Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#279820 04/04/18 10:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know, I know, it's a few days late. But I still hope you got a chuckle out of it. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Online Happy
Columnist
That was cute. I am glad that they were in on it together. Great work. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the bloody scene myself.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Excellent! rotflol thumbsup

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Truly delightful. Great fun.

“I have a whole year to plan my revenge.”

Maybe we need a Lois payback challenge for April 1st 2019.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
That was cute. I am glad that they were in on it together. Great work. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the bloody scene myself.

Haha, thanks! Perhaps, one day, the muse will work on a similar set up where there actually is a murder, but for now, this was all she would give me. Glad I could make you laugh. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Excellent! rotflol thumbsup

Haha! Glad you enjoyed it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Framework4
Truly delightful. Great fun.

“I have a whole year to plan my revenge.”

Maybe we need a Lois payback challenge for April 1st 2019.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm totally down for Lois' revenge - no matter who writes it. Jimmy and Clark better watch out! (Especially if Lois knows CK=S by then!)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
clap clap clap

That was perfect! I love that Clark and Jimmy teamed up to take her down (also love the use of Loki's name, perfect inclusion for April Fool's). But I really loved how you showed Clark is already in her head, making her think twice about running headlong into danger... I like that it doesn't change her mind, but it's the thought that counts, right? lol

That was a blast and a half. Can't wait for Lois' revenge next year.
LOIS: What? No... angel-devil

Last edited by Mouserocks; 04/05/18 01:23 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
clap clap clap

That was perfect! I love that Clark and Jimmy teamed up to take her down (also love the use of Loki's name, perfect inclusion for April Fool's). But I really loved how you showed Clark is already in her head, making her think twice about running headlong into danger... I like that it doesn't change her mind, but it's the thought that counts, right? lol

That was a blast and a half. Can't wait for Lois' revenge next year.
LOIS: What? No... angel-devil

Haha! Thanks Mouse! I like to think that teaming up Clark and Jimmy was the saving grace that allowed them to pull off the prank. wink And Loki was a no-brainer for me, as a lover of mythology. How could Clark possibly use any other name? Plus, in a way, he was actually being nice to Lois by using the name Loki. It was like he was tipping her off to the fact that it was a prank, but of course Lois would miss the reference. wink

I'm glad you liked Clark getting into Lois' mind a little. I figured, by this point in their friendship, he'd be affecting her at least in little ways. (I know I tend to pick up phrases that my friends use after being around them for a little while.)

But the real question is...did I just condemn myself to having to come up with revenge for Lois next year? Because that is scary! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I gotta admit, this story had me going for a minute there! Great job DC!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
But the real question is...did I just condemn myself to having to come up with revenge for Lois next year? Because that is scary!

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Because yes, you did condemn yourself. Bwahahahaha! Wait until 2019!

This was hysterical! Very well done, DC!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
I gotta admit, this story had me going for a minute there! Great job DC!

Thanks, Morgana! Glad I could keep up the mystery for you until the end!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
But the real question is...did I just condemn myself to having to come up with revenge for Lois next year? Because that is scary!

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Because yes, you did condemn yourself. Bwahahahaha! Wait until 2019!

This was hysterical! Very well done, DC!

Gah! peep I may have to enter the Ficness Protection Plan!

I've asked the muse to be inspired. I hope she is. It would be kinda fun to let Lois get revenge. Mwhahaha!

Thanks, Terry! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EXCELLENT! clap clap clap

It's telling that they know Lois well enough to know that 1) she'll come and 2) she won't call the cops first. XD

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
EXCELLENT! clap clap clap

It's telling that they know Lois well enough to know that 1) she'll come and 2) she won't call the cops first. XD

Thanks! I toyed with having her call Henderson and having him in on the prank too. But it's definitely more of a Lois trait to get the story and call the police later. laugh And yes, they knew they had her hook, line, and sinker. LOL!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
You really had me going. The guy on the phone calling himself Loki seemed significant, but I couldn't figure out what might be wrong with it. As Lois was creeping down the hallway, I just kept thinking that she should have called Clark for backup. But, of course, Lois is braver than I am.

This was a really fun story.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmmmm. This is a really funny prank, showing that Clark knows exactly which buttons to press to make Lois investigate... I hope we'll have the treat of reading about Lois's April Fools reply.
Bravo! A very enjoyable reading.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
You really had me going. The guy on the phone calling himself Loki seemed significant, but I couldn't figure out what might be wrong with it. As Lois was creeping down the hallway, I just kept thinking that she should have called Clark for backup. But, of course, Lois is braver than I am.

This was a really fun story.

Haha! I'm glad you picked up that the name Loki had significance. I'm a sucker for mythology, so of course the prankster god came immediately to mind when Clark was giving a false name to her, but I realize that not everyone would catch the reference. (Doesn't help that Loki in the recent Avengers movies is more like the jerk, evil god and less of the prankster.)

Lois is braver than me too. I would have called the cops and hid out at Clark's apartment. There's a reason why I didn't choose Journalism as my Mass Communications concentration in college! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
Hmmmm. This is a really funny prank, showing that Clark knows exactly which buttons to press to make Lois investigate... I hope we'll have the treat of reading about Lois's April Fools reply.
Bravo! A very enjoyable reading.

Haha, yep! Our Clark knows Lois inside and out. And it seems like he's got a little bit of a mischievous side. First Godzilla, now a dead body to get her going! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Haha, yep! Our Clark knows Lois inside and out. And it seems like he's got a little bit of a mischievous side. First Godzilla, now a dead body to get her going! laugh
With every version of Superman that I've run across (TV, movies, comics), the personality trait that seems the most consistent is that he loves to mess with people.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard