Pulitzer
Story is Here!

Expressions of enthusiasm, apathy, or disappointment go Here. smile

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yes, it's been THAT LONG! That was lovely, but far too short. Reading this tale is like getting one occasional nibble from a huge bowl of strawberry shortcake - delicious, tasty, flavored just right, but the servings are far too small to satisfy. You write so well, Queenie, and I always enjoy reading your work. It just goes by so fa

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Has it really been that long?!
[Linked Image]

I'll try have more up soon.
party

“I...well, they do not need to know every detail of my life, correct?” Michel gave a nervous chuckle.
Ooooh! Loophole!

“It's not really the same thing as lying to them, Mom,” Clark interjected.
I guess the same thing goes with Lois.
CLARK: Yes! Exactly. This is just a minor detail. Like preferring to use coupons when doing grocery shopping. It’s not really something that comes up in normal conversations or when you’re on a date or anything like that. I mean, I’m sure she would notice the coupons eventually once we’re married or whatever, but still, not something to lead a conversation with. Right? Right?
LOIS: mad
CLARK: Fine. Here’s a coupon for one flight with Superman Airways.
LOIS: *squints*
CLARK: *sigh* Free samples of the merchandise included.
LOIS: drool

“we need to learn how to control this mental bond we seem to have, and we were hoping you and Dad could help us figure things out.”
Yes, they’re asking for advice on open communications from the old married couple but aren’t even able to perform basic communications with their own significant others.

She turned to Michel, who nodded. “Yes, as soon as possible!” His voice dropped to a mutter. “Especially now that you and Miss Lane are together.”
Oops?

His mom must have heard the comment. Eyes wide, she whipped back to Clark. “What?! You and Lois...?!”

“What? No!” Clark exclaimed. “We're not together!”
laugh
MICHEL: So, it was just a one night?

Michel stared at him. “Really?” After a moment, something seemed to click. “Huh.”

“What?” Clark asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

“Nothing,” Michel replied with a shrug. “I just never figured you to be the type.”
rotflol Told you!

“Look, Michel, it wasn't like that, okay? Nothing happened in that hotel room!”
Good thing he left out the ‘untoward’.
CLARK: I couldn’t use that word. After all, we did trick the maid. And then there was that bombing situation. That sure does count as ‘untoward’.

Michel glanced at Clark's mother, then turned back to him and nodded with understanding. “Ah. Right. Of course.” He winked.
[Linked Image]

“I understand.” She reached the door and opened it, Clark automatically taking it from her and allowing her and Michel to pass through, first. “You're an adult now. You don't owe me any explanations.”
Later that night…
MARTHA: Jonathan, I think we might finally be getting grand children…

What a fun little interlude!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Queenie, this is amazing. I'm so glad you came back to this, and also that you added in the TOC. I apparently left off somewhere around chapter 13 before, so it was like I got a whole bunch of new chapters! clap very well done! I love Michel and how he's made some assumptions about Clark and Lois based off what he thinks he saw. lol if anything more happened, he might have gotten an eyeful.

Can't wait for more!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile

I'm sorry about the posting rate. I've got a little more free time now, so hopefully I can pick it up, a bit.

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard