Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136916 11/11/13 06:19 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good memory--and good points about about his cape and Lois' shoes...so maybe it seems that the spandex is 'super protected' and anything else really isn't then thumbsup

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136917 11/12/13 05:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
105. Clark gives off an aura that protects anything within a millimeter or so of his skin. (AKA, why normal, non-K bullets don't rip the suit.) So why the heck was he naked after smashing into Nightfall and falling back to Earth? His suit should have been protected by his aura, even with his memory getting scrambled/him blacking out.
Having a brain-fog here, but what about the cape? Don't seem to remember it being in too much danger throughout the series, but definitely not within a millimeter of his skin...
Which is also part of what was odd. A piece of his cape survived (Perry and Jimmy found it), but the Spandex, which should have been protected, wasn't.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136918 11/12/13 05:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Which is also part of what was odd. A piece of his cape survived (Perry and Jimmy found it), but the Spandex, which should have been protected, wasn't.
I thought it was part of his "S" shield from his suit, not a part of the cape, which was found.

Also, if UW had to save Earth from Nightfall, what would have happened if she'd been found naked without any memories in a hole in Suicide Slum? Hmmmm. I'm thinking this deserves a spot over in "What if...?"

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136919 11/12/13 04:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] Which is also part of what was odd. A piece of his cape survived (Perry and Jimmy found it), but the Spandex, which should have been protected, wasn't.
I thought it was part of his "S" shield from his suit, not a part of the cape, which was found.

Also, if UW had to save Earth from Nightfall, what would have happened if she'd been found naked without any memories in a hole in Suicide Slum? Hmmmm. I'm thinking this deserves a spot over in "What if...?" [/b]
<checks screencaps> Oh, wait, you're right. My bad. It WAS part of the shield. blush

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136920 12/04/13 01:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
106. How did Clark's tea kettle get so dusty from "lack of use" by Man of Steel Bars, if he used it to make tea after his first shift at the Metro Club? (some 3 episodes earlier)

107. Who was Lex talking with on the phone with at the end IGaCoY? This person knew about Lex and Toni's joint effort with the Toasters, and somehow was able to get the toaster guns away from the police (this is assuming that the police picked up the Toasters after SM froze them) to be destroyed. Because Lex said that they have the blueprints to make more, if necessary.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136921 12/05/13 12:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
108. Why did Superman assume that the cop (Burke) outside of Fort Metropolis knew where Lois was? He'd left her back at Clark's apartment with Alan, and yes, I know, she never stays put, and he didn't tell her to stay there, either. Why did he think she was going to be there?

108a. How did Lois and Alan know that Barnes was in the process of breaking into Fort Metropolis right then? I know they were invisible, but how did *they* get past the security?

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#136922 12/06/13 02:27 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
A response to 68: Where did Clark's "spin thing" come from?

In the episode referenced when Clark was trying on multiple outfits for a date with Lois (yeah, women aren't the only ones who do that), when he decides on the "right one" he says "Smokin'!" and does this cartoon-like arm-swing/leg-lift before speeding off-camera. That episode came out at the same time Jim Carrey's version of "The Mask" was in national release, and that same move was one of The Mask's scenes just before he went to the night club to visit Tina (Cameron Diaz). It was an attempt to tie into the popularity of that movie without actually stealing anything from it and getting sued - although I don't know who'd admit it today. As well-built and well-defined as Dean Cain was in those days, he was never as flexible as Jim Carrey (but aside from professional contortionists, who is?).

And a response to 92: Does Lois ever sing professionally?

[begin blatant self-promotion]

You could check out my story "Play Some Mountain Music" over on the boards or on the archives. Lois is the bass player/vocalist for an all-female band named The Mountaintops, and she rocks! Look for Lucy and Wanda Detroit, too.

[end blatant self-promotion]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#136923 12/06/13 06:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
A response to 68: Where did Clark's "spin thing" come from?

In the episode referenced when Clark was trying on multiple outfits for a date with Lois (yeah, women aren't the only ones who do that), when he decides on the "right one" he says "Smokin'!" and does this cartoon-like arm-swing/leg-lift before speeding off-camera. That episode came out at the same time Jim Carrey's version of "The Mask" was in national release, and that same move was one of The Mask's scenes just before he went to the night club to visit Tina (Cameron Diaz). It was an attempt to tie into the popularity of that movie without actually stealing anything from it and getting sued - although I don't know who'd admit it today. As well-built and well-defined as Dean Cain was in those days, he was never as flexible as Jim Carrey (but aside from professional contortionists, who is?).
It's been a while since I saw Lucky Leon (because other than the date, the weak A-plot was not one of my favorites), but I do recall catching the Mask reference when I first watched it (and that was in 2010). AND the Mask did do the spin thing to change as well. I had forgotten about that.

Total aside, my son often reminds me of a 6 y.o. Jim Carrey with his silliness, jokes, and dancing style. (I've even told him that. Of course, having never seen a Jim Carrey movie, he has no idea to whom I'm referring. laugh ) Carrey's raunchy comedy styling isn't exactly PG, so he'll have to wait a few more years before he'll catch that reference.

VirginiaR.
---
#136924 12/10/13 07:42 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I remember when watching Lucky Leon the first time in 1995, I caught the reference to The Mask from this episode...And the funny thing is, I don't think I had seen the movie at the time--probably enough talk about it though that I was able to pick it up? Anyway, have always enjoyed that part of the episode when they are both getting ready for an evening together.

LL definitely has somewhat of a weak A-plot, but for me anyway, the more I see any episode of the show, the more I tend to love all of it...there's something fun about the growing familiarity of any scene from the show--the more familiar the better--even the weaker, villian-type parts. I love it when lines from the show become second-nature--when you sit there and can just mouth along...it's fun, and comforting (in a strange, sort of way confused )...BATP, HOL, WWW, ATAI--all eps that have been watched (and watched.....and watched) blush ...among many others.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136925 12/13/13 06:48 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I was reading some of Nan Smith's next generation fiction and I realized that this should be considered a dangling thread.

109. Did any of the NK invaders leave genetic traces of their visit?
110. Did any of the NK invaders defect?

Shallowford
Features Writer
Features Writer
68. How does Clark come up with the spin change?

I didn't recall the connection until I watched an old Wonder Woman episode with Lynda Carter. In an interview, she said she came up with Wonder Woman's spin from her experience as a dancer when they needed a way for her to change quickly. I wonder if Clark's was inspired by Wonder Woman. Her spin is slower than Clark's in LnC, a function I suspect of the evolution of special effects from the 1970s to 1990s.

Her spin also evolved in Season 1 from

Original [i]Wonder Woman[/i] Spin Change

to

later Season 1

The Superman movie (and maybe more than the first) with Christopher Reeve had a running joke with him unable to find a suitable phone booth to change.

It doesn't explain how he came up with it in canon, but may explain why it was a special effect.

Last edited by cuidadora; 03/05/18 10:25 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
I would absolutely love a story where Clark grew up watching Wonder Woman television shows, and he adopted a lot from her character in the show. The secret identity via glasses, the spin change, possibly more... Wonder Woman is supposed to have existed way before, so there's a way it could be written that she came on the scene, disappeared, and had some tall tales written and produced about her... years later, Clark comes to learn his childhood hero is not only real, but alive and well.

No more bunnies for Mouse, though. Mouse is tired.

Edit: No romantic overtones, though it would be fun to see Lois crazy jealous over Clark because of how he idolizes Wonder Woman. But it would just be a mundane childhood crush at most.

Last edited by Mouserocks; 03/10/18 04:24 AM. Reason: more ideas

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
I would absolutely love a story where Clark grew up watching Wonder Woman television shows, and he adopted a lot from her character in the show. The secret identity via glasses, the spin change, possibly more... Wonder Woman is supposed to have existed way before, so there's a way it could be written that she came on the scene, disappeared, and had some tall tales written and produced about her... years later, Clark comes to learn his childhood hero is not only real, but alive and well.

No more bunnies for Mouse, though. Mouse is tired.

Edit: No romantic overtones, though it would be fun to see Lois crazy jealous over Clark because of how he idolizes Wonder Woman. But it would just be a mundane childhood crush at most.
I love this idea, Mouse! I agree, it would work better without a romantic triangle.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Mouserocks

Or they have both been writing in Wonder Woman fanzines or bulletin boards and know each other from their pseudonyms. So a bonding moment when they find out.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard