Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hope you like this one. The chair thing is, as far as I'm aware, my own mad scientist invention. As far as Lois' new-found self-awareness, we'll see how that goes over with Clark fairly soon.
wallbash
I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these guys in the feedback, either.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Hi! I just read chapters 1-9 and am totally engrossed. What a unique idea you’ve got here. I would never have pictured our Lois and Clark as comedians but it totally works for this story. It’s witty, heartbreaking, sweet and wonderful. I am very much looking forward to the rest. I hope one of them works up the courage to say the scary words soon.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
I'm going to be obvious here and say that Billie Jean is the preferred song for the soundtrack in this chapter laugh

One thing I'm curious about is how Clark is handling his Superman activities.

He hasn't had to leave suddenly and things like that.

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Delurking to say that I really really like this story, even though one of the routine (the baseball one !) was utterly baffling for a Frenchie who hasn’t the slightest idea of the rules of this game!

The premise of the story was an adventurous one, but the author picked up the gauntlet with customary flair and panache. I’m enjoying each chapter, and wondering who 'Thing One' and 'Thing Two' are, and what entertainment 'Mr Smith' really wants!

This is a nice variation of the forced marriage theme, and a very original idea for undercover investigation, while playing nicely on the screwball comedy virtuosity the series Lois and Clark were famed for.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Jackiek, thanks for the kind words, especially since you've just read the first nine chapters in one stretch. As far as the "scary words," as you term them, we've got four more chapters to go. We'll see if they get closer to or or farther from them some time before the end.

Daneel, I've wanted to do that Billie Jean routine ever since I first heard the song. Even after reading the lyrics while listening to the tune, I still hear the word "chair" in the chorus. There's a brief mention of Superman's activities coming up soon, he said mysteriously, but I'll tease you by not telling you when it's going to happen.

Millefeuilles, I have "flair and panache?" Wow. I hope there's a treatment for that. And don't worry about not grasping the baseball references - I'd be the same way reading a story about what us Yanks call "soccer" (because we already have a game called "football") and we didn't want to call our game "rounders" (it's what the British call their simplified version of baseball. And to give credit where credit is due, rounders came first). We'll learn more about the Things and Mister Smith very soon.

Next chapter up tonight!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!
Lois awoke refreshed and rested.
confused But he had *promised* he wouldn't touch her!

And pinned to the mattress by Clark’s arm draped across her midsection.
Ooooh! So he did touch her. It would be even more awkward if she had snuggled in to spoon and he'd now have his hand draped over her torso.

Sleeping beside him had dislodged something inside her and made her unable to thrive without him. She would never again say to him or hint to him or show him in any way that she wanted to leave his side.
That will be awkward when he gets up and takes a shower.
LOIS: confused Why? Should work great, need one, too.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

There were other considerations, like his freedom of choice
Can be manipulated through length and opacity of her apparel when he's presented with his options.

and his feelings for her
Okay, those might be an issue. She might be firmly lodged in the friend zone as his work wife.

and her very real need to visit the bathroom.
Ooops?

Maybe that fresh-from-the-shower idea wasn’t the worst one she’d ever had.
[Linked Image]

Maybe she’d try it in a couple of days.
hyper /checks chapter count/ Hmm...it won't come to that. sad

“Louie, we can’t do this material! We’d run off half our audience!”
Oh, cop and mob bit, with the mob winning?

“Ah, your great-uncle, the submarine captain?”

“Ja. He said many times, ‘Sank you very much.’”
clap

a tall auburn-haired woman in the second row wearing a short green dress stood up and threw a hotel card key on stage.
laugh

“Hmm. It iz perhaps a sign zat you are seeking ze approval of strange men due to ze lack of approval you perceive in your own life. Or, it may zimply be zat you are just horny as a three-headed goat.”
Probably a good thing he didn’t go for the Chippendale’s routine.

For example, ze feline-garbed woman who threw her key onstage haz obviously regressed to a cavewoman state due to ze amount of martinis she haz made to dizzapear.”
laugh

“I liked the one with Lois as the bubble dancer,” Clark offered.
shock Clark!

The small audience laughed. “In your dreams, Farm Boy,” Lois growled.

He dipped his head slightly in a small bow and said, “As you wish.”
This should get interesting next night around.

“Oh, Clark, can you come here for a minute?”

“Just for a minute?”

Lois grinned like a cheese-eating possum. “Maybe about three and a half minutes.”

“Okay, as long as it’s not any longer than that.”

“What’s wrong, honey? Are you tired?”
No, he's just worried about having to...well...last for longer than that.

He stopped moving and stared at her as she danced in front of him as if she were Scheherazade and he was her favorite king.
Ooooh! One of the classics!
LOIS: razz You do *one* 7-veils routine and you’re typecast for life.

But the chair is not my son
She says I am the one, but the chair is not my son
Considering that Clark's the Man of Steel, the metal chair could very well be his chair.

“Good night and be safe!”
Very creative routine!

Clark and Lois left the club through the front door and immediately saw that the thugs Lois had designated as Thing One and Thing Two were back.
Ho boy.

One shook his head. “I can’t say that Louie has or has not been contacted. I don’t know. All I do know is that we have no intention of cutting him out of loop.”
So, they are going to hang him from a loop by the neck until such a time as he has become dead and then they will let him hang there for the crows to devour. Nice people.

He tilted his head to one side and put one hand in his pants pocket. “And I find it interesting that neither of you has asked what your fee for this performance might be.”
Ho boy.

Besides, Louie needs to handle all of our booking fees because he’s responsible for making sure our tax situation is copacetic.”
I wonder if Clark specified that one to Louie, too.
CLARK: Yes, and I said to make it copacetic.
LOUIE: Yes, all the money's invested in the Copa Cabana.

“You seem to be almost unreasonably honest, Mr. Kent.”
He's from Smallville. It's good cover. Him and Lana never got discovered once behind the Dairy Freeze.
LOIS: Lana? Dairy Freeze? mad

Two took a hard step toward them. “I don’t think you two get it. Mister Smith ain’t a guy you wanna say ‘no’ to. Not never. And since we represent his interests here, you really don’t wanna say ‘no’ to us, neither.”
I wonder if they will meet man-shaped bats tonight, since they are in Gotham and all that.

He smiled back. “Aikido, actually. I spent a few months in Okinawa several years ago when I was traveling the world, and there was a young sensei just starting out who was willing to teach the big clumsy white boy how not to get killed in a fight.
Same situation as with the Nigerian Prince who still keeps writing to Clark on a monthly basis, huh? Clark sure left a lot of broken hearts on his trail around the world.

“Are you kidding?” She lifted one foot after the other and pulled her shoes off. “I’ve gained about eight pounds since you started cooking for me on a regular basis, and I can’t carry extra weight like you can. I have to work hard to stay slender.”
Bad Clark! Should have offered her an exercise regiment to burn those domestic calories right off again. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

His eyebrows drew together. “Honest, Lois, I hadn’t noticed that you’d put on weight. In fact, if you hadn’t told me, I still wouldn’t know.”
Oh boy. Can't win with that one.

“I don’t know whether to be grateful to you or feel ignored.”
The last one. Plus, not tight enough clothing.

He listened as she gently closed the door. It seemed to say, No peaceful slumber for you, Bubba. You don’t dare float in your sleep tonight – you’d drift right into the living room and hover over her like a doomed dirigible.

She’d probably wake up, see him, scream in terror, and be crushed when he awoke and fell down on her.
Cute one! Although it might result in some Smileys and resolutions of UST.

And then Perry would kill him for sure.
Yeah, for getting his star reporter pregnant right before Kerth season.

It was almost a cliché to her by now – they’d move toward something deep and personal, and Clark would sidestep at the last minute and suggest something to eat.
Oooooh! no wonder she gained eight pounds.

Maybe he needed something more direct. Maybe she really did need to step right out of the shower, looking sexier than any centerfold fantasy with water glistening on her skin and dripping from her hair and slink up to him and give him the best, the deepest, the dampest, the most intimate kiss of his life.
*nods*

And then she could pick up the ten thousand pieces of her shattered heart when he rejected her yet again.
Aaaargh! He'd only be pushing her away a little bit.
CLARK: Just a little bit?
LOIS: Well, not *that* little a bit.

Maybe she could die in Clark’s arms as he lied to her and told her that he loved her after all.

She was close to preferring that over being so near him while they were so far apart.
cat mecry wallbash

Quite the usual bit of fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard