Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279842 04/05/18 06:34 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

(You can thank Folc for this being posted today, because she answered my question. laugh Thanks!)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Yay! You posted! Thank you to both of you.

I like how Clark handled the hold up quickly and it got them onto the path of him being Superman. Loving how Lois is trying not to have feelings for Clark and that she’s letting him get to know Havana better. I’m hoping Dr.Klein will have some answers for them. Looking forward to more!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part, nicely played.

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
What is it with Batman lately? Everyone wants to be Batman. (I ended up reading an article about reading Batman comics to help with writing this morning)

Lois as Clark's muse. I like that. I like how Clark was able to handle the guys holding up Mike's restaurant. Love how Lois is giving Clark a chance and even Dr. Klein a chance.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by jackiek
I like how Clark handled the hold up quickly and it got them onto the path of him being Superman.
laugh Thanks! Glad you liked it. I didn't want to draw out the robbery thing for too long, it's not too important.

Loving how Lois is trying not to have feelings for Clark and that she’s letting him get to know Havana better. I’m hoping Dr.Klein will have some answers for them.
Yes, there is still some attraction between them (because there's only so long you can ignore a soul mate...) More answers and more Havana to come... And soon!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful part, nicely played.
Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
What is it with Batman lately? Everyone wants to be Batman. (I ended up reading an article about reading Batman comics to help with writing this morning)

lol I like to throw in a random character or two, especially since on the show we never got any of that, but now with the CW shows we get crossovers all over the place. It's a nerd's dream.

Lois as Clark's muse. I like that. I like how Clark was able to handle the guys holding up Mike's restaurant. Love how Lois is giving Clark a chance and even Dr. Klein a chance.
Thanks. I thought it was a cute idea. More chances to come.

--Mark Twain
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
It's a nerd's dream.

I have a photo on my computer that was obviously taken at a Star Wars convention. It shows a half-dozen or more attractive young women in Leia metal bikini outfits having a pillow fight. The caption reads "Somewhere a nerd only has two wishes left."

Putting Superman and Batman in the same story is a lot like that.

Anyway, I like this story. I'm glad your muse spilled out that last line in the first chapter instead of whatever you had originally planned. Being a dad and a granddad, I want to see more of that cute little pixie Havana, but I understand why you're focused on Lois and her relationship with Clark instead. I, too, like the way the relationship is progressing, how Clark wants to be a huge part of their lives but is unwilling to crash into them, and how Uncle Mike knew everything about Clark except what he looked like. He's so strong when he's protecting her.

I also like the way Clark dealt with the attempted armed robbery, impressing Lois by not trying to be the big bad man who opens up a can of butt-whoopin' under any and all provocations. It made her understand how different he really is inside while emphasizing his outside differences. Well done. (And I was chewing my nails thinking that this would be a major stumbling block for her.) Kudos for the Superman hints, too.

Bernie better have something good to tell them. That's all I have to say on the subject right now.

Until next time (Is it up yet? Is it up yet? Is it up yet? No? Nuts!).

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just found this story yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I've been away from the boards for a while and it is refreshing to catch up.
And I've forgotten how to put in quotes, but I like this. "I like to throw in a random character or two, especially since on the show we never got any of that, but now with the CW shows we get crossovers all over the place. It's a nerd's dream."
Speaking of crossovers, I'm doing Supergirl, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow through all seasons. I gave up on Arrow, but did see the foursome combo.
ready for some more
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mouse, with each chapter, this little gem of a story keeps getting better and better! So totally waiting to hear what Bernie has to say!

So cool that not only is Lois in on the secret, she still gets to help him come up with a way to be Superman without endangering his secret. Now that everything else is out of the way, can we see Havana again? She is such a cutie! jump

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I have a photo on my computer that was obviously taken at a Star Wars convention. It shows a half-dozen or more attractive young women in Leia metal bikini outfits having a pillow fight. The caption reads "Somewhere a nerd only has two wishes left."

Putting Superman and Batman in the same story is a lot like that.
laugh Too true. Although realistically, it would be Batman and Superman (and the Flash, etc.) having the half-naked pillow fight... if it were my nerd wish. drool

Anyway, I like this story. I'm glad your muse spilled out that last line in the first chapter instead of whatever you had originally planned.
Glad you like it so much! I will say the original plan was just for it to be about Havana, or rather any mention of a child, but this was much more tempting of an idea, and I found a way to make both work. wink

Being a dad and a granddad, I want to see more of that cute little pixie Havana, but I understand why you're focused on Lois and her relationship with Clark instead. I, too, like the way the relationship is progressing, how Clark wants to be a huge part of their lives but is unwilling to crash into them, and how Uncle Mike knew everything about Clark except what he looked like.
Don't worry. There's always going to be more Havana (next chapter and more). I'm even half tempted (and you didn't hear this from me) to write a sequel to this story... or two. Depending on a lot of factors. But that's a rumor for now. Only one project at a time for Mouse (even though that's a lie, there's three in progress). peep

I also like the way Clark dealt with the attempted armed robbery, impressing Lois by not trying to be the big bad man who opens up a can of butt-whoopin' under any and all provocations. It made her understand how different he really is inside while emphasizing his outside differences. Well done. (And I was chewing my nails thinking that this would be a major stumbling block for her.) Kudos for the Superman hints, too.
/bows/ Thanks. What's that phrase? Over-aggressive, testosterone-filled show-off never won fair lady?

(Is it up yet? Is it up yet? Is it up yet?
Chapter 8 is up!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Artemis
Just found this story yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I've been away from the boards for a while and it is refreshing to catch up.
hyper Artemis! wave Long time no see! Glad you're liking this story so far. Hope you stay a while.

And I've forgotten how to put in quotes, but I like this. "I like to throw in a random character or two, especially since on the show we never got any of that, but now with the CW shows we get crossovers all over the place. It's a nerd's dream."
Speaking of crossovers, I'm doing Supergirl, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow through all seasons. I gave up on Arrow, but did see the foursome combo.
That's so funny because I also dropped Arrow. Flash is my current DC love/obsession, because it has a similar feel to Lois and Clark, and they've had me hooked since episode one with Harrison Wells (and they haven't been able to push me away once). I still have to catch up on some Supergirls though.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Morgana
Mouse, with each chapter, this little gem of a story keeps getting better and better! So totally waiting to hear what Bernie has to say!

So cool that not only is Lois in on the secret, she still gets to help him come up with a way to be Superman without endangering his secret. Now that everything else is out of the way, can we see Havana again? She is such a cutie! jump
Thanks! sloppy Bernie is on deck in the next chapter. I like the idea of Lois knowing everything up front (ish). And yes, lots more Havana time to come!

--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I got behind in my commenting, but I enjoyed this part and it made me excited to read the next chapter. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
laugh Now we'll get Superman! laugh
I'm really enjoying the story.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another excellent chapter! I’m enjoying this fic very much. smile1

Your Uncle Mike is a perfectly delineated character with such few brush strokes. Bravo!
And I relished Bill Henderson’s irony, even if he’s a little heavy on sarcasms. He hasn’t forgotten how to add 2 + 2.

So, at long last, Superman is about to appear. I love the idea of Lois being SM’s Muse… and I keep my fingers crossed for Bernie to find a cure.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard