A/N: Has it really been that long?! Here's the ToC if anyone needs a refresher for the story thus far. This chapter is just a little something, and much thanks to Endelda for her help and encouragement. I'll try have more up soon.

It felt so good to fly with someone else again. Clark flashed a grin at his companion as they neared the farmhouse. The door immediately swung open when they landed, and his mother ran out to greet them. “Clark! Michel!” She pulled each of them into a hug. Michel stiffened slightly when she wrapped her arms around him, but otherwise went along with it.

“It's good to see you again, Mrs. Kent,” his friend said when she finally pulled away.

His mom nodded. “Same here. Clark told us about what happened at that dinner with your folks. How did you get them to change their minds?”

Michel's smile disappeared. “Er...Well...”

“You didn't?” she filled in, tilting her head slightly.

“I...well, they do not need to know every detail of my life, correct?” Michel gave a nervous chuckle.

Her mouth pressed into a thin line.

“It's not really the same thing as lying to them, Mom,” Clark interjected.

She turned and gave Clark a look.

“Anyway,” Clark hastily added in a desperate attempt to change the subject, “we need to learn how to control this mental bond we seem to have, and we were hoping you and Dad could help us figure things out.”

She turned to Michel, who nodded. “Yes, as soon as possible!” His voice dropped to a mutter. “Especially now that you and Miss Lane are together.”

His mom must have heard the comment. Eyes wide, she whipped back to Clark. “What?! You and Lois...?!”

“What? No!” Clark exclaimed. “We're not together!”

Michel stared at him. “Really?” After a moment, something seemed to click. “Huh.”

“What?” Clark asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

“Nothing,” Michel replied with a shrug. “I just never figured you to be the type.”

“What type?” Clark began, already feeling the heat creep up his neck as it started to dawn on him just what Michel thought. “Look, Michel, it wasn't like that, okay? Nothing happened in that hotel room!”

Michel glanced at Clark's mother, then turned back to him and nodded with understanding. “Ah. Right. Of course.” He winked.

Clark's blush deepened.

His mother made a strangled sound that morphed into a cough. As they headed into the house, she turned to grin at Clark. “You know, Honey, if there's anything you need to tell us about you and Lois...”

“There isn't!” His ears felt like they were on fire.

“I understand.” She reached the door and opened it, Clark automatically taking it from her and allowing her and Michel to pass through, first. “You're an adult now. You don't owe me any explanations.”

Clark rested his forehead against the solid wood of the door. Inside, he could hear his mother finally burst out laughing.

“Explanations about what?” he heard his father ask.

Clark sighed.

TBC...

~•~