Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279541 03/15/18 06:01 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Not that I condone murder, but anyone remember who shot J.R from Dallas in the early 1980's, late 1970's? What if there was a L&C twist? Who killed Lex Luthor?

There is a murder in Metropolis. Who killed Lex Luthor? Does this occur Season 1 or when he comes back in Season 2-3? Who had a motive? Was it an ex-lover? One of his illegitimate children? What if Lois and Clark was one of the suspects?

I love a good murder mystery.... Nancy Drew was my favorite growing up. Any takers?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J.R.'s mistress shot him. She was his sister-in-law, Christine.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This Lex. He used a clone and killed it himself to escape arrest.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
J.R. didn't die, perhaps your tale shouldn't have Lex die either. Just be shot and in a coma long enough for his empire to start to fall apart.

Framework4
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I didn't say J.R. died just that he was shot. I do remember who shot him. I just love a good mystery. Just thought a murder mystery was a good idea.

Features Writer
Features Writer
If Lex or someone staged their own death or that of the victim (e.g. Lex stages Lois's death to kidnap her and frame Clark and/or Superman), another approach would be to have it be like a Columbo episode, where the reader knows the killer and his/her motive, but the investigator(s) have to solve the crime. Could be an interesting twist if neither Clark nor Lois were in a position to solve the crime(s) and someone else had to.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
If I may toot my own horn, you could check out my story The Write Stuff, which is a murder mystery on the space station from the series. It's really a Lois solo adventure with Clark in the beginning and at the end, along with some neat misdirection and some nice comments by the readers. If you read it, please let me know what you think.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
OMG I would love a good murder mystery fic! It would be so much fun! Make it like a telenovela, there's always plenty of scandalous things going on in Lex's life to work with. Who shot Lex Luthor? Everyone's a suspect. His ex-wife who wants his empire for herself, his new flame, Lois Lane, Miranda or Mrs. Cox or some other scorned lover, or the ex-spy who turned on him, or the new reporter Clark Kent who found him suspicious and was investigating him.... So many options. Mwahaha.

I also think it'd be great in an Agatha Christie kind of style, or Clue.... "Mr. Body" could be Lex, hosting a big party or fundraiser like the White Orchid Ball (or something smaller) and he either really is murdered or fakes his death to frame someone at the party. Each of the players could be a suspect who also has to solve the crime-- Lois is Miss Scarlet, Clark is Prof. Plum, and they have to form a begrudging team to figure out whodunnit. Maybe Lex is trying to flush out Superman, he has it narrowed down to a few candidates, or framing him, and faking his death is the only way to get out of it. Or maybe he actually is dead. Who knows. Something light-hearted would be great (I know, I know, oxymoron for a murder mystery to be light-hearted, but just something fun and not too angsty).

Sorry I might have hijacked your thread... blush No more ideas, for real. /stickingmyheadinthesand/ I have too many things to write!

Edit: Terry, I will definitely be checking that out. Thanks for the rec!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 03/19/18 06:11 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Something light-hearted would be great (I know, I know, oxymoron for a murder mystery to be light-hearted, but just something fun and not too angsty).
It's not that weird an idea, Mouse. You should try reading cozies sometime -- basically, they're lighthearted murder mysteries with a theme.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If you want light-hearted mysteries, might I suggest the "The Cat Who ..." series?

My turn to plug my own work: It's not a murder mystery, but if anyone is interested in an L&C/Sherlock Holmes crossover, you could read my The Case of the Flying Man.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
If you want light-hearted mysteries, might I suggest the "The Cat Who ..." series?
I love "The Cat Who..." books. I was introduced to them in middle school and have loved murder mysteries ever since. A Lois & Clark murder mystery sounds like fun.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Annie B. #279595 03/20/18 07:21 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Something light-hearted would be great (I know, I know, oxymoron for a murder mystery to be light-hearted, but just something fun and not too angsty).
It's not that weird an idea, Mouse. You should try reading cozies sometime -- basically, they're lighthearted murder mysteries with a theme.

I love my cozy mysteries. I read ones with recipes in them such as the Cupcake Bakery Mysteries or the Coffeehouse Mysteries.

What gave me the idea was watching Murder on the Orient Express.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard