Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Here's one of the WAFFiest things I've written for this site. Hope it meets with everyone's approval. jawdrop

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It does! smile1
A great and humorous ending to an awesome story.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
It was a wonderful, sweet and funny ending. Loved it!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Forgot to mention that there's a very brief epilogue coming up. There was just a tad more to tell.

Kerth
Kerth
Great story. As you say, different than your previous works smile.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Expecting you next idea.

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!

Aaaand we’re in the final round… *wroooom*
It was nice having a good friend who was a woman, even if Cat’s idea of evening entertainment was stuffing the dancers’ G-strings at Chippendale’s with dollar bills.
laugh I'll bet Lois is now cursing her adamant dismissal of the idea of Clark working as a Chippendale's dancer.

She couldn’t even qualify for Clark’s class ‘Q’ league.
This reminds me of the janitor who never made it onto the field because he never showed up for try-outs in the first place.

It wouldn’t be her, of course, but surely there was someone out there for him, someone he could trust and love and cherish.
[Linked Image]

There was no one out there for her. She couldn’t imagine any man being as worthy of her trust and love as Clark, any man who she would cherish for the rest of her life except him.
[Linked Image]
ALT CLARK: wave

She took the paper and nodded without looking at him. “So Intergang is finished?”
I'm thinking, no, just regrouping under new management.
MINDY: wave

Perry told me I could use their guest room until Cat’s spare room is ready.
Ooooh, Lois is moving into the Cat house.

My old apartment is rented out to someone else now.”
I'm sure Superman could trick the new tenants into thinking the place is haunted.

He held her gaze for a long moment, then softly said, “There’s at least one important thing that we can’t go back to.”

“What’s that?”

“You not knowing that I’m Superman.”
Would the Mind Wammy from Season 3 work? Or maybe just a fire hydrant?

“The thought never crossed my mind, Lois.”

The ghost of a smile tickled her lips. “Never? Not even once?”

He shrugged. “Well, yeah, it did once, but I knocked it down, dragged it down an alley, and beat it to death with a big stick.”

She almost laughed, then forced herself once again not to cry. “I’m so sorry, Clark.”
Nah, it was just excessive self defense. I'm sure he'll be out in 5-10.

“Look, let’s just agree that neither of us deserves a good conduct medal for our behavior toward each other during this investigation and let it go at that. Okay?”
Yes, he made his wife sleep on the couch and never once made her happy. Not even *once*.

His lip twitched. “I aim to please, ma’am.
LOIS: Beg to differ. Wife. Not pleased.

“When you flew us out of that dead end alley I thought I’d been shot and killed and an angel was taking me to – to wherever angels take newly dead people.
St. PETER: Next! - Lane, Lois. Age 27. Lied to her partner. Stole from her colleague. Took advantage of a helpful Kryptonian. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Door to the left, please. And take one of the teflon gloves, the doorknob is hot.

Then when I realized you’d flown us out of there I got mad and scared all at the same time because I thought you’d lied to me but I understand now that you didn’t tell me when we first met because you didn’t know if I’d print the story or not.
Oooh, she's babbling. Only one way to stop that one.

and I want to be a real wife to you and you to be a real husband to me.
So, just to be clear about this, she'd very much prefer him not dating Mayson in the foreseeable future?

and I’ll do the dishes all the time.”
*cocks eyebrow* She must be feeling *really* guilty right now.

The jump she’d just made was a HANC – High Altitude No Chute jump, the kind of thing the Air Force euphemistically called a Zero Survivability Situation. There were only two choices – be saved by Superman or punch a deep hole in the earth when she landed.
To be fair, in the movies the third option usually is to catch a HALO jumper on the way down and take their chute.

“Good. I have a question for you.”

She pressed her eyes shut. “What is it?”

He pulled her into his arms. “Why didn’t you say any of this before? Why did you keep it from me?”
laugh

He laughed softly. “You and I are both complete morons.”
See? *takes quick poll* Now look at all those raised FOLC hands.

“What do – why would you say that?”
True. Why are you insulting your wife? Tsk Tsk Tsk.

If you leave Metropolis after saying what you just said I’ll hunt you down wherever you go
So, crazy stalker ex, then? Marvelous.

She slipped as close to him as their clothing would allow
There's a trick for getting even closer.

It wasn’t just him, either. Lois was responding to his touches as if she’d been waiting for him for years. It was time to take advantage of that. They were married, after all.

Take advantage—

No. He couldn’t take advantage of her, not in this vulnerable state. She might not care afterward, but he would.
LOIS: cat mad

So he called on all of Superman’s immense strength and power and managed to move her back about four inches.
LOIS: dizzy

“Please! I promise – uhh! – I promise to be quick!”
Not the thing she wants to hear during their belated wedding morning.

He tossed her five inches into the air, super-sped to the front door and locked it, then zipped back to catch her before she realized he was gone. “It’s locked now.”
laugh

He didn’t care what she had planned to say. And if her return kiss was any indication, neither did she.
*some time later*
CAT: Com on, Jimmy. What's taking so long?
JIMMY: I'm working as fast as I can. Lois never managed to share her lock picking skills with me.
CAT: Fine. But every minute it takes you to open that door, is a minute more that Lois is missing.

Find Lois, Perry had said. Call me as soon as you do and let me know how she is, he’d ordered. I haven’t heard from her since this morning and I’m worried about her, he’d confessed.
rotflol

But she wasn’t here to evaluate Clark’s living conditions. She still had to find Lois. Maybe she was asleep on the couch?
Or maybe she's tied up in Clark's bedroom with one of his less objectionable ties.

Her eyes were at half-mast and her walk was slow and slightly erratic, and there was a preoccupied smile on her lips.
Uh-huh…
CAT: He’s drugged her!

Fighting laughter, she said, “P-Perry sent me to find you. What are you doing here?”
Clark.

Lois crossed her arms, seemingly half in defiance and half in an attempt at modesty. “What do you think I’m doing here?”
Clark.

The obvious conclusion came to her mind and slid out of her mouth before her mental filter had a chance to engage. “Clark.”
:laufh:

“Will you be quiet!” Lois hissed again. “He’s sleeping!”

“You wore him out already?”
clap

Please tell the editorial worrywart that we’re both fine and that we’ll be back in the office sometime this week
clap

In fact, Lois would probably go completely ballistic on her if she asked.
Nah, Lois is way too tuckered out and satisfied for that.

“Ah, Lois, sometime later, when the two of you aren’t too – um, busy – can I – can I – you know – borrow Clark for a little while?”
shock

Awwww…that was the most adorable ending. And now for the epilogue! clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Glad y'all liked this.

Millefeuilles, you shouldn't laugh at the romantically stunted. (Oh, wait, yes you should! You definitely should! Especially in this tale.) Thanks for reading and commenting.

JackieK, thanks for the kind words. This has the most humor - and maybe the most angst - of anything I've posted here.

Yeah, Daneel, quite different. Although I've shoved these characters into some really different situations before.

Michael, thanks ever so much for the high-quality beta work you did on this. Kudos to you too.

Now I'm posting the epilogue.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard