Due to collateral damage, the planned halftime entertainment can't go on, so Superman takes over and does stunts or something. Maybe he plays a one-man game against himself using super speed. Borrow the Weather Wizard from the Flash for the villain; he tries to make a big storm to ruin the game.

In the comics way back when, he was often doing charity shows for orphans and stuff like that. I remember one issue mentioned that Superman's schedule was published in the newspaper. (Which seems like a really bad idea.) He was frequently quite busy doing some sort of circus-like show-off-his-powers event.

There was one comic story where someone was making a movie about Superman, and Superman was playing himself. Lois wasn't happy about the actress they got to play her. I should track that down because I only vaguely remember the story. It was probably in the '60s, so having Superman play himself would save a lot on special effects.

This raises the question though: Is Superman a good actor or a bad actor? I think Clark would play Superman as a bad actor, especially since his disguise relies heavily on him being a good one.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Special Guest Star on Ivory Tower
Of course, then you have the question of whether they want him to play himself or a character. There's the whole issue of whether the suit actually comes off, and if they manage to get Superman into a business suit (or a tux...? drool ) he might be recognized.

Or what if they have him play himself, but they have the hair stylist comb it differently, and he looks like Clark without glasses in the close up shots? (so you can't see the suit)

Or Superman gets a side gig as a stunt double. Hmm... That has possibilities.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Would it involve Murray as well? I seem to recall him mentioning it in I’m Looking Through You’

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Kerth
Kerth
Assuming they made The West Wing in the L&C world they'd probably mention him a few times in episodes, given his importance as a peacemaker etc., maybe ask him to make a guest appearance like the Muppet Show characters.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oooh... I really want to read a story about (or script for) Superman as a guest on the Muppet Show. Just how discomfited would Clark be when (and it is definitely "when" and not "if") Miss Piggy came on to him? How would "Pigs in Space" make jokes about Superman flying? How would Sam the Eagle react to him? Would he approve of Superman because of his good deeds or would he find The Uniform to be disgraceful?

Inquiring minds want to know! wink

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard