Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here, at last, we come to the final part of this story. But not to fear! The last installment of the trilogy - A New Dawn - is in with my beta and being polished. So, while we'll take a small break from the trilogy, it won't be too long before we get to the last part.

Thank you, gentle readers, for coming along with me on this journey.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
Wow. What an ending. I loved it and what a kiss.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Wow. What an ending. I loved it and what a kiss.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I got all caught up and really enjoyed this story. So glad there’s
a third part. What a sweet ending!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
I got all caught up and really enjoyed this story. So glad there’s
a third part. What a sweet ending!

Thanks! Glad you've been enjoying the ride so far. Hang on though - part 3 gets a little bumpy! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He clamped his mouth shut in horror when he realized what he’d just said. He felt his entire body erupt with heat as he turned scarlet red in a blush. He very nearly physically put his hands over his mouth, like a cartoon character. A thought occurred to him – of all his strange and amazing powers, why didn’t he have the ability to shrink down small enough to escape without detection?

Awww! Now if that is not the sign of a man in love I don't know what is! Only one bit of advice I can give you Clark; either tell her about your 'side hustle' or discontinue seeing her as Superman, otherwise this lovely first date is gonna be nothing but a cherished memory. sloppy

Please do the right thing and don't leave this woman hanging.

Enjoying this lovely story, waiting quietly for the final part in this series.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
He clamped his mouth shut in horror when he realized what he’d just said. He felt his entire body erupt with heat as he turned scarlet red in a blush. He very nearly physically put his hands over his mouth, like a cartoon character. A thought occurred to him – of all his strange and amazing powers, why didn’t he have the ability to shrink down small enough to escape without detection?

Awww! Now if that is not the sign of a man in love I don't know what is! Only one bit of advice I can give you Clark; either tell her about your 'side hustle' or discontinue seeing her as Superman, otherwise this lovely first date is gonna be nothing but a cherished memory. sloppy

Please do the right thing and don't leave this woman hanging.

Enjoying this lovely story, waiting quietly for the final part in this series.

Yep, he's a man fully committed to this love thing! wink But, um, he's still Clark so...telling Lois about his extracurricular activities...Mwhahahaha!

Final story is in the works, being heavily edited and prepped as we speak. Hopefully it won't take too long and I can start posting again. It's the largest story in the trilogy, that much I can say.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
[quote=Morgana][quote]

Final story is in the works, being heavily edited and prepped as we speak. Hopefully it won't take too long and I can start posting again. It's the largest story in the trilogy, that much I can say.
I'm looking forward to it

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I fell behind on my commenting and getting sick didn't help.

I enjoyed the ending and I'm looking forward to the start of the final part. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by tytyren
[quote=Deadly Chakram][quote=Morgana]
I'm looking forward to it

Thank you! Glad you've been enjoying the series. The editing is ongoing for the last one....

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I fell behind on my commenting and getting sick didn't help.

I enjoyed the ending and I'm looking forward to the start of the final part. smile

Ugh, yeah, we've had the plague running through our house too. No fun!

Glad you liked the story and I'm hoping to get the next one started on the boards soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Now I am done with this and I am still craving for more... Well done, as much as Clark had to suffer in the first story it was nice to see that he was being treated a bit more nicely in this one.

I am assuming that he won't get off that easy in the third installment but I am sure all the hardships in his life will be forgotten once he and Lois become the family he always had wished for. (I have seen the devil-smiley you posted earlier in this thread, so I am eagerly awaiting the bumpy ride that lays ahead)

You've written a really wonderful story!

Kathryn
Kerth
Kerth
AAAHhHHH!

Getting that out if the way... I loved this story. I can't believe I missed the sequel to Embracing the Darkness, and when I went back to read this I told myself I was gonna be good and comment thoroughly on each chapter... But instead I read it in it's entirety in less than two days goofy thud

This story was very well done. Where 'Embracing' was dark and twisty and kind of a slow upward path from the depths of despair, this sequel did an excellent job in remembering his roots and yet still bringing things up into a much lighter territory (pun maybe intended).

I loved the development of Superman, and that Alfred created the suit. I loved how Bruce teasingly told Lois the truth, that Clark loved her. rotflol I loved, probably most of all, that Lois knew he wasn't just teasing.

The part where he tells Lois about his past mecry so sad and bittersweet but a lovely scene in how he confided in her. The switch between her calling him "rich boy" and "farm boy" was such a sweet touch.

And I squealed so loudly at Lois telling Clark she wanted to date him! smile1 hyper love that really shook some sense into her,and I love that they're getting together so early (even though technically it's not because you've got them a year ish behind from canon).

All around, another fabulous story! And, more importantly, there's one already started on the way! clap how fabulous for me! (And you, because I can actually provide propper fdk for this one goofy )

So glad your muse made this thrillogy happen! Can't wait to see how Lois will react not only to the fact that Clark is Superman, but that he used to be Nightwing eek

I also am wondering if Bruce's secret will stay intact....

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse! Glad you enjoyed the story. I think part 3 is going to be riiiiiiight up your alley. It gets a bit darker than this part did, but in a different way than Embracing.

I liked the idea of having Alfred make the suit as a tip of the hat to Martha making canon Clark's. Plus, it made sense, with all the Bat-suit he makes. :P And as for Bruce, I adored writing him in this trilogy. Bats and Supes being at odds with one another is fun at all, but letting them be best friends and teasing each other mercilessly? Too much fun to pass up! Of course he'd out Clark's feelings! (Good thing too, because our boy wasn't moving too fast on his own in getting Lois to date him.)

Giving Clark such a depressing past and letting him relate it all to Lois was interesting for me. He gets to tell her one of his biggest secrets right off the bat and it lets them bond since she knows how awful it is for him to tell her, and clues her in on how much he trusts her. Now, as for the OTHER huge secret.... devil

Lots more coming up for you in Part 3! If you thought I was being evil to Clark in Embracing, you'd better buckle your seatbelt! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard