Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
All comments go here. smile1

Many thanks go to MikeM as my beta. I wrote this in a very short time, it is incredible what hearing a song can do for one's muse. For those FoLC's who read have Stranger in our Midst exactly who the mysterious Aykira Milan is will make perfectly good sense. Not that I'm trying to encourage anyone to read the story. whistle

Last edited by Morgana; 04/09/18 07:05 PM. Reason: Simple edits to make this paragraph clearer.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
I love it! Very smooth indeed, if it were Clark saying them maybe there'd be a different reaction... drool

I love the inclusion of Aykira, too! I definitely think it played better than Mrs. Cox would have. Great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cool little story! Lex has met his match, hasn't he? Regretfully, I haven't yet had time to read Stranger In Our Midst, but Aykira is pretty intriguing. Lex better watch his back! (Not that I don't want to see Lex get his butt handed to him, mind you.)

Great work!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mouserocks

So glad it was, to quote Jimmy, a ‘smooth’ read. I took some of what Clark had said during the pilot and threw it in just for kicks and giggles.

I never warmed to the Mrs. Cox character, as a matter of fact, she is my least favorite of Lex’s henchmen. Asabi was by far the most loyal of all of them, while Nigel was the most lethal. The relationship with her ended when Lex was arrested. The woman had not a touch of loyalty. Whereas Lex continued working with the others after his ‘return’.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Deadly Chakram

Hiya!

Glad you liked the story!

Aykira is a woman to be reckoned with in Lex’s world. She saves his butt in Stranger, but he does suffer eventually. If you ever get a chance, take a look at the story. They meet under very different circumstances in that story than what you read here. But there is still a great deal of mystery surrounding her until ...oops! Don't want to give away the plot!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/13/18 08:33 AM.

Morgana

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
I liked the story

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Tytyren

I liked the story

Thanks for the comment and welcome to the boards! wave

Last edited by Morgana; 04/16/18 02:16 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm....How did she know his name? confused

huh

I think there might be more to this story. Thanks for the fun read.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
FoLC4evernaday

Hmmm....How did she know his name? confused

huh

I think there might be more to this story. Thanks for the fun read.

Yes, there is more to the story ...that is another story! Stranger in our Midst which tells the entire story of Lex's relationship with this mysterious woman. This ficlet is a very different variation on the theme.

Thank you so much for the feedback! It was much appreciated.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

I’m working through my Kerth backlog, so this is a new universe for me smile1

“Those men would have killed me! I cannot believe how swiftly you beat them. Who… who are you?”
From the opening statement, I’m guessing this is Aykira and Lex?

I was sitting on the bed, with its coarse coverlet feeling scratchy against my skin, nursing a swollen jaw and wounded ego.
Yep, so Lex.

My newly-purchased Armani suit was torn in places;
Oh, here I thought you meant actual Street Fighter, as in the video game and Lex was one of the fighters. But I’m guessing Aykira rescued Lex and not the other way around.

This ravishing creature doesn’t know that. She thinks she interrupted a simple mugging.
Aww, he’s imprinted on her. Wonder if that will mean he will not be interested in Lois, or just that he will have one more notch on his belt.

“I am here to help. Anything else, for the time being, is unimportant. Not now, but someday you will be a man of considerable influence. When the moment is right, I shall come to you and request a favor.”
/imagines her speaking with a hoarse whisper and a thick Italian accent.

“What if I don’t remember this brief encounter.
She would remember him.

Perhaps if we spend some time together …”
Oh. Now that’s smooth. For his standards…

“That would be most unwise.
Yes, he might end up with a broken femur.

We both have more important matters to attend to than participating in a moment of fleeting pleasure.
laugh

“Woman, don’t be coy, you turn me on. We just experienced more than a brush with danger and our senses are alive and kickin’. After such a moment, a taste of shared pleasure is soothing to the mind and body.”
shock Lex!

I keenly look forward to that day and whatever request she makes.
/cocks eyebrow/

A thought came to my mind and gave me pause: how did Aykira Milan know my name?
Interesting question, that.

Interesting start of a universe, Morgana. Since I’m a tad behind on my reading, I guess it is all explained in the above mentioned stories?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard