Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278527 01/15/18 02:20 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
With the ceremony scheduled for the Kerths on April 14th, it's time to officially start looking at presenters for each category. As you've all noticed there are a lot more categories this year. Anyone willing to take on a category or two, comment below, send myself, DC, or NK a PM or you can email us at kcom@kerthawards.com. We can use all the help we can get. After nominations, we'll assign volunteers to categories (and make sure it doesn't conflict with author's nominated stories) thumbsup

The categories are as follows:

Best Super-Short
Best Short
Best Mid-length
Best Long/Epic
Best Tearjerker
Best Kiss
Best Relationship Story
Best Revelation
Best Challenge Response
Best Villain
Best Original/Supporting Character
Best Alternate Universe/Elsewhere/Next Generation Story
Best Series
Best Introspective Story
Best WAFFY
Best Character Development
Best Comedy
Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Most Innovative Idea
Best Overall
Best New Author

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
All right... confession time. I've never presented a category before shock so I might need a little nudge getting started. But that being said, I'd like to take a crack at one this year.

Who am I to turn away the siren call of presenting for Best Villain? wink Let's get wicked. devil

(Although Best Kiss would be fun too. Or ALt Verse. Or... who cares, anything would be fun.)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
All right... confession time. I've never presented a category before shock so I might need a little nudge getting started. But that being said, I'd like to take a crack at one this year.

Who am I to turn away the siren call of presenting for Best Villain? wink Let's get wicked. devil

(Although Best Kiss would be fun too. Or ALt Verse. Or... who cares, anything would be fun.)

Adding you to the list. thumbsup

Just sent you the email.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still looking for presenters! Any takers?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi,

I wish I could, but my situation is such that I can't be sure I'll be able to attend the ceremony. If it would be acceptable to pre-write my presentation and give it to someone else in the event I can not make it, then I would be happy to do the super-short presentation.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi,

I wish I could, but my situation is such that I can't be sure I'll be able to attend the ceremony. If it would be acceptable to pre-write my presentation and give it to someone else in the event I can not make it, then I would be happy to do the super-short presentation.

Joy,
Lynn

Lynn, we completely understand. Even if we got some people that weren't able to present write some speeches that would help a lot. thumbsup wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi,

Joy,
Lynn

Hi, Lynn! Thanks for offering! We would be more than happy to present a pre-written script for you. It's been done before without any problems. I'll double check and make sure no one is slated for the super-short category and one of us will get back to you. (Whichever of us can get to you first.)

ETA: Haha, Val got to you first.

Last edited by Deadly Chakram; 01/26/18 11:20 AM.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey I can do another two! How about best tearjerker and best kiss?

Will get started working them up and sending over ASAP!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I've volunteered by PM. I could do more than one category if needed.

Also I'll volunteer if any presenter wants to bounce ideas for presenting off someone else or just needs another opinion, PM me.

Last edited by cuidadora; 01/26/18 12:04 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll take two, too, with the usual setup of being eternally grateful for someone else to do the actual talking during the presentation (most likely).

I don't know which ones are left, but if possible, I'd like to sign up for the out-there, evil, funny, snarky, weird stuff. So, I guess the not-Kleenex-heavy categories.

[Linked Image]

What? No, using a bunch of Kleenex to clean liquids off you keyboard and screen does *not* count as Kleenex-heavy. Muses... It's like they are waiting right there in the wings, ready to jump in with unsolicited notions of grandeur once you poke your head onto the fanfic board.

Oh, look how late it is. Those gentlemen over there are certainly not from the Muse Protection Services agency. I keep my muse well fed in her ca- erm... ro- erm accommodations at all time!

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

PS: Taking a third is also an option if there's not enough volunteers.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
I'll take two, too, with the usual setup of being eternally grateful for someone else to do the actual talking during the presentation (most likely).

I don't know which ones are left, but if possible, I'd like to sign up for the out-there, evil, funny, snarky, weird stuff. So, I guess the not-Kleenex-heavy categories.

[Linked Image]

What? No, using a bunch of Kleenex to clean liquids off you keyboard and screen does *not* count as Kleenex-heavy. Muses... It's like they are waiting right there in the wings, ready to jump in with unsolicited notions of grandeur once you poke your head onto the fanfic board.

Oh, look how late it is. Those gentlemen over there are certainly not from the Muse Protection Services agency. I keep my muse well fed in her ca- erm... ro- erm accommodations at all time!

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

PS: Taking a third is also an option if there's not enough volunteers.

LOL! We'll add you to the list. After noms we'll be handing out the categories. I'm sure we can find something weird enough for you.
[Linked Image] thumbsup [Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard